Suns @ Jazz Thursday game thread 12-31-2020

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Same thing is going on with Booker. People keep bringing up Ayton but Booker hasn’t been great this year at all he’s a turnover machine all of a sudden.
Booker is still the primary ball handler when CP3 is resting.
Hence the continued turnovers.

At least Book does not have to play both positions when
the game is on the line as in past years.

He is simply not a combo Guard. And the more he has to
run the offense, the less time he is spending as potential
All Star at Shooting Guard. Perhaps he would commit less
fouls as well.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
These things happen. It's not unusual at all. Perhaps it stood out a little more when Ayton was not aggressively seeking his shot. Booker can get flustered but I like players to care. Paul does a lot of teaching but usually not during play and more so as a coach would do which is probably better.

All of this. It would be a problem if nobody was showing emotion. Ayton is a big boy and in-game adjustments may not occur if he doesn’t get immediate feedback, rough though it may be.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Booker is still the primary ball handler when CP3 is resting.
Hence the continued turnovers.

At least Book does not have to play both positions when
the game is on the line as in past years.

He is simply not a combo Guard. And the more he has to
run the offense, the less time he is spending as potential
All Star at Shooting Guard. Perhaps he would commit less
fouls as well.

Payne has been mostly handling the ball when Paul sits. Booker is a little rusty, but that’s okay seeing as how we have several guys that can pick up the slack.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm never going to argue against Cam, but just an interesting note...

Herro had 15 rebounds last game. Very surprising and impressive for a 2 guard.

I go through this process for every draft.

Cam Johnson, Tyler Herro and Brandon Clarke were all good choices when the Suns selected in the 2019 draft.

I wish we could have had them all.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I don't think Ayton realizes how big, strong, and long he is. I didn't realize it until I saw him play in person. Very few people will be able to defend him and stop his dunks, but I don't think he understand that.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't think Ayton realizes how big, strong, and long he is. I didn't realize it until I saw him play in person. Very few people will be able to defend him and stop his dunks, but I don't think he understand that.

Agreed. There was a moment when he got switched on Millsap around the basket (I think he missed a short shot and got his rebound and dunked it), and he caught and turned and Millsap looked like a guard and just got overpowered and fell down.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wrong thread ^^ but point stands

Also, nice to see DA getting better at winning jump balls. Might have been the difference in DEN.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree. There have been a number of times when he seems befuddled that he is so wide open or that he seems to get to the basket so easily. I think that will pass. He is playing right now like he is thinking a lot and working on the little things, especially on defense. Its a learning process.