Suns @ Bucks Sunday Finals game thread 7-11-2021 - Game 3

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This can’t be all on Book
You’re right. It’s also on Bridges and Paul who was a ball stopper tonight.

blaming the refs in a game where we played like crap is just as weak as Booker not showing up at all tonight.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
We didn’t lose solely because of Book… The fact he never left Phoenix didn’t help of course, but the Bucks figured out how to get Ayton in foul trouble. And when Giannis and Portis are on the floor together, the Suns literally have no answer. Middleton and Holiday are now untracked to boot.
Monty has a literal mountain to climb here… Brutal.

It was one loss where book was awful and giannis shot 80% from the ft line. Neither of these are likely to happen again

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sometimes Monty is too reserved with the Refs. No issue talking to them about Perceived fouls going one direction. But main concern is Booker.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You’re right. It’s also on Bridges and Paul who was a ball stopper tonight.

blaming the refs in a game where we played like crap is just as weak as Booker not showing up at all tonight.
We’ll just our luck Crowder will get cold again game4

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Oh my lord... “The Suns are in serious trouble.” Thank you for the hysteria. You’ve consistently rung this bell after pretty much EVERY loss all season and playoffs and the next game, the Suns make you look like a fool.

now that you’ve given your usual hysteria post loss, I expect them to do exactly that in Game 4.
LOL… you don’t like my opinions Cheese. I’m heartbroken.
Anyway, we aren’t playing a Kawhi-less Clipper or a Murray-less Nuggets, or even a Laker team with a half of an AD.
Monty has a mountain to climb in terms of coming up with adjustments that can tilt this back in the favor of the Suns.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ever seen a “star” get benched the entire 4th quarter in the finals
That wasn’t really a typical benching. He was giving Booker some rest. If the Suns is gone on a run to start the fourth he would have been back. It was obvious that wasn’t going to happen. Keep in mind Booker is either leading or the 2nd in terms of played minutes in the playoffs.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Th
This ain’t if. If we’re down 10, Booker is out there. The game was out of reach. Monty should’ve pulled everyone at the 10 min mark in the 4th
they would’ve been down by 10 to start the 4th if they hadn’t closed the 3rd with that weird lineup.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We didn’t lose solely because of Book… The fact he never left Phoenix didn’t help of course, but the Bucks figured out how to get Ayton in foul trouble. And when Giannis and Portis are on the floor together, the Suns literally have no answer. Middleton and Holiday are now untracked to boot.
Monty has a literal mountain to climb here… Brutal.
Did you just wake up out of a coma from the last four times we played the Bucks when we were 4-0 this season.

youre continued hysteria after EVERY loss is continually hysterical.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim Legler looks like a damn genius. He called two games in a row what the Bucks would do. He said they go after Ayton. He felt the Suns would be in trouble playing small against the Bucks because of rebounding and trying to keep Giannis in check.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim Legler looks like a damn genius. He called two games on a row what the Bucks would do. He said they go after Ayton. He felt the Suns would be in trouble playing small against the Bucks because of rebounding and trying to keep Giannis in check.

It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL… you don’t like my opinions Cheese. I’m heartbroken.
Anyway, we aren’t playing a Kawhi-less Clipper or a Murray-less Nuggets, or even a Laker team with a half of an AD.
Monty has a mountain to climb in terms of coming up with adjustments that can tilt this back in the favor of the Suns.

you’re right. The Suns should waive the white flag and just fly home now and hope our HCA magically makes us better and you shouldn’t even bother turning on the TV to watch them again because the end is nigh! The end is nigh!

it’s not that I don’t like your hysteria takes where you wet the bed after every game. I just think they’re ridiculous.

keep posting them. They a good source of comedy off the court on a night where on the court was a disaster.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Who is the accountant from Price Waterhouse & Cooper that ABC is using as a basketball analyst on the studio show?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Did you just wake up out of a coma from the last four times we played the Bucks when we were 4-0 this season.

youre continued hysteria after EVERY loss is continually hysterical.
Didn’t we have Saric in those wins? Or were you sleeping then? :)

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is what it is we played poorly and they played what will be the best game they play in the series, along with some really really favorable officiating! If that’s what it take for them to win we are still very much in control of this series. Book played his worst game of the entire playoffs and Ayton got BS fouls that put him on the bench too much, and again they played their best! They had bench players scoring double digits lol literally everything went their way!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
you’re right. The Suns should waive the white flag and just fly home now and hope our HCA magically makes us better and you shouldn’t even bother turning on the TV to watch them again because the end is nigh! The end is nigh!

it’s not that I don’t like your hysteria takes where you wet the bed after every game. I just think they’re ridiculous.

keep posting them. They a good source of comedy off the court on a night where on the court was a disaster.
Wow. You give Jon crap for his rants… and here you are putting words and meaning into my posts that aren’t there.
You’re a riot dude…

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right because two games in a row other people called out the same strategies. Give the guy some credit. He is a good analyst.

I'm not taking anything away from anybody but a lack of big man depth has been the Suns weakness all season. Losing Saric simply made it more obvious.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t we have Saric in those wins? Or were you sleeping then? :)
Actually... NO. I mean, you’re really making yourself look even more foolish than usual.

Saric didn’t play in the first game we beat them this season. We beat them with freaking FRANK starting. And we beat them in Game 1 of this series where he played 2 minutes before tearing his ACL. And then we didn’t have him AGAIN in Game 2 where we won. So, we were 3-0 without Saric.

Three of the four games Saric didn’t play when we were 4-0 previous to tonight.

what’s the next thing you’re going to hang your hysteria hat on?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker played awful and the game was basically out of reach throughout the 4th. I think Monty keeping him out was to ensure he didn't pick up a T during a point where the game was already over. Its not like how he was playing was going to bring us back.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson