Suns @ Bucks Sunday Finals game thread 7-11-2021 - Game 3

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s not all on him. But he’s a tremendous part. So is Bridges no show. And Payne and Craig playing awfully. And Ayton getting in foul trouble and pretty poor defense.

Just seems like when Payne is in he’s not allowed to do what Payne does. Attack and drive. CP3 was pretty much taking every possession when he was in.

the minutes the guys are seeing are out of the norm for the season and the series up to the clippers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem when someone mentions the absence of Saric many fans often interpret that as the whole problem.

It's not. It more a symptom that the Suns lack enough depth at the 4/5.

If Saric is your primary backup center and he is hurt, what does that say about the Suns backup big men?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't normally get that feeling about Paul but I felt that tonight. Just a bad game from our key contributors. Paul, Booker, and Ayton.

Before anyone complains about me saying Ayton had a bad game, he did, I don't care about his stats. His fouls were legit fouls. He knew he needed to stay out of foul trouble but didn't. Its fine, it happens. Its not a big problem unless its repeated. His hands also sucked tonight after the first quarter.

I never did all season until today’s game about CP3 playing hero ball. Seems like we are going away from what got us here.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't normally get that feeling about Paul but I felt that tonight. Just a bad game from our key contributors. Paul, Booker, and Ayton.

Before anyone complains about me saying Ayton had a bad game, he did, I don't care about his stats. His fouls were legit fouls. He knew he needed to stay out of foul trouble but didn't. Its fine, it happens. Its not a big problem unless its repeated. His hands also sucked tonight after the first quarter.
It’s bad because Ayton was finally creating his own shot this post season but he got fouled out.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not saying he is the reason we lost. What I’m trying to say - clearly ineffectively - is that the task ahead for Monty is made significantly more challenging because Dario is gone.
The Bucks were flawless tonight in executing their plan of being crazy aggressive, with Giannis driving to the lane all game. They finally got DA into foul trouble. And with DA on the bench, the Suns had no answers… And when Portis was on the floor with Giannis, Dario’s absence was amplified.
If Dario was a regular contributor I would agree. This is a gross exaggeration. Dario would have made no difference this game. The Suns tried to force their will playing small ball. I would have rather them used Frank and Craig’s fouls. That’s all Dario would have done.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thank you

for all the people trying to excuse him tonight. He played lazy af. I fully expect him to come out guns blazing
That’s doesn’t mean squat. If the game was close he would have been in there.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If Book would have scored his customary 30 points, we might be having a completely different discussion.

I still think we are the better team, but the Bucks aren’t the Kings. They are a good team.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were Monty, I’d bring it up and use the tape!
But I’m not Monty and my job isn’t to ensure the Suns are mentally right…
OK but the idea that winning 6 of 7 means nothing is ridiculous.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought Ayton had a nice game (18 points and 9 rebounds) aside from the cheap fouls called against him. Even Monty said players were running into him. He will have to adapt.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
No they arent.. lol. Chill out. Suns are in full control of this series and the Bucks won't get thus crazy officiating every night. This was the only Scott Foster game of the series
Do we know this for sure? Honestly not sure how the officiating lineups work.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We seem to suck playing from behind. I don’t remember many big comebacks this year besides game 4 vs the Lakers. We’re definitely a frontrunning squad.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
If Dario was a regular contributor I would agree. This is a gross exaggeration. Dario would have made no difference this game. The Suns tried to force their will playing small ball. I would have rather them used Frank and Craig’s fouls. That’s all Dario would have done.
Don’t agree… Dario wasn’t putting up the stats of course. But, he does play much better defense than Frank and even Craig. He makes it harder for guys like Giannis and Portis to score and rebound.
Tonight was a cake-walk for Giannis and Portis (well, really the entire Bucks roster).
But Dario does the little things that don’t always show up in the stat book, but make a difference.
We literally don’t have a legit backup to Ayton. Dario wasn’t winning any MVP’s, but he was a more than adequate backup to DA.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think all comes down to the Buck's and how they executed tonight. We needed to play a nearly perfect game on both ends. We didn't. They came out with that game 7 mentality and that energy carried them to the extra hustle buckets that made the difference. They did what they had to do. Give that team credit after the media blowing them up and taking shots. Now it's our turn after a lackluster performance.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t agree… Dario wasn’t putting up the stats of course. But, he does play much better defense than Frank and even Craig. He makes it harder for guys like Giannis and Portis to score and rebound.
Tonight was a cake-walk for Giannis and Portis (well, really the entire Bucks roster).
But Dario does the little things that don’t always show up in the stat book, but make a difference.
We literally don’t have a legit backup to Ayton. Dario wasn’t winning any MVP’s, but he was a more than adequate backup to DA.
Dario has played horrible defense these playoffs. The matchups have not benefited him at all. Looked slow and lumbering. He is in there to spell other guys and use his fouls. If he hits shots it’s a bonus.

There is a reason has gone from potential stater since coming to the Suns to sometimes used bench player.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Did you just write that Dario plays better defense than Craig? Really?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Ayton had a nice game (18 points and 9 rebounds) aside from the cheap fouls called against him. Even Monty said players were running into him. He will have to adapt.

It wasn't the typical bad Ayton game but it was bad. He did nothing after the 1st quarter except pick up fouls. They went at him and he bit on a lot early which caused him to be in position for the fouls to be called. I'm not saying he was terrible, we've all seen him play terribly. Tonight wasn't his night. He wasn't alone in that regard though. Crowder was the only starter who showed up and played out all 4 quarters.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It wasn't the typical bad Ayton game but it was bad. He did nothing after the 1st quarter except pick up fouls. They went at him and he bit on a lot early which caused him to be in position for the fouls to be called. I'm not saying he was terrible, we've all seen him play terribly. Tonight wasn't his night. He wasn't alone in that regard though. Crowder was the only starter who showed up and played out all 4 quarters.
He had no support in the first half. And we all love what he’s doing in the playoffs, but he DEFINITELY can’t carry the whole team. It’s not fair to him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We seem to suck playing from behind. I don’t remember many big comebacks this year besides game 4 vs the Lakers. We’re definitely a frontrunning squad.

The Suns have won a lot of close games this season.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’m not to concerned I don’t think the Bucks did anything new or something we haven’t seen we just played lazy a lot of standing around tonight no hustle at all

The 3s that Middleton and Holiday kept throwing up were uncontested…Way too many easy looks for them.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Dario he played horrible defense these playoffs. The matchups have not benefited him at all. Looked slow and lumbering. He is in there to spell other guys and use his fouls. If he hits shots it’s a bonus.
Of course he played slow and lumbering… that is who he is after all.
“Horrible” defense? I don’t agree… again, he wasn’t winning any MVP’s. But he was BY FAR, the best backup to DA we had…

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had no support in the first half. And we all love what he’s doing in the playoffs, but he DEFINITELY can’t carry the whole team. It’s not fair to him.

I know he can't carry us and I don't expect him to. He does need to play smarter than he did tonight. Use this as a learning experience. He should know what to expect, and avoid, next game.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not going to put this on Ayton because he didn't have much help. The Suns were terrible defensively.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course he played slow and lumbering… that is who he is after all.
“Horrible” defense? I don’t agree… again, he wasn’t winning any MVP’s. But he was BY FAR, the best backup to DA we had…
Monty does. He cut Darios playing time in half and Craig has been the better defender all season long.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Did you just write that Dario plays better defense than Craig? Really?
Yea… I think so. I think Dario makes it harder on guys, mainly because he’s not afraid to use his body and “get into” guys… I also think he’s a more reliable rebounder than Craig.
Torrey flashes and is far more athletic. I actually like them both. But, Dario is just better at mucking things up…

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson