Suns At Bucks Game Thread

cly2tw

Reaction score
I just dont get Gentry. I can see benching Nash, Hill and JRich for how they played but put in Amare instead of Lou and it would be a 2 posession game bc Amare doesn't let Kurt Thomas block him and then miss a 5 foot jumper like that.

I think the deciding factor in this game was that LB just couldn't be trusted with too much decision making and inserting Amare in there would've consolidated our offense, while not suffering too much on defense with either Nash or Frye in there. With Amare drawing double teams, LB and Clark would've benefited bigt and we might have pulled it out.

Last edited:

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Earl Clark should have earned himself some PT.

I hope so. I hope he has a Dudley-type turnaround at this point in the season. I remember last season Dudley struggled to find PT, and when Gentry became coach, Dudley showed everyone what he could do. Lets hope Clark can do the same thing.

GorrilaLips

Registered
Reaction score
Bucks forum - lots of hate towards Amare blaming for the Bogut injury. Wow, just wow. Kudos to some of the members there who are not playing the blame game right now.

I've watched the replay sooo many times, the guys hand slipped off the ring of the rim from sooo much momentum speeding down for a dunk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bucks forum - lots of hate towards Amare blaming for the Bogut injury. Wow, just wow. Kudos to some of the members there who are not playing the blame game right now.

I've watched the replay sooo many times, the guys hand slipped off the ring of the rim from sooo much momentum speeding down for a dunk

I can understand some Bucks fans wanting to blame Amare for Bogut getting hurt. Fans want to blame someone. Although Amare did foul Bogut, he didn't use much force in his push to the back. Unfortunately a 280 lb. player trying to hang onto the rim with the bottom portion of his body going out of bounds at high speed does not make for a good landing. The worst fall I can remember was many years back went Shawn Marion went up and he had his legs taken out from beneath him. He landed on his head. The Suns crowd went silent.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
That wasn't a foul, where was there any foul? He didn't push him at all he just had his forearm against him to protect himself from Bogut hanging on the rim.

Just an idiot move by Bogut. Even reasonable Bucks fans acknowledge that the guy has a habit of hanging on the rim after dunks. Deciding to do it at full speed, it's his own fault. He didn't have to to hang on the rim, he just wanted to show off.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That wasn't a foul, where was there any foul? He didn't push him at all he just had his forearm against him to protect himself from Bogut hanging on the rim.

Just an idiot move by Bogut. Even reasonable Bucks fans acknowledge that the guy has a habit of hanging on the rim after dunks. Deciding to do it at full speed, it's his own fault. He didn't have to to hang on the rim, he just wanted to show off.

And I thought a push in the back was a foul when a player is going up for a shot. A different camera angle would help to clarify.

There was a enough contact for Amare to be called for a personal foul but not a flagrant. However, it seems increasingly common for a referee (when a player takes a hard fall) to call a flagrant foul.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
looks like bogut was expecting some contact. but the guy doesnt have the strength to hold himself on the rim while going fast at the rim.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Admittedly, this is a terrible quality replay, but the outreach of Amare's hand seems to be coincident with a slight acceleration of Bogut's airborne body.

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I didn't feel there was any intent or anything there," Skiles said of Stoudemire's role in the play. "Looking at it I actually felt like Amar'e kind of stopped on the play. 'Bogues' was going with so much momentum and got caught up in the air there so I didn't think there was any intent to do anything wrong."
Skiles saying what we all saw happen.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Skiles saying what we all saw happen.
Yes, but of course they called a flagrant foul based on how hard the player fell, not how much contact there was, if any. Another flagrant called on Suns to be rescinded tomorrow. And yet, the refs keep getting it wrong.
There was a enough contact for Amare to be called for a personal foul but not a flagrant. However, it seems increasingly common for a referee (when a player takes a hard fall) to call a flagrant foul.
Right. Completely ignoring the actual rule.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Seriously there was no push, touching someone doesn't equal a push.

Give it up. It was a foul. That would have been called 100% of the time, regardless of the player.

I don't think it's a flagrant, but there is no way a foul ISN'T called there. The guy is in front of you, there is NO reason to touch him at all.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Yes, but of course they called a flagrant foul based on how hard the player fell, not how much contact there was, if any. Another flagrant called on Suns to be rescinded tomorrow. And yet, the refs keep getting it wrong.

Yep, absolutely.

Amare should never have even touched him. There was no intent, and I don't think it was a push, but just having his hand on Bogut's back is more than enough for the refs to call a foul.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
The refs truly suck, how in the world is that a flagrant foul?

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
I watched the game but did not read the game thread until this morning, where I saw the following gems:
"Barbosa is such a stupid player"
That would be Barbosa, who played 8 minutes less than Amare and scored 21, only 1 point less than Amare's 22.
"Nash's natural instinct paired with lack of conditioning hurts the team."
Can't even comment on that absurdity.
It is SO tempting to respond using appropriate but very unladylike language.
It's better to just officially ban myself.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
And I thought a push in the back was a foul when a player is going up for a shot. A different camera angle would help to clarify.

Agreed. That was the lamest flagrant I've ever seen. He barely brushed his back and got a foul for that?? :doi:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like Bogut will be out indefinitely. Too bad although it seems it could have been much worse. Unfortunately the Suns have had their share of heartache as well. It's still questionable if Lopez will make it back for the playoffs.

From AP/ ESPN:

MILWAUKEE -- Milwaukee Bucks center Andrew Bogut has a broken hand, dislocated elbow and sprained wrist that will keep him out indefinitely after a hard fall in Saturday night's victory over the Phoenix Suns.

The team said Sunday it does not know when he will return, but the injuries leave his availability for a potential playoff run in doubt. He has been released from the hospital.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5053689

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the guy just held on to the rim a split second too long.
or he doesnt have the strength to hold himself on the rim.
pretty bonehead move on his part to end his and the bucks season like that.

amare didnt follow through with his "push".
also, before bogut even touches the rim, amare's hand is off him already.
its just a dumb thing done by bogut on himself.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Fouls get called for less than that every game but that was not flagrant.

And LB does have a low basketball IQ. If the guy had half the bball IQ of Nash to go with his athleticism he'd be an All Star. Its like he can't see more than one player at a time.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
barbosa is just physcally too quick vs mentally.

evile

Reaction score
Is it me or did the suns give up in the 4th quarter? the backups got it down to 11 or 12, with 6 or 7 minutes left, and the suns never put nash amare and richardson back in to win the damn game!! They flat out gave up on a game that was easily within reach.......:bang:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Is it me or did the suns give up in the 4th quarter? the backups got it down to 11 or 12, with 6 or 7 minutes left, and the suns never put nash amare and richardson back in to win the damn game!! They flat out gave up on a game that was easily within reach.......:bang:

The starters stunk. I think Gentry let the bench play it out since they played hard and cut the lead, they deserved to finish it out win or lose.

The starters were just tired. Every team has games like this.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn