Suggs- what happened? etc.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between my computer cutting me off for several days( thought the site was down until Skorp assured me it wasn't), and then a work trip to Huntsville, Al Thurs-Sat, I've been away. People seem to be talking about Suggs again as if he slipped. Is this the fight AJ mentioned or his personal workouts on pro day?

On the flights back I read the SI with him on the cover(or Sporting News I forget) and I read the Sporting News draft mag cover to cover. Don't know why I bothered all that info is online but it made the flights pass quicker.

I found some show in Alabama that was talking draft with a predictably Southern slant and they seemed to be saying that Robertson might be officially ahead of Jimmy Kennedy on most boards now. They said Kennedy is now working out FOUR times a day, instead of 3 "trying to move himself back ahead of DeWayne Robertson at DT in the draft." Not sure what happened this was before the Penn State pro day I think so it's unlikely Kennedy bombed, must have been something Robertson did?

Apparently the Raiders have notified Darrell Russell's agent they will not take him back "under any circumstances". Russell was due to come up for reinstatement but the NFL has extended his suspension for "confidential reasons" prompting rumors that Darrell has already screwed up again before being reinstated. Apparently the Raiders were assured by the NFL that the delay in his reinstatement hearing in no way will impact their cap when they cut him, basically they don't have to cut him until he's reinstated so if he has screwed up again they win because they save the cost of cutting him.

In Alabama the comment on Emmitt's signing was they all assumed it was a PR move to sell tickets and "as long as they don't do something stupid like trade Shipp, it won't matter he'll wind up getting his carries anyways in all likelihood."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn