Suggestions for our next coach?!?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Definitely with Urban Meyer. Dunno about Chip Kelly; Oregon's program wasn't much before he got there, but they definitely had the resources to make an impression as the years went on.
How can it be dumb about Kelly when it was 100% accurate?

His whole system was based on placing superior athletes in space and letting them take advantage of the inferior competition.

That wasn’t the case(superior athletrs)in the nfl and it showed. And why he’s back in college at UCLA.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Munch it's who I wanted last year. Get that line fixed. A good O line alone gets us to 7 wins

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You know I have given Mike McCarthy a lot of **** but frankly the problems in Green Bay are coming from the front office. He and Rodgers both have been screwed out of more titles with abysmal personnel decisions in particular on the defensive side of the ball.

How would the Cards at this point offer anything different?

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
David Shaw.

I'm not a big fan of first time NFL head coaches entering from the college ranks, but Shaw already has solid NFL experience, is respected everywhere, and I'm confident that he'd put together a quality staff - something Wilks obviously failed miserably at doing, contributing to his demise.

Wilks & Keim both desperately need to go, and I'm confident at this point that Bidwill has already come to the realization that he must pull the trigger on both of them.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does Bidwill have the sack to fire both, I dont think so!
If you believe that every aspect of the team should be fully integrated into a single culture and philosophy, you make wholesale changes (including the HC and GM. Traditional MO is that you hire the GM and he/she hires the HC and other brass and the HC hires his assistants).

If you just need to fill one coaching vacancy within the context of existing culture or philosophy, you replace that one coach.

There is little about the current Cardinal team philosophy and culture that makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Unless there's stuff going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, my gut tells me we need a big, wide broom.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
I will be pretty surprised if they fire him because they would have to pay the rest of his contract. If i were the owner, i would be hesitant to fire him for that reason along with the optics with he rest of the league.

if it were me, i would tell Wilks that he appears to have the defense on the right track and he should keep working on the D so it improves and becomes a strength of the team.

However, for the other side of the ball, the front office is going to find a good offensive coordinator who would be in charge of the offense system, game plan and development of Rosen. I would probably look at Koetter, college coaches, etc. I would let Wilks know that his job on offense would be deciding whether to go for it on 4th down and possibly when to go for 2 but truthfully, most of those decisions should be coming from the guy who is in charge of the offense, not him.

Then i would fire Keim and find a GM to implement the above while i golf.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard