Suggestions for our next coach?!?

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I will be pretty surprised if they fire him because they would have to pay the rest of his contract. If i were the owner, i would be hesitant to fire him for that reason along with the optics with he rest of the league.

if it were me, i would tell Wilks that he appears to have the defense on the right track and he should keep working on the D so it improves and becomes a strength of the team.

However, for the other side of the ball, the front office is going to find a good offensive coordinator who would be in charge of the offense system, game plan and development of Rosen. I would probably look at Koetter, college coaches, etc. I would let Wilks know that his job on offense would be deciding whether to go for it on 4th down and possibly when to go for 2 but truthfully, most of those decisions should be coming from the guy who is in charge of the offense, not him.

Then i would fire Keim and find a GM to implement the above while i golf.
The big problem with this idea is #1 what OC is going to touch a team barreling towards the dumpster, #2 do we fire Leftwich now? Does Wilks have a say in that? #3 if the FO is making game time decisions why even have Wilks if he’s just a glorified DC? #4 if it works we lose the OC when someone poaches him and have to do it all over again.

In short, just fire Wilks, he’s useless

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
The big problem with this idea is #1 what OC is going to touch a team barreling towards the dumpster, #2 do we fire Leftwich now? Does Wilks have a say in that? #3 if the FO is making game time decisions why even have Wilks if he’s just a glorified DC? #4 if it works we lose the OC when someone poaches him and have to do it all over again.

In short, just fire Wilks, he’s useless

1. There are 32 jobs and lot of turnover. somebody is going to want the job.
2. I don't see any reason to fire him at this point and allow the new OC to interview him and decide if Leftwich should stay on in some capacity. Wilks should not have any say in the new OC.
3. I wouldn't want the front office making game time decisions, i would want the OC making game time decisions. The OC would have say over the offense. How is this actually different than having an offensive minded Head Coach who calls the plays and allows the DC to run the defense?
4. Best case scenario, this is a good problem to have.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. There are 32 jobs and lot of turnover. somebody is going to want the job.
2. I don't see any reason to fire him at this point and allow the new OC to interview him and decide if Leftwich should stay on in some capacity. Wilks should not have any say in the new OC.
3. I wouldn't want the front office making game time decisions, i would want the OC making game time decisions. The OC would have say over the offense. How is this actually different than having an offensive minded Head Coach who calls the plays and allows the DC to run the defense?
4. Best case scenario, this is a good problem to have.

Honestly i think Wilks didnt have any say even before about the offensive coordinator
He is good to market himself but he is a bad head coach and the bidwill has been missleaded by his interview

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we bring everyone back, we are officially the new Browns.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
To those reaquesting that we stop asking for the firing of Wilks and Keim, my question is this: What should we be talking about?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reiterating John Harbaugh - 2-0 with Lamar Jackson...

I highly doubt if John Harbaugh gets fired. If he leaves, it’ll be of his own accord. He’s definitely not leaving a solid franchise like Baltimore for our crappy organization.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mike McCarthy. He’s the best option for Rosen. This franchise needs to find out ASAP if Rosen can play. No one out there is better qualified to determine that than McCarthy. The Packers problems are at the GM level. Trust me, if the Packers fire him, he’ll be snatched up in less than 15 minutes.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember people saying the same thing about Andy Reid in & after Philly :mrgreen:

Exactly. MB is going to take quite the financial hit if he fires Wilks/Keim at the same time. A guy like McCarthy can turn this around much faster than a young OC. For every young OC turned HC that works, 10 don’t. Michael won’t like those odds. In the shape that this franchise is currently in, I don’t like those odds either.