Suggestions for our next coach?!?

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Exactly. MB is going to take quite the financial hit if he fires Wilks/Keim at the same time. A guy like McCarthy can turn this around much faster than a young OC. For every young OC turned HC that works, 10 don’t. Michael won’t like those odds. In the shape that this franchise is currently in, I don’t like those odds either.

Could you imagine being in Michael Bidwill’s shoes and writing those checks to those who let him down? I’d be physically ill. But as Hyman Roth said “This is the business we have chosen.” Pay Wilks to go away

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea & they said the same about Jeff Fisher after Tennessee.

Not even remotely close. Jeff Fisher was a former DC. Reid & McCarthy came from the offensive side of the ball. Very similar offensive philosophies. Stupid comparing Fisher to Reid or McCarthy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Exactly. MB is going to take quite the financial hit if he fires Wilks/Keim at the same time. A guy like McCarthy can turn this around much faster than a young OC. For every young OC turned HC that works, 10 don’t. Michael won’t like those odds. In the shape that this franchise is currently in, I don’t like those odds either.

Please validate this opinion.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not even remotely close. Jeff Fisher was a former DC. Reid & McCarthy came from the offensive side of the ball. Very similar offensive philosophies. Stupid comparing Fisher to Reid or McCarthy.
Why? Because it doesn’t fit your narrative?

In what world do Reid & McCarthy have very similar offensive philosophies? Don’t insult Reid like that.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Could you imagine being in Michael Bidwill’s shoes and writing those checks to those who let him down? I’d be physically ill. But as Hyman Roth said “This is the business we have chosen.” Pay Wilks to go away

Cost Bidwill 15 million to sign Bradford to fart away 3 games, the cost to have Wilks go away is a small fee in comparison.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why? Because it doesn’t fit your narrative?

In what world do Reid & McCarthy have very similar offensive philosophies? Don’t insult Reid like that.

My narrative is that I want an offensive minded coach that will ensure that our QBOTF isn’t a wasted pick. Since we have a pathetic franchise when it comes to making HC decisions, I’d like to have someone that has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they can develop a QB & win in the NFL. McCarthy has proven he can do both. That is my narrative.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
McCarthy runs a pure WCO without innovations. While he is from the same coaching tree as Reid, the latter is much more creative and taking a page out of the college game. All McCarthy did was riding the great Aaron Rodgers, who is good enough to make something happen even if it's not really there. McCarthy deserves credit for developing Rodgers early on, but his scheme is a relict of ancient times when you look at the best offenses around the league.

That said, I think McCarthy has a scheme that could fit Rosen well. The Packers have never had a multidimensional RB like DJ. Given his experience, McCarthy's wouldn't be the worst choice after the rookie HC debacle with Wilks. However, I'd still prefer a more innovative coach.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey WC, after so many years, a voice does get stale. The same thing happened in Philly with Andy Reid. There may very well be some hotshot, offensive guru, fancy pants OC out there that can do for us what McVey has done in LA. Unfortunately, this franchise is in a pickle & does MB have the gonads to go that route? Everyone ridiculed KC for making the SAFE hire with Reid. I think that's worked out very well for both Reid & the KC franchise. McCarthy has NEVER been given any credit for GB's success. It has always been given to Rodgers. I say McCarthy will coach his next team with a HUGE chip on his shoulder. Similar to the chip that BA brought here because he had to wait until he was in his 60's to get his first opportunity as a HC. I stand by my McCarthy choice as a solid one for AZ.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Hey WC, after so many years, a voice does get stale. The same thing happened in Philly with Andy Reid. There may very well be some hotshot, offensive guru, fancy pants OC out there that can do for us what McVey has done in LA. Unfortunately, this franchise is in a pickle & does MB have the gonads to go that route? Everyone ridiculed KC for making the SAFE hire with Reid. I think that's worked out very well for both Reid & the KC franchise. McCarthy has NEVER been given any credit for GB's success. It has always been given to Rodgers. I say McCarthy will coach his next team with a HUGE chip on his shoulder. Similar to the chip that BA brought here because he had to wait until he was in his 60's to get his first opportunity as a HC. I stand by my McCarthy choice as a solid one for AZ.

I wouldn't hate it either Vince. He might come cheap too since he would still be owed money from Green Bay, and help mitigate the loss for the Bidwill family.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think a real darkhorse would be Pete Carmichael the Saints OC. He has been there for years and has had every opportunity to learn from Payton.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's dark times when Cards are been coached by a staff that makes Jeff Fisher & his 7-9 ******** look heavenly in comparison smh

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope that the Cardinals don't pull a stunt like is reported out of Illinois. Lovie Smith, thankfully, will not be available for the Cards to hire until after the 2025 season as reports have it that he has been extended. That is actually worse than the Cardinals keeping the present coaching staff. Where else but in Illinois can a really losing coach be the highest paid state employee.
\

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cardinals should consider Norv Turner as HC because he has experience in helping develop young QBs. He did wonders for Rivers when Rivers was starting off and could do the same for Rosen as well. Even Cam Newton is now having the best season of his career under Norv.

It may not be a longterm hire but at least someone to help develop Rosen and the offense is very important.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cardinals should consider Norv Turner as HC because he has experience in helping develop young QBs. He did wonders for Rivers when Rivers was starting off and could do the same for Rosen as well. Even Cam Newton is now having the best season of his career under Norv.

It may not be a longterm hire but at least someone to help develop Rosen and the offense is very important.

No freaking way. I had to endure four years of him at the SD Chargers. He’s a terrible head coach who took a 14-2 team and made them regress each year

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No freaking way. I had to endure four years of him at the SD Chargers. He’s a terrible head coach who took a 14-2 team and made them regress each year
I'm a Chargers fan too and even I know the main reason for that team's regression was AJ Smith pissing away the talent on those teams away and not finding replacements and drafting busts nearly every year during Norv's tenure.

Regardless of all that, he can help Rosen and that should be the priority for the Cardinals.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I don't know about coach, as I think he still has time on his deal but there is a brewing opportunity because the Pats are rumored to have really pissed off Belichick.... possible GM?