Star Trek: Enterprise Cancelled

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
SpikeTV shows DS9 and TNG during the day.

DS9 is on every day from 10-12 and TNG from 12-2. Sci-Fi runs mini- marathons of the Original series every once in a while.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
That is disappointing.

I guess it never really took off. Besides basketball games it is the only network TV I really watch.

I watched it because it was Star Trek but the whole franchise has gone downhill since Gene passed away.

Voyager was ok, TNG was the best, never really watched DS9.

You should check out DS9. After TNG, DS9 is my favorite. Interesting characters, good story lines, good cast.

The only flow is that Marina Sirtis is not there, lol.

P.S. Just watched "The Best of Both Worlds" (when the Borg kidnap Piccard) What a great two- parter.
:thumbup:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I have heard from many people that this season was actually very good--better than any season of Voyager or DS9. I don't know that for sure, since I don't watch it--but I like the premise.

I don't know man, even hard core trekkies I know refuse to watch that show. I watched two episodes and couldn't take it anymore. (And this is coming from a guy who's got every episode of every series on DVD or VHS, two Enterprise shirts and autographs from just about everybody from TNG)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI: TV Guide reported in its current issue that Star Trek: The Next Generation stars Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis may appear in the finale of Star Trek: Enterprise, which airs in May.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Anyone else watch the episode from Friday night? It was called "Affliction". It explained why 23rd century Original Series Klingons had no forehead ridges. Its a two part episode and it will rerun tonight (sunday) at 9pm on UPN and part two will be on Friday night at 7pm. It was pretty good. Had some ties to Deep Space 9 (section 31), TOS (Ridgeless Klingons, Eugenics Wars ect)

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DS9 grows on you, in many ways it is more like Bablyon-5 than Star Trek as most episodes are an integrated part of a larger story.

Dang, I wish they would start rerunning B5 again.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HeavyB3 said:
Anyone else watch the episode from Friday night? It was called "Affliction". It explained why 23rd century Original Series Klingons had no forehead ridges. Its a two part episode and it will rerun tonight (sunday) at 9pm on UPN and part two will be on Friday night at 7pm. It was pretty good. Had some ties to Deep Space 9 (section 31), TOS (Ridgeless Klingons, Eugenics Wars ect)

Watch them all, I'd say it is on a par with DS9. Voyger sucked, watchable but not rerun watchable. Obvioulsy TNG is the best but while I grew up watching the original, it has become so dated as to be unwatachable. Watch TNG reruns on Tivo instead.

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
Trekkies

Trekkies Unite to Save "Enterprise"
[size=-1]Friday February 25 5:50 PM ET[/size]

[font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]By Sarah Hall [/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]Loyal Trekkies--er, make that Trekkers--beamed across the globe Friday to express their discontent over UPN's decision to axe Star Trek: Enterprise.

Earlier this month, the network announced the show's impending demise at the end of its fourth season, leaving Enterprise devotees facing the prospect of network television devoid of a Star Trek series for the first time in almost 20 years.

Aghast at the realization that the show had reached its final frontier, viewers galvanized a plan to keep Enterprise alive by attempting to raise $32 million dollars to fund the cost of a fifth season and alerting the powers that be to the show's committed fan base.

On Friday, Trekkies held "Save Enterprise" rallies at the Paramount lot in Los Angeles, the offices of CBS and the Sci-Fi channel in New York, the Fox affiliate in Washington, D.C., the offices of the BBC and Channel 4 in London and at Tel Aviv University in Israel.

Tim Brazeal, a systems administrator from Knoxville, Tennessee who is spearheading the project, said that three people have pledged $3 million toward salvaging the show, while fan site TrekUnited.com had raised $49,410 by Friday afternoon.

According to chatter in fan forums such as TrekUnited.com and SaveEnterprise.com, the L.A. rally drew the most participants, with an estimated 200 to 400 Trek enthusiasts voicing their support for the show.

Rather than channeling their inner Mr. Spock, participants were urged to come dressed in normal attire, as a statement on SaveEnterprise.com advised, "Although we think that coming in dress would be great, we also think this would stereotype us all as 'Hardcore' Trekkers and would hurt more than help. Please wear your daily wear."

Most of the rally attendees complied with the dress code, though some could not resist donning Vulcan ears for the cause.

Enterprise, a prequel to the original 1960s Star Trek series, currently draws about 3 million viewers a week, about half the number who watched its first season, and way down from the 12.5 million who tuned in for its 2001 premiere.

As of now, its final episode is slated to air on May 13.

Efforts to save shows headed for cancellation typically fail, though dedicated fans managed to breathe life into past struggling shows such as the WB's Felicity and Roswell and ABC's Once and Again through Internet campaigns.

If the Trekkers fail in their mission to keep Enterprise on the airwaves, money will either be refunded to donors or donated to tsunami relief, Brazeal said.

However, even if Enterprise bites the dust, there's still a bright spot on the horizon for Star Trek fans.

Earlier this week, Variety reported that scribe Erik Jendresen (Band of Brothers) has been hired to pen the script for Star Trek XI, the latest installment in the long-running sci-fi franchise.

The project was reportedly shelved in January, but production is apparently back in motion, though Paramount has not yet set a release date for the film, which is rumored to focus on the Romulan War, which took place before the original series. http://tv.yahoo.com/news/eo/20050225/110938260000p.html[/size][/font]

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Anyone watch "In a Mirror Darkly"? It was another look into the Mirror universe. Good stuff, love seeing the constitution class ship back in service.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard