Star Trek: Enterprise Cancelled

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Source:UPN, Paramount Network Television
February 2, 2005

UPN and Paramount Network Television have jointly announced that this will be the final season of Star Trek: Enterprise on UPN. [Production will continue until the end of this season, which will finish shooting in March.] The series finale will air on Friday, May 13, 2005.

"Star Trek has been an important part of UPN's history, and 'Enterprise' has carried on the tradition of its predecessors with great distinction," said Dawn Ostroff, President, Entertainment, UPN. "We'd like to thank Rick Berman, Brannon Braga and an incredibly talented cast for creating an engaging, new dimension to the Star Trek universe on UPN, and we look forward to working with them, and our partners at Paramount Network Television, on a send-off that salutes its contributions to The Network and satisfies its loyal viewers."

David Stapf, President of Paramount Network Television, said, "The creators, stars and crew of 'Star Trek: Enterprise' ambitiously and proudly upheld the fine traditions of the Star Trek franchise. We are grateful for their contributions to the legacy of Trek and commend them on completing nearly 100 exciting, dramatic and visually stunning episodes. All of us at Paramount warmly bid goodbye to 'Enterprise', and we all look forward to a new chapter of this enduring franchise in the future."

A prequel to the original "Star Trek" series, Star Trek: Enterprise premiered on UPN on Sept. 26, 2001, and aired for its first three seasons on Wednesdays (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT). On Oct. 8, 2004, Star Trek: Enterprise moved into its current time on Fridays (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT). Through its four-year run, Star Trek: Enterprise produced a total of 98 episodes and earned four Emmy Awards.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Show never quite got my attention.

OP
OP
azdad1978

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
The whole Star Trek franchise got stale. They need to lay low for while, maybe for 2 years and then maybe make up some new ideas. Star Wars lay low for a while and the fans ask for it so they deliver with new script and good new stories.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show was a great idea, and i was so excited to see what they could do with it...unfortunately they failed....

I watched it for the first season, but then gave up on it. They just never got into what they could do with the show...

Mike

Djaughe

Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
This show was a great idea, and i was so excited to see what they could do with it...unfortunately they failed....

I watched it for the first season, but then gave up on it. They just never got into what they could do with the show...

Mike

What were they trying to do? :confused:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
The whole Star Trek franchise got stale. They need to lay low for while, maybe for 2 years and then maybe make up some new ideas. Star Wars lay low for a while and the fans ask for it so they deliver with new script and good new stories.

New stories--sure.

Good new stories--jury's still out.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
It was about time. Quality was not even close to the original series, TNG, Voyager, or DS9.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
What were they trying to do? :confused:

Sorry...i guess i mean, what they COULD have done with it...basically the first ever mission to outer space...before Kirk even.

They could have shown us entire new worlds., sort of like the original series. Not all the galaxy-wide politics that didn't exist back then.

I would have just loved to see them find a new planet every week...new aliens...etc.

I dunno, I think they really missed the boat. It could have been really good.

Mike

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I have heard from many people that this season was actually very good--better than any season of Voyager or DS9. I don't know that for sure, since I don't watch it--but I like the premise.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Sorry...i guess i mean, what they COULD have done with it...basically the first ever mission to outer space...before Kirk even....

Thats not a bad concept...the writers spent so much time going forward into the future they could have easily filled up the historical gaps such as 'first contact.' I woulda been all over that.

To bad they didn't have you in the brain storm meetings...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Djaughe said:
Show never quite got my attention.

Note to Djaughe: Go Google Jolene Blalock.

Most people tell me that's why they watch the show. :shrug:

Djaughe

Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Note to Djaughe: Go Google Jolene Blalock.

Most people tell me that's why they watch the show. :shrug:

You must be registered for see images

:barf:

I prefer the 7of9 character instead...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Star Wars lay low for a while and the fans ask for it so they deliver with new script and good new stories.

:confused:

Star Wars lost all of it's momentum from the first three films...Lucas made the fans wait 17 years only to frustrate them greatly with the bland trilogy which wraps up this year.

Then Lucas decided that wasn't enough heartbreak...he had to crush the longtime fans by NOT releasing the original trilogy as seen in theaters by so many.

:computer:

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

:|

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
I used to love watching "star trek: the next generation", but after that, the new attempts (ie: Enterprise) were just not as good.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:

As someone who has .avi of all of TNG, DS9, and Voyager, the first time I heard the theme song and saw such a pathetic cast, I severely lowered my expectations. Still, the Xindi conflict produced some decent episodes, but not enough to breath real life into the show. This season I stopped watching after the fifth or sixth episode with no desire to start watching again.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
That is disappointing.

I guess it never really took off. Besides basketball games it is the only network TV I really watch.

I watched it because it was Star Trek but the whole franchise has gone downhill since Gene passed away.

Voyager was ok, TNG was the best, never really watched DS9.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Djaughe said:

:barf:

I prefer the 7of9 character instead...

Have you ever seen her when she's not in her Vulcan getup? She's pretty freaking amazing.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score

That's one of the more "cleaner" pictures I found.

Djaughe

Reaction score
Town Drunk said:

That's one of the more "cleaner" pictures I found.

If they had her like that in the shows the series would never have been cancelled! :eek:

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I have heard from many people that this season was actually very good--better than any season of Voyager or DS9. I don't know that for sure, since I don't watch it--but I like the premise.

Season 3 was very good and Season 4 has been good thus far so bascially Enterprise is the best Star Trek has been since the end of Deep Space 9.... which in my opinion was the best of any of the shows. It sucks too because they were just getting into the Earth-Vulcan-Andorian-Tellerite war with the Romulans that brought these 4 races together and led to the formation of the Federation. I wanted to see that....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard