Speaking it into existence: Anarumo

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I like Lou...

But IMO Mike wants to build long term stability and thats easier if you find a younger coach... then there is the offense thing...
I dunno... I like Lou but I think Mike is leaning Kafka

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know a ton about either but my preference is probably Kafka because guys like Mahomes are really touting him and given the money invested in Kyler we should be trying to find a coach who can help him as a priority.

I'll give whoever we hire a chance. I have to say my concern with Kafka is was the turnaround of Daniel Jones because of him, or because of Daboll?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I like about Anarumo is the fact t that everyone praises his half time adjustments. The Bengals defense would shut down their opponents in the 2nd half. This is something that neither KK or VJ ever did. Cards would always come out flat after half-time.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I like about Anarumo is the fact t that everyone praises his half time adjustments. The Bengals defense would shut down their opponents in the 2nd half. This is something that neither KK or VJ ever did. Cards would always come out flat after half-time.
Adjustments were something the opposing teams did when playing us

VJ was lost and stuck to the same game plan throughout the game

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Except the rumor is VJ will stick as DC if Lou is hired. IDGAF what Lou's defenses did, VJ ain't adjusting at halftime.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
No Vance. And I don’t hate him like some here. We need all new fresh coaching staff.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know a ton about either but my preference is probably Kafka because guys like Mahomes are really touting him and given the money invested in Kyler we should be trying to find a coach who can help him as a priority.

I'll give whoever we hire a chance. I have to say my concern with Kafka is was the turnaround of Daniel Jones because of him, or because of Daboll?

Hmm. "Kliff is a very gifted coach and will do a great job with the Cardinals and Josh Rosen". Patrick Mahomes.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
"Tree" gets me...has me confused, concerned, whatever.

Mike Kafka is clearly from the Andy Reid tree... offensive coach who cut his teeth under an offensive coach. okay, I got that.

But Lou...
Defensive coach,...hmmm... dan campbell? I dunno... whose tree is he from?
It appears to me Lou is running his own defense, not based on any of his previous superiors in the nfl. That aint necessarily a bad thing

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
No Vance. And I don’t hate him like some here. We need all new fresh coaching staff.
Mike hired Vance because he wanted someone with nfl HC experience to help teach kliff the ropes.
and now he is hiring another guy with no nfl HC experience.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This probably belongs in the thread about randomly meeting athletes, but when I was at Matt Leinart's Super Bowl party, I caught eyes with Donovan McNabb on the way to the bathroom, and he said "no pictures, please." Which I replied to him with "Didn't want one."

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Looks like Andy Reid is in the ear of Bidwill, Mahomes just talked about Kafka to the media. Who's hyping up Anarumo to Bidwill?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And no one is thinking that we end up with a Philly guy? Time will tell. At this point in time, I really don’t care who gets the HC job. I think that our future success is more in MO’s hands than whoever we hire as HC.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Bidwill did listen to McVay on Kliff. Of course perhaps McVay intentionally Trojan horse’d us being in the same division. Doubt Reid cares about all that being in the AFC and having Mahomes.

The one thing I keep hearing about this guy is his toughness and intelligence. You can’t teach that.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score

Looks like Andy Reid is in the ear of Bidwill, Mahomes just talked about Kafka to the media. Who's hyping up Anarumo to Bidwill?

Well, most Bengal fans are hoping it is Kafka as well. They apparently don't want to lose their DC.