Speaking it into existence: Anarumo

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
People aren't just their CV's though right? I'm sure there are a lot of differences between them.

But also Anurumo has been a DC for 3 years. Wilks was a 1 year DC.
Yes, but no one here really knows that. I understand fanboying Sean Payton—he’s a Super Bowl winner. Stanning for either of these clowns makes no sense to me.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, but no one here really knows that. I understand fanboying Sean Payton—he’s a Super Bowl winner. Stanning for either of these clowns makes no sense to me.

Oh yeah I can get with that but then, most coaches in every cycle are first time head coach candidates with a smattering of failed HC's.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Maybe they can call Vance Joseph.
Mahomes also endorsed Kafka. I’m actually good with either at this point. I‘d pick the one who wanted it most, unconditionally in the interview. There will clearly be challenges on the other side of the ball foe either one. I think it‘s easier to find a good DC, but they both bring needed expertise to the Cards Who had no real OC and at best a moderately able DC. This should quickly at least dolve hslf the problem. Y
Lets Make the Cardinals Defense Great Again:

Step 1: Hire Lou as your HC

Step 2: Bring in the bodies

* Re-Sign DE Zach Allen
Allen fits perfectly as a DE in Lou's 4 man front. Allen has the football intelligence that Lou looks for.
* Re-Sign CB Byron Murphy
Murphy is the type of physical corner that Lou desires. DBs need to be able to defend the run in Lou's defense.

* Sign FA LB Germain Pratt
Pratt played for Lou in Cinci and would be the perfect complement next to Zaven. Pratt would instantly be able to run the Defense for Lou.
* Sign FA DL Larry Ogunjobi
Ogunjobi would add another solid starter to a depleted DL.
* Sign FA CB Eli Apple
Low cost depth at CB. Was a backup who was forced into starting for the Bengals after a rash of injuries to the Bengals Defensive backfield. Lou had Apple playing at his best.

* Draft DL Jalen Carter Round 1
The Cinci defense centered around the stellar play of NT DJ Reader. Carter is a disruptive force that Lou can build his DL around.
* Draft CB Deonte Banks Round 2
Adding another young physical CB to the roster. CB is very deep this year and Banks could be there early in the 2nd

So the Defensive depth chart would be something like this:

LDE: Zach Allen, Victor Dimukege, Myjai Sanders
NT: Jalen Carter (R), Leke Fotu
DT: Larry Ogunjobi, Rashard Lawrence
RDE: Markus Golden, Cam Thomas

WLB: Zaven Collins
MLB: Germaine Pratt

LCB: Byron Murphy, Christian Matthew
SS: Budda Baker
FS: Jalen Thompson
RCB: Eli Apple, Deonte Banks (R)
NB: Isaiah Simmons, Marco Wilson
Ogunjobi will be expensive to sign based on the voided Bear contract. I just don‘t think he posted the numbers to justify it. Pratt would be fine. Apple gives too much cushion and the Cards already have an issue with that. Carter would be great. Banks is fine in zone but lacks recovery speed and flat speed is marginal. I’m not sure he beats 4.50 at the combine. He’s also not much of a ballhawk. Cards need at least a number 2 corner.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport just said on NFL Network that the Lou Anarumo interview went 'extremely well' but that there will be no announcement until after the Super Bowl.

Reading between the lines it sounds like Lou is our guy. That's just my interpretation FWIW.
Nah, that's owner speak to use as leverage in negotiating with Kafka!

#TeamKafka
#KafkaRulesLouDrools
#LouAsInLoser

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport just said on NFL Network that the Lou Anarumo interview went 'extremely well' but that there will be no announcement until after the Super Bowl.

Reading between the lines it sounds like Lou is our guy. That's just my interpretation FWIW.
I would like for Anarumo to get the job also but I'm thinking the endorsements for Kafka by Mahomes & Reid may have won Bidwill over. I think his main priority in a HC is getting Kyler right, Anarumo will have had to show a good plan for Kyler imo.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like for Anarumo to get the job also but I'm thinking the endorsements for Kafka by Mahomes & Reid may have won Bidwill over. I think his main priority in a HC is getting Kyler right, Anarumo will have had to show a good plan for Kyler imo.

I hope not. Every HC candidate ever has been endorsed by their current players/colleagues. Including all the terrible ones. Cards players want VJ.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope not. Every HC candidate ever has been endorsed by their current players/colleagues. Including all the terrible ones. Cards players want VJ.
You hope Kafka doesn't get the job? They like VJ as a man & friend I'm sure & that's probably standing in the way of his actual coaching ability or complicated system he runs that flat out sucks.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You hope Kafka doesn't get the job? They like VJ as a man & friend I'm sure & that's probably standing in the way of his actual coaching ability or complicated system he runs that flat out sucks.
No. I hope Mike doesn't put any weight on the comments of Mahomes or Reid.
Which one do you want?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d be fine with Kafka, but my preference is Anurama, Gannon, or Steichen. I’m not throwing in the towel that we’ve held out to have the opportunity to interview Gannon and Steichen. If we hire Bienemy, it better be for OC.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Didn’t they also have Josh Norman playing at All-Pro level? And Kwan Short who was a load at DT and a two-time Pro Bowler.
Not in the year I liked to. Their starting CBs were James’s Bradbury and Daryl Worley.

The Dline was pretty nasty tho NGL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not in the year I liked to. Their starting CBs were James’s Bradbury and Daryl Worley.

The Dline was pretty nasty tho NGL.
Oh yeah. I was looking at the 2015 squad for some reason.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’d be fine with Kafka, but my preference is Anurama, Gannon, or Steichen. I’m not throwing in the towel that we’ve held out to have the opportunity to interview Gannon and Steichen. If we hire Bienemy, it better be for OC.

Gannon was informed, I believe, that he wasn't in the running, and Steichen may have Indy sowed up.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Which one do you want?

What do I know? Hiring HCs is largely pot luck.

I would personally prefer Anarumo because Kafka feels like Kliff 2.0.

But I will support whoever gets it.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t believe any Eagle assistants are being considered. If they were it would have leaked out. In addition they had plenty of time for a first interview weeks ago.
I think the Cardinals have made their choice but want to have the spotlight on Arizona next week. Probably on Wednesday.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be crazy that the Cardinals interviewed the OC of the Eagles and waiting after the Superbowl to announce the hiring.

Then we couldn't complain about things leaking. Though I know this won't happen.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be crazy that the Cardinals interviewed the OC of the Eagles and waiting after the Superbowl to announce the hiring.

Then we couldn't complain about things leaking. Though I know this won't happen.
The only thing that I’m hearing being leaked is that it’ll be Michael making the HC decision, not MO. If that’s true, MO is a figure head, and we’ll be picking another HC in 2-3 years. Let’s not forget that Wilks was the last HC that Michael chose. Kyler, get out of there ASAP.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The only thing that I’m hearing being leaked is that it’ll be Michael making the HC decision, not MO. If that’s true, MO is a figure head, and we’ll be picking another HC in 2-3 years. Let’s not forget that Wilks was the last HC that Michael chose. Kyler, get out of there ASAP.

Nah, he was dumb/smart enough to cause enough drama to get a massive extension a year early, with the knowledge of more years with Keim/Kliff/Bidwill. He is stuck here and it's his own damn fault. He knows what he has at owner. No sympathy for him since he already secured the bag.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then why hire a GM?

The GM needs to making the selection

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson