Speaking it into existence: Anarumo

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets Make the Cardinals Defense Great Again:

Step 1: Hire Lou as your HC

Step 2: Bring in the bodies

* Re-Sign DE Zach Allen
Allen fits perfectly as a DE in Lou's 4 man front. Allen has the football intelligence that Lou looks for.
* Re-Sign CB Byron Murphy
Murphy is the type of physical corner that Lou desires. DBs need to be able to defend the run in Lou's defense.

* Sign FA LB Germain Pratt
Pratt played for Lou in Cinci and would be the perfect complement next to Zaven. Pratt would instantly be able to run the Defense for Lou.
* Sign FA DL Larry Ogunjobi
Ogunjobi would add another solid starter to a depleted DL.
* Sign FA CB Eli Apple
Low cost depth at CB. Was a backup who was forced into starting for the Bengals after a rash of injuries to the Bengals Defensive backfield. Lou had Apple playing at his best.

* Draft DL Jalen Carter Round 1
The Cinci defense centered around the stellar play of NT DJ Reader. Carter is a disruptive force that Lou can build his DL around.
* Draft CB Deonte Banks Round 2
Adding another young physical CB to the roster. CB is very deep this year and Banks could be there early in the 2nd

So the Defensive depth chart would be something like this:

LDE: Zach Allen, Victor Dimukege, Myjai Sanders
NT: Jalen Carter (R), Leke Fotu
DT: Larry Ogunjobi, Rashard Lawrence
RDE: Markus Golden, Cam Thomas

WLB: Zaven Collins
MLB: Germaine Pratt

LCB: Byron Murphy, Christian Matthew
SS: Budda Baker
FS: Jalen Thompson
RCB: Eli Apple, Deonte Banks (R)
NB: Isaiah Simmons, Marco Wilson

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

* Re-Sign DE Zach Allen
Allen fits perfectly as a DE in Lou's 4 man front. Allen has the football intelligence that Lou looks for.
Murphy is the type of physical corner that Lou desires. DBs need to be able to defend the run in Lou's defense.

Pratt played for Lou in Cinci and would be the perfect complement next to Zaven. Pratt would instantly be able to run the Defense for Lou.
* Sign FA CB Eli Apple
Low cost depth at CB. Was a backup who was forced into starting for the Bengals after a rash of injuries to the Bengals Defensive backfield. Lou had Apple playing at his best.

The Cinci defense centered around the stellar play of NT DJ Reader. Carter is a disruptive force that Lou can build his DL around.
Adding another young physical CB to the roster. CB is very deep this year and Banks could be there early in the 2nd

You put a **** ton of thought into that bro, looks nice. Anarumo would know how to use Simmons, in fact it wouldn't take him 2-3 years to figure out where to play any rookie Ossenfort drafts him. Look at the top offenses his Bengals defense has shut down or held in check the last 2 seasons including the playoffs. Bills twice & Chiefs 3, damn near a 4th. I'm just afraid Anarumo ain't getting the job, Bidwill is gonna go with Kafka. I think once Mahomes & Reid endorsed Kafka that was all it took. It's looking more & more like Bidwill doesn't wanna let VJ go & I'm thinking he thinks he could force VJ on Kafka. I could be wrong though. Also, with his investment in Kyler, he wants a HC that will get Kyler to the best version of himself & that sounds like Kafka. Unless Anarumo overwhelmed Bidwill with an OC & plan for Kyler because you know that part was talked about.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
So I would offer Bruce Arians the job first then Vic Fangio second. Out of the other guys that are left I would agree with you that Lou Anurumo would be next.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Anarumo has a defense that shuts down top offenses & Wilks was a ST coach with the Panthers before Bidwill hired him. Still don't understand WTF got in Bidwill's head there to make that hire lol?
Wilks was Assistant Head Coach/DC the year before we hired him and was DBs coach and AHC the years before that.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

* Re-Sign DE Zach Allen

* Sign FA CB Eli Apple

Simmons is a nickelback?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wilks was Assistant Head Coach/DC the year before we hired him and was DBs coach and AHC the years before that.
Wilks was a DC for 1 season & had a ton of talent on that Carolina D. Lou has done what he’s done with no names. You can walk around Glendale this week and ask football fans to name a few players on that Cincy D. Not many could give you 1.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Wilks was a DC for 1 season & had a ton of talent on that Carolina D. Lou has done what he’s done with no names. You can walk around Glendale this week and ask football fans to name a few players on that Cincy D. Not many could give you 1.
Yeah. I dunno. That Carolina Panthers defense had Keuchly, Davis, 38-year old Peppers, and little else.

That’s more talent than Cincy has, but that defense was just fine (11th in DVOA).

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've blocked him out of my mind he was so terrible so I don't really remember what position he coached with them? I thought it was ST coach? Doesn't matter, I can't really see what point you're trying to make by asking the differences between Wilks & Anarumo. Wilks sucks, do you want him back as our coach lol?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's kind of a hipster thing. Obviously, there are a lot of people that like them.
I always liked the band, in fact they we're one of my favorite post grunge bands. Lots of music gurus hyped grunge up & knocked the hair bands when it was fading & grunge was taking over, funny thing is grunge only lasted about 3-4 years before post grunge took over. Hair band music dominated from 83 (Quiet Riot) till 90 (Slaughter).

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
People aren't just their CV's though right? I'm sure there are a lot of differences between them.

But also Anurumo has been a DC for 3 years. Wilks was a 1 year DC.
Wilks defense shut us down in the NFCCG in 2015 but that was 8 years ago lol. Anarumo orchestrated a defense that stops/slows down the current top offenses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA