Sound Of Freedom

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Robert Gehrke: Tim Ballard’s story in the ‘Sound of Freedom’ seems too good to be true — because it isn’t true​

Court records paint a starkly different narrative from the one in the film and that Ballard has repeatedly told publicly.​

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So let's recap. Sound of Freedom makers manipulated the topic, manipulated the real guy depicted, used it to push crazy and now this?

Well...they do say crap rolls down hill.
So, the dude was one of thousands of crowdfund members and rented a house to a woman in a custody dispute.

Overstate things much?

Deadline article has some good detail as well.

“Marta is a landlord to a woman who was involved in a custody dispute with her aunt. Marta was allegedly providing living arrangements to said woman and her child, the former who is involved in rehabbing the rental property.”

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile, the movie has made over $160 million in just domestic box office and is just now going international.

It will first release in South Africa on Aug. 18, followed by Australia and New Zealand on Aug. 24. It ill reach the U.K. and Ireland on Sept. 1 and Spain on Oct. 11. A huge slew of South American territories, including Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Venezuela, will receive the film from Aug. 31.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, the dude was one of thousands of crowdfund members and rented a house to a woman in a custody dispute.

Overstate things much?

Deadline article has some good detail as well.

“Marta is a landlord to a woman who was involved in a custody dispute with her aunt. Marta was allegedly providing living arrangements to said woman and her child, the former who is involved in rehabbing the rental property.”
You left out a bunch of stuff I mentioned. Downplay much?

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because you’re irrational on the topic and there’s no point in debating with you.

I’m not going to attempt to reason you out of a position you arrived at emotionally.
LOL

The whole Sound of Freedom film is based on emotion, not facts. I am presenting facts that contradict the narrative that the QAnon is trying to sell on this propaganda piece.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LOL

The whole Sound of Freedom film is based on emotion, not facts. I am presenting facts that contradict the narrative that the QAnon is trying to sell on this propaganda piece.
Yes, Slate and Vice are calm, reasonable sources. It would be no different from me positing something from Gateway Pundit.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
This Sound of Freedom discussion has helped me weed out and undrstand those who choose to turn a blind eye to a real issue and those who choose to stand up against it and admit there is a real issue not just stateside but globally.

unfortunately for some, politics has forced them to turn their backs on an issue that affects children, sad.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah. You’re making huge assumptions with next to nothing to back it up.
Huh? Catch up Dan. You obviously have not kept up with the entire thread. Outside of the latest incident which more details are came out after that post, I have not said one thing not backed up.

Nice try though.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’re talking about your supposed child kidnapper, try to keep up.
I never called him that. Not once. Stop making crap up. It makes your argument weaker. This thread and my post you quoted was more than about that once incident. Again....you keep up. You also didn't specify which part of my post you were referencing. I was referencing the legal trouble itself. Go ahead point out where I called him a kidnapper. I will wait.

Oh and get out here with that source bait weaksauce argument. So, something doesn't count unless it's your approved sources. How many do you want about them not depicting the subject matter or the character incorrectly?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This Sound of Freedom discussion has helped me weed out and undrstand those who choose to turn a blind eye to a real issue and those who choose to stand up against it and admit there is a real issue not just stateside but globally.

unfortunately for some, politics has forced them to turn their backs on an issue that affects children, sad.
Hey - it's the guy that cares about kids! Haven't heard a peep from you about torturing kids attempting to cross the border. I wonder why that is...

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I never called him that. Not once. Stop making crap up. It makes your argument weaker. This thread and my post you quoted was more than about that once incident. Again....you keep up. You also didn't specify which part of my post you were referencing. I was referencing the legal trouble itself. Go ahead point out where I called him a kidnapper. I will wait.

Oh and get out here with that source bait weaksauce argument. So, something doesn't count unless it's your approved sources. How many do you want about them not depicting the subject matter or the character correctly?

You are correct. He is called a child kidnapper in the article you quoted. I should have quoted that post rather than yours.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You are correct. He is called a child kidnapper in the article you quoted. I should have quoted that post rather than yours.
You have no interest in any of the content of the piece, and only attack the sources. I wonder why that is.

People continuing to push this crap as content neutral is just incredibly gross. It's deliberate ignorance.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You either fell for a clickbait title and didn't read the article or you are sensationalizing what was said. From the start of the article "arrested and charged with accessory to child kidnapping". That's not the same thing as calling him a kidnapper and insulating he actually kidnapped someone. I never assumed more or less than what he was charged for.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You either fell for a clickbait title and didn't read the article or you are sensationalizing what was said. From the start of the article "arrested and charged with accessory to child kidnapping". That's not the same thing as calling him a kidnapper and insulating he actually kidnapped someone. I never assumed more or less than what he was charged for.
Yes - it’s literally the headline of the Newsweek piece.

And it’s a crap article not because of the source but because it fails to provide full detail and context - information that is present in the local news piece as well as the Deadline piece.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

And it’s a crap article not because of the source but because it fails to provide full detail and context - information that is present in the local news piece as well as the Deadline piece.
Your point about the lack of detail is fair but it clearly didn't call him a kidnapper as you suggested and listed what the charge was. That's why I didn't comment on the specifics of the charge. My point was that the stuff surrounding the movie just gets worse.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Full detail and context seem incredibly important in this particular case, no? It's incredible that people would be looking for more digging in on this story, but only on certain details.

Maybe it's the same dissonance that makes people obsess over inflated stories about cabals of kidnappers and completely ignore all the terrible things that happen to kids in actual reality.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL

Most of the rhetoric that you post is on emotion and hyperbole, not facts.

Again, I have not seen the movie, I really don't anticipate seeing it, don't follow QAnon stuff so I can't comment on the merit of the movie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard