Sound Of Freedom

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have no skin in the game either way but couldn’t both sides be working in bad faith? Clearly the right is over buying the same way most authors do to make The NY Times best seller. The left and owners of AMC are also trying to deny people from seeing it by either marking the theater as full or pulling a bunch of AC is broken tricks. I’ve seen at least 20 videos of move theaters where the AC is broken but only in the theater where sound of freedom is playing. I think both sides are doing shady stuff in a pissing contest.

The left does a good job at making too big of a deal of everything which has now driven interest of this movie way higher than it should, while the right thinks everything is a pissing match and care more about pissing off dems than the subject matter of the movie.
Wait you think theaters are purposefully tanking one of their own screens? At a time where they’re fighting for their very existence? Interesting.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Im certainly not on the inside of movies. Never have been. But when I worked at AMC for 3 years as a teenager our GM patently told us that AMC made damn near zero money on ticket sales. That the revenue for the theater itself was on concessions. Seemed funky to me but had no way to disprove it at the time. Was that true back then? Have things changed? Negotiations different? Do you think he was saying to get us to upsale harder and increase his bonuses lol??? I truly don’t know.
Money is money to the theater. Every dollar not spent at it, no matter in what fashion, is lost profit. And ticket sales are the highest margin product at the theater. The movie has already been paid for. The two hours is going to pass forever unreclaimable. Every ticket sale matters. Particularly because without a butt in the seat, there is no concession to be sold.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Still true. Theaters only get about 40% of the box office receipt. After the overhead of the location and showing the film there's little left if profit. The concessions are almost pure profit though. With the bulk they buy in, it's costing them pennies for the $5 coke and $7 popcorn.
I think you guys don’t get the basic business concepts here. If there are no ticket sales, all of the margin from the concessions is used to offset the overhead. But more importantly if there are no ticket sales there’s no one buying concessions. The ticket sales - and actual live audiences - are the single most important sale by the theater. Because with it no other money comes in. Zero. Zippo.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Who exactly are you arguing with here? Can you show me an instance where I supported the film or the studio? I get you’re so biased you are blinded from seeing 2 sides of a coin but how does ranting against someone who isn’t your enemy help you? You know it can be factual that it is bad that the people behind this believe in Q-Anon AND there are people who would enjoy making it hard for people to see this film. The statements are not mutually exclusive.

Just like I can say I hate Tom Cruise and his “religion” of Scientology and what they do to kids and people who leave but Mission Impossible is a great movie. You can point to any Tom Cruise film as promoting Scientology since he is the face of it. Scientology is just as bad as Q-Anon if not worse. People who believe in Q-Anon are just weirdos who believe in conspiracy theories, people who believe in scientology are weirdos who believe in conspiracy theories who also treat people like slaves and may have murdered people.

If you can honestly say to yourself there is a zero percent chance that someone(the singular not the corporation) would mess with a theater to F with the trump loving right then we are too far apart from having a rational conversation. The managers of these theaters are making like no money and are college kids. You think they care if AMC loses money? They are the same kids who bought AMC on robinhood as a meme stock.
Man you’re making some Olympic sized leaps in assumptions. But you’re free to believe this minor conspiracy by college age theater managers who are shutting down AC in single theaters and might incur the anger of their bosses for costing their businesses money and risk getting fired.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Some of the most vocal politicians are Q psychophants. I don’t know how much more a country can be taken over by conspiracy theorists than by having them serve as members of Congress, governors and members of state legislature.

No offense Yuma, but have you missed the last 7 years of our country’s politics?
They didn't vote down Biden's "extreme" budgets! Just ask MTG! :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait you think theaters are purposefully tanking one of their own screens? At a time where they’re fighting for their very existence? Interesting.
Apparently, the conspiracy has now reached the end of Oppenheimer where there must be some child trafficking story we’ve never heard about and the movie theaters want to keep hush hush!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently, the conspiracy has now reached the end of Oppenheimer where there must be some child trafficking story we’ve never heard about and the movie theaters want to keep hush hush!

Newsflash guys… in 1000s of theaters across the country, sometimes there are problems.

The only reason we know about Freedom is because a bunch of conspiracy theorists… are creating another conspiracy… that makes ZERO sense from really any business standpoint.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who exactly are you arguing with here? Can you show me an instance where I supported the film or the studio? I get you’re so biased you are blinded from seeing 2 sides of a coin but how does ranting against someone who isn’t your enemy help you? You know it can be factual that it is bad that the people behind this believe in Q-Anon AND there are people who would enjoy making it hard for people to see this film. The statements are not mutually exclusive.
I understand that, but the reality of the way big business works, makes the conspiracy theory complete lunacy to me.

Or are you now going to tell me there’s also a conspiracy against Oppenheimer too. Afterall, this theater has to shut its screening down for the last 40 minutes!

Just like I can say I hate Tom Cruise and his “religion” of Scientology and what they do to kids and people who leave but Mission Impossible is a great movie. You can point to any Tom Cruise film as promoting Scientology since he is the face of it.
Except Cruise WISELY STOPPED talking about Scientology because it was destroying his brand and people stopped going to the movies.

In addition to that, his movies weren’t IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM aligned with Scientology and their values the way this movie apparently plays totally loose with how child and sex trafficking ACTUALLY happens, pushing a narrative closer to the Q-Nut fever Dream garbage. And here, as opposed to Cruise the last ten years, the faces of this movie are ACTIVELY using the movie to push Q-Anon crap every chance they get.

And even with all that said, I feel like I need a shower after watching Tom Cruise movies because of his connection to Scientology, which I do think is a destructive force. But at the very least, he’s shut the hell up about it and isn’t using his movies to promote world wide harmful conspiracy theories the way the Freedom folks are.
Scientology is just as bad as Q-Anon if not worse. People who believe in Q-Anon are just weirdos who believe in conspiracy theories, people who believe in scientology are weirdos who believe in conspiracy theories who also treat people like slaves and may have murdered people.
Q-Anon crap isn’t harmless. It’s pushing well known anti-Semitic, anti-LGTBQ crap all over the place, helping make the world less safe for those people. Or do you not remember Pizagate? Or the fact that hate crimes are up significantly against the groups Q Nuts propagate their trash about?
If you can honestly say to yourself there is a zero percent chance that someone(the singular not the corporation) would mess with a theater to F with the trump loving right then we are too far apart from having a rational conversation.
Do I think it’s a zero percent chance? No. Do I think it’s BEYOND UNLIKELY and kinda preposterous? Yes.
The managers of these theaters are making like no money and are college kids. You think they care if AMC loses money? They are the same kids who bought AMC on robinhood as a meme stock.
I think most people care if they lose their jobs and sabotaging your own theater to make a political point seems really unlikely.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand that, but the reality of the way big business works, makes the conspiracy theory complete lunacy to me.

Or are you now going to tell me there’s also a conspiracy against Oppenheimer too. Afterall, this theater has to shut its screening down for the last 40 minutes!

Except Cruise WISELY STOPPED talking about Scientology because it was destroying his brand and people stopped going to the movies.

In addition to that, his movies weren’t IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM aligned with Scientology and their values the way this movie apparently plays totally loose with how child and sex trafficking ACTUALLY happens, pushing a narrative closer to the Q-Nut fever Dream garbage. And here, as opposed to Cruise the last ten years, the faces of this movie are ACTIVELY using the movie to push Q-Anon crap every chance they get.

And even with all that said, I feel like I need a shower after watching Tom Cruise movies because of his connection to Scientology, which I do think is a destructive force. But at the very least, he’s shut the hell up about it and isn’t using his movies to promote world wide harmful conspiracy theories the way the Freedom folks are.

Q-Anon crap isn’t harmless. It’s pushing well known anti-Semitic, anti-LGTBQ crap all over the place, helping make the world less safe for those people. Or do you not remember Pizagate? Or the fact that hate crimes are up significantly against the groups Q Nuts propagate their trash about?

Do I think it’s a zero percent chance? No. Do I think it’s BEYOND UNLIKELY and kinda preposterous? Yes.

I think most people care if they lose their jobs and sabotaging your own theater to make a political point seems really unlikely.
My son works in a theater. There A/C has been acting up for weeks. The workers are miserable in the theaters it's impacting but no....it's some grand conspiracy all the employees are playing along with because they are fans of Pete's Schweddy Balls.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son works in a theater. There A/C has been acting up for weeks. The workers are miserable in the theaters it's impacting but no....it's some grand conspiracy all the employees are playing along with because they are fans of Pete's Schweddy Balls.
the hysteria over failed AC... in God only knows how few theaters out of 1000s in the country... in the middle of a heat wave across the country... is laughable.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can I ask @HoodieBets and the anyone pushing the low-level theater employees are purposefully fridging this and sabotaging this movie conspiracy theory?

Explain this… you’ve already targeted solely AMC theaters for doing this, but not at the corporate level. So, are these low level AMC local theater managers/employees secretly banding together with total strangers/fellow local low level theater employees across the country in some kind of Anti-Trump Movie Avengers unit to sabotage this movie because NO OTHER THEATER CHAIN in the country is being accused of this.

Is that what you think is going on or is it also part of the conspiracy theory that it’s just a total coincidence that these are all happening at AMC from their low level employees, willing to put their own jobs at risk… to upset Trump.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So again haven't seen it, no plans to do so anytime soon.

But, the guy the movie is based on, Tim Ballard, left the Underground Railroad organization weeks ago due to "internal emails" that made it too controversial for him to stay. Among the claims were that he intentionally and repeatedly exaggerated the details of rescues of children they did, often when Vice News literally had reporters there to do a story and had in person documented what actually happened was nothing like what Ballard said happened. Multiple people at Vice said they were told by Ballard if they reported what had actually happened was different than what Ballard claimed, it would make it look like they supported child trafficking.

Ballard was also accused of inappropriate actions with multiple women in the org that he founded.

THe early success of the movie was in part based on a marketing campaign in religious circles telling people to "pay it forward" by buying tickets for friends and family so they could see it too. That's also why the phenomenon of no tickets available but empty theaters kept happening, the people who had tickets bought for them often didn't show up.

Ballard has been doing a bunch of media appearances on right wing shows now where he attacks the media and says by questioning the movie they're actively helping pedophiles, all the while refusing to answer questions on why he left the organization he founded.

So there are actual reasons why people are asking questions about the people backing and pushing the movie.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the conspiracy against Oppenheimer continues!!! Oh my lord… there must be low level theater employees all over the country trying to sabotage another huge hit!

OMG… THE STOP OPPENHEIMER CONSPIRACY GETS BIGGER!

Or maybe, just maybe… ish happens at movie theaters and we shouldn’t give more life to Q-Nut conspiracy theorists when they make up every one of their new completely ludicrous conspiracies?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
As usual, it's either:
1 - normal problems that plague theaters all the time
2- a vast conspiracy

I was in Avatar and the movie started over, and then stopped. Obviously those in power didn't want me seeing it, it's the only explanation!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As usual, it's either:
1 - normal problems that plague theaters all the time
2- a vast conspiracy

I was in Avatar and the movie started over, and then stopped. Obviously those in power didn't want me seeing it, it's the only explanation!
I remember the first time I went to see Bram Stoker's Dracula the film melted during a scene. I am sure it was the work of Christians who didn't want me to see the devils servent and his succubus wives which would have rotted my soul.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So again haven't seen it, no plans to do so anytime soon.

But, the guy the movie is based on, Tim Ballard, left the Underground Railroad organization weeks ago due to "internal emails" that made it too controversial for him to stay. Among the claims were that he intentionally and repeatedly exaggerated the details of rescues of children they did, often when Vice News literally had reporters there to do a story and had in person documented what actually happened was nothing like what Ballard said happened. Multiple people at Vice said they were told by Ballard if they reported what had actually happened was different than what Ballard claimed, it would make it look like they supported child trafficking.

Ballard was also accused of inappropriate actions with multiple women in the org that he founded.

THe early success of the movie was in part based on a marketing campaign in religious circles telling people to "pay it forward" by buying tickets for friends and family so they could see it too. That's also why the phenomenon of no tickets available but empty theaters kept happening, the people who had tickets bought for them often didn't show up.

Ballard has been doing a bunch of media appearances on right wing shows now where he attacks the media and says by questioning the movie they're actively helping pedophiles, all the while refusing to answer questions on why he left the organization he founded.

So there are actual reasons why people are asking questions about the people backing and pushing the movie.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Love this so much - it's incredible that people tried to originally place this film as content neutral. It takes a heroic amount of blinders or willful ignorance to push that position.

Hey - surprisingly Trump/Bannon and the whole right wing mob are all over this. Pure coincidence, I'm sure.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Looks like this guy was also related for grifting/scamming related to border wall fundraising

Hard to say his involvement in this movie. I would guess just an every day investor as the production company takes a crowd funding approach.

Definitely seems like he was selling his importance and talking about how great it was to see his name in the credits....... But that is kind of on par for a grifter

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort