Sound Of Freedom

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Most of the rhetoric that you post is on emotion and hyperbole, not facts.
You're going to have to be a bit more specific than this. Are you saying that Jon is being hyperbolic about this film?
Again, I have not seen the movie, I really don't anticipate seeing it, don't follow QAnon stuff so I can't comment on the merit of the movie.
It's cool that you won't do any digging into this story whatsoever, but I'd love your thoughts on supporting a movie that's being pushed hard by Trump/Bannon/the Q community. Seems like that would be worth digging into, no? This whole angle about a vast international kidnapping ring sounds incredibly scary - is it really a thing, or being juiced by people pushing an agenda?

Perhaps without emotion and hyperbole, and hopefully facts?

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're going to have to be a bit more specific than this. Are you saying that Jon is being hyperbolic about this film?
No not in this thread, but many, many posts are based on emotion. So I think it's hypocritical to criticize someone who is also emotional.

It's cool that you won't do any digging into this story whatsoever, but I'd love your thoughts on supporting a movie that's being pushed hard by Trump/Bannon/the Q community. Seems like that would be worth digging into, no? This whole angle about a vast international kidnapping ring sounds incredibly scary - is it really a thing, or being juiced by people pushing an agenda?

Perhaps without emotion and hyperbole, and hopefully facts?
From what I know about this is part of the Right faction loves this movie, and the part of the Left zealots people criticize it. As a result, I have no interest in seeing this. Both sides are acting irrationally.

As far as the child trafficking deal, yes I think it probably does happen, but we'll never know the 100% truth about it so it's dangerous to talk in absolutes.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No not in this thread, but many, many posts are based on emotion. So I think it's hypocritical to criticize someone who is also emotional.

From what I know about this is part of the Right faction loves this movie, and the part of the Left zealots people criticize it. As a result, I have no interest in seeing this. Both sides are acting irrationally.

As far as the child trafficking deal, yes I think it probably does happen, but we'll never know the 100% truth about it so it's dangerous to talk in absolutes.
'Sound of Freedom' Is Surprisingly Popular With Democrats

According to new a new poll conducted by Redfield & Wilton Strategies, provided to Newsweek, 59 percent of Democratic voters have a "favorable" or "very favorable" opinion of Sound of Freedom, while only 10 percent think of it unfavorably.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

It's a sports website with areas for Politics, movies and television. Tell me, when are you NOT emotional when making posts. That is antithesis to what a message board is. Sure, there is venting, but saying (for example) that I don't have the right to criticize someone for something just because I, say, get emotional when talking about Kevin Durant's knee issues is ridiculous.

Everything should be taken on its own merits. Because Jon gets emotional in threads about his WAY OF LIFE being attacked, that means he has no right to criticize anyone on threads that are on a different subject? Emotional or not, that is ludicrous.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Love that right is a faction and the left are zealots.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love that right is a faction and the left are zealots.
Lol. they should be interchangeable. Maybe I should have said Right soldiers as they march in the orders given to them.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a sports website with areas for Politics, movies and television. Tell me, when are you NOT emotional when making posts. That is antithesis to what a message board is. Sure, there is venting, but saying (for example) that I don't have the right to criticize someone for something just because I, say, get emotional when talking about Kevin Durant's knee issues is ridiculous.

Everything should be taken on its own merits. Because Jon gets emotional in threads about his WAY OF LIFE being attacked, that means he has no right to criticize anyone on threads that are on a different subject? Emotional or not, that is ludicrous.
You didn't read what I posted apparently. I have no problem with people being emotional. But for them to have a monopoly on being emotional is hypocritical.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good article about the award-winning writer/director's thoughts on the controversies that have come out regarding his film. Nice to see things from his perspective.

'Sound of Freedom' director Alejandro Monteverde addresses controversies: 'Breaks my heart'​

For "Sound of Freedom" writer and director Alejandro Monteverde, it is the best of times in the most disruptive of times.

His $14.5 million independent film that languished for four years without distribution has turned into the surprise hit of summer: The movie has raked in $173 million at the North American box office since July 4, improbably ahead of Tom Cruise's "Mission: Impossible − Dead Reckoning Part One" ($160 million).

Yet the thriller, which is based on a true story and features "The Passion of the Christ" star Jim Caviezel as Tim Ballard, who went from U.S. Department of Homeland Security agent to anti-child sex trafficking crusader, has become a lightning rod for criticism and a contentious political football.

"The movie has become a circus on the political spectrum," says Monteverde.

As "Sound of Freedom" continues its stunning theatrical run in more than 2,800 theaters, the Mexican film director, whose 2006 film "Bella" won the People's Choice Award at Toronto Film Festival, is addressing the controversies swirling around his movie.

"It breaks my heart that this movie is − in any way, shape or form − part of a controversy. It shouldn't be," says Monteverde, who is married to model and actress Ali Landry.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good article about the award-winning writer/director's thoughts on the controversies that have come out regarding his film. Nice to see things from his perspective.

'Sound of Freedom' director Alejandro Monteverde addresses controversies: 'Breaks my heart'​

For "Sound of Freedom" writer and director Alejandro Monteverde, it is the best of times in the most disruptive of times.

His $14.5 million independent film that languished for four years without distribution has turned into the surprise hit of summer: The movie has raked in $173 million at the North American box office since July 4, improbably ahead of Tom Cruise's "Mission: Impossible − Dead Reckoning Part One" ($160 million).

Yet the thriller, which is based on a true story and features "The Passion of the Christ" star Jim Caviezel as Tim Ballard, who went from U.S. Department of Homeland Security agent to anti-child sex trafficking crusader, has become a lightning rod for criticism and a contentious political football.
"The movie has become a circus on the political spectrum," says Monteverde.

As "Sound of Freedom" continues its stunning theatrical run in more than 2,800 theaters, the Mexican film director, whose 2006 film "Bella" won the People's Choice Award at Toronto Film Festival, is addressing the controversies swirling around his movie.

"It breaks my heart that this movie is − in any way, shape or form − part of a controversy. It shouldn't be," says Monteverde, who is married to model and actress Ali Landry.

I can believe the director wasn't looking for any of the surrounding controversy while also believing that other groups, some with close ties to the production, are using the film to advance their own political agenda without the director's blessing.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can believe the director wasn't looking for any of the surrounding controversy while also believing that other groups, some with close ties to the production, are using the film to advance their own political agenda without the director's blessing.
Yeah, he's even more outspoken in a Variety interview.

‘Sound of Freedom’ Director Says QAnon Criticisms Made Him ‘Sick’​

Monteverde said he has now chosen to distance himself from both Caviezel and Ballard, who have been outspoken about their right-wing politics and even attended a Sound of Freedom screening hosted by Donald Trump.

“There’s people that are too close to the film that are in politics,” he said of Caviezel and Ballard. “So it’s like, I love you, but I have to keep my distance.”

“All I wanted [to do with the film] was to present a question about the problem: human trafficking, child trafficking, child sexual exploitation,” he added to Variety. “How bad the problem is. We shot in 2018. In 2019, it was a completely finished film [before QAnon became a phenomenon].”

Since being released on July 4, Sound of Freedom has pulled in an impressive $173 million at the box office in the U.S. and Canada.

---------------------------------------

Here's the link to the Variety interview itself:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, he's even more outspoken in a Variety interview.

‘Sound of Freedom’ Director Says QAnon Criticisms Made Him ‘Sick’​

Monteverde said he has now chosen to distance himself from both Caviezel and Ballard, who have been outspoken about their right-wing politics and even attended a Sound of Freedom screening hosted by Donald Trump.

“There’s people that are too close to the film that are in politics,” he said of Caviezel and Ballard. “So it’s like, I love you, but I have to keep my distance.”

“All I wanted [to do with the film] was to present a question about the problem: human trafficking, child trafficking, child sexual exploitation,” he added to Variety. “How bad the problem is. We shot in 2018. In 2019, it was a completely finished film [before QAnon became a phenomenon].”

Since being released on July 4, Sound of Freedom has pulled in an impressive $173 million at the box office in the U.S. and Canada.

---------------------------------------

Here's the link to the Variety interview irself:

Poor guy...got used by a bunch of freaks and now he's tied to the Q cult whether he wants to or not.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was my feeling after seeing the film - it barely referenced faith and did not feel like a faith-based film at all.

(From the Variety interview)

Monteverde bristles at the faith-based label, noting that there are only a couple of brief references to religion in the film.

“I believe labels such as ‘faith-based’ exclude people, and my intention as a filmmaker is never to exclude but to include everyone, all audiences. We made ‘Sound of Freedom’ for people of faith, people without faith and everyone in between,” he adds.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This was my feeling after seeing the film - it barely referenced faith and did not feel like a faith-based film at all.

(From the Variety interview)

Monteverde bristles at the faith-based label, noting that there are only a couple of brief references to religion in the film.

“I believe labels such as ‘faith-based’ exclude people, and my intention as a filmmaker is never to exclude but to include everyone, all audiences. We made ‘Sound of Freedom’ for people of faith, people without faith and everyone in between,” he adds.
Eh it's a movie that appeals to Qanon types based on a fraud of a man on a story that's not true. Pass.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Both sides are acting irrationally.
Both sides, huh?

You'll be shocked to hear this, but turns out that Ballard (like many of these alleged saviors) is a total piece of crap!

“Several weeks ago, an OUR employee who accompanied Tim on an undercover operation filed a sexual harassment complaint against him with OUR’s HR department,” the letter, which was sent this summer to donors to anti-trafficking causes, reads. “This resulted in an extensive internal investigation into Tim and his individual operational tactics and led to more women speaking up as part of the investigation process.

“It was ultimately revealed through disturbingly specific and parallel accounts, that Tim has been deceitfully and extensively grooming and manipulating multiple women for the past few years with the ultimate intent of coercing them to participate in sexual acts with him, under the premise of going where it takes and doing ‘whatever it takes’ to save a child.”

The stink around this one was overwhelming, yet you had multiple board members bending over backwards to present it as neutral content.

Incredibly embarrassing stuff, if people still feel shame.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good lord… the EP is apparently caught on tape, groping the breast of one of the trafficking victims.

Holy crap. This is exactly why my initial response above was that who is making the film, what they stand for and what they are enabling matters. I couldn't judge the contents of the film, but I knew the audience they were catering to and now we know more about the subject matter person and the Producer. WOW.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Producers/funders/subject all involved. They all want to just help the children, right? Sickening frauds and predators.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus… the entire Vice story is grotesque, right down to the “child trafficking hero” joking about feeling 16 year old breasts.

Glad y’all dumped your money, lining the pockets of Q-Nuts, sexual harassers, child kidnappers and finally, the cherry on top of this ish-Sunday of people… pedofiles!

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

I'm sure all the anti-groomer people on the board will be all over this one! Using an anti-abuse platform to abuse is about the sickest behavior around.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm sure all the anti-groomer people on the board will be all over this one! Using an anti-abuse platform to abuse is about the sickest behavior around.
this was all known before the film came out. Tried to bite my tongue on this, but while people's intentions were good, supporting the film was supporting a grifting, lying sexual predator.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So interesting that those on the right, who belittled everyone here who rightfully cautioned against supporting this movie, haven’t said a peep about all of this crap lately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard