So Far, So Good

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's fake news that there isn't a bunch of players who can help the Cardinals after the draft.
There are, especially front seven where we need obviously
Offensive line not too much that's why i would try to see if we can trade for a veteran with a future pick

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are, especially front seven where we need obviously
Offensive line not too much that's why i would try to see if we can trade for a veteran with a future pick

Keim sees the line set this year

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Great analysis and I agree with most of it. I do question the “Brown will be far more productive than Kirk” take though, mainly because all of the weapons we have on offense and everyone getting their fair share. I think that Brown will be as productive or slightly more so than Kirk, which would be on par with the past history of both players. But, I think that Brown will replicate/slightly exceed his numbers last year in Baltimore while being much more efficient in doing so - given he won’t be as big a focal point in the offense.

I read an article saying that Brown’s number of pass attempts of 20+ yards last year was 61, off which he caught 16 and had 4 drops. This indicates Lamar wasn’t very accurate getting him the ball downfield. I think Brown could easily end up with 16 or more of those 20+ yard catches, but do so on far less than 61 attempts. His ability to take the top off the defense and hit home runs will be a big addition to our offense, as well.
The main difference between Brown and Kirk is that Brown is also a big play, hence a score, waiting to happen. Kirk was lauded in the draft as being a terror once he got the ball in his hands with RAC yards but seldom did he ever show he could do that on the pro level... if I had a choice of WRs, I would take Brown over Kirk all day for what we run

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pretty good draft IMO. BUT, it will be 3 years down the line to really tell the tale, also IMO.

Like the trade and like the draft overall.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well...from what I've seen, most of the board is pretty damn positive about this draft overall.

None of the players drafted are bad players. Maybe fit and position can be argued, but I see a path going forward.
Once we traded for Hollywood and drafted McBride (which was a surprise, but I like the move) they did close to what I wanted:

Back-to-back edge/DE or IOL in third (they could’ve done either and I would’ve been good) - so Thomas/sanders met that.

Flood the 6th and 7th with whatever we did NOT do in third (so edge/DE or IOL) - they did it to a lesser extent with taking two OGs.

Really unsure about the others drafted. The CB seems a good size/speed prospect, so why not roll the dice? The USC RB and PSU LB seem pretty pedestrian (and the RB seems to have similar running style of Conner).

But overall pleased with the shots we took. I’ll be ecstatic if we finally have a stud young TE. Been pining for that for decades.