So Far, So Good

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well...from what I've seen, most of the board is pretty damn positive about this draft overall.

None of the players drafted are bad players. Maybe fit and position can be argued, but I see a path going forward.
Once we traded for Hollywood and drafted McBride (which was a surprise, but I like the move) they did close to what I wanted:

Back-to-back edge/DE or IOL in third (they could’ve done either and I would’ve been good) - so Thomas/sanders met that.

Flood the 6th and 7th with whatever we did NOT do in third (so edge/DE or IOL) - they did it to a lesser extent with taking two OGs.

Really unsure about the others drafted. The CB seems a good size/speed prospect, so why not roll the dice? The USC RB and PSU LB seem pretty pedestrian (and the RB seems to have similar running style of Conner).

But overall pleased with the shots we took. I’ll be ecstatic if we finally have a stud young TE. Been pining for that for decades.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Once we traded for Hollywood and drafted McBride (which was a surprise, but I like the move) they did close to what I wanted:
Agree. I was initially shocked at taking McBride, but once I realized what it potentially meant, I was excited. If the Cardinals finally have a TE, holy cow, I'll be stoked about this draft from that alone.

Hollywood filling Kirk's role?!? I liked Kirk but I could see Hollywood making more big plays in that role.
Back-to-back edge/DE or IOL in third (they could’ve done either and I would’ve been good) - so Thomas/sanders met that.
Both were players I had considered when I looked at the Cardinals. Now I was bigger on Mafe and Ebiketie, but Thomas plays his butt off and if he can successfully transition to OLB, the Cardinals could have a Ryan Kerrigan type.

Not as excited about Sanders, but he has had his moments and could develop.
Flood the 6th and 7th with whatever we did NOT do in third (so edge/DE or IOL) - they did it to a lesser extent with taking two OGs.
Lecitus was one of those guys I often took in the mid rounds..but Hayes wasn't because he was always long gone. I think both have traits and especially Lecitus, have played a lot of college football at big schools.

Really unsure about the others drafted. The CB seems a good size/speed prospect, so why not roll the dice? The USC RB and PSU LB seem pretty pedestrian (and the RB seems to have similar running style of Conner).
I'm meh on the corner. Nice athletic traits but from a small school and a bit older.

I like Ingram. I prefer bigger backs and he checks that box.
But overall pleased with the shots we took. I’ll be ecstatic if we finally have a stud young TE. Been pining for that for decades.
Agree. Overall pleased.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

The only knock I have on the USC choice is that his pass pro seems to leave a lot to be desired but hopefully adapting to a pro system and some coaching can fix that (and most backs have to adjust to that anyways). Unfortunately for running backs, they are fodder for the proverbial cannon but I like he comes from a known respective university and has great size to carry the load if need be to spell a superior back in Conner

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose