• WR

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

JD Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
I like Coleman and Powers-Johnson. Would love a trade up and snag both.
I understand we need a CB as well but I want an Oline that gets after it and Fitz/Boldin part 2.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Nick Saban has always been a man coverage guy but this year played mostly zone. Is that because his corners weren't good at man coverage?
DeJean seems like a Gannon type of player. Rakestraw might be the best CB left on board. The Center from WVU is a tough dude an athletic. I think he's in the mix.

I think I'd go Mitchell and give Murray another target.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
One thing to remember is that we play zone more than any other team in the NFL.

Just like I should be thinking scheme with Robinson, the same with any corner.

But to argue against myself did we play so much zone because our corners sucked last year?

That was probably because our corners were awful tho right? Did the 2022 Eagles primarily play zone?

Why McKinstry over DeJean?

DeJean is taller, bigger, faster and kicked McKinstry's ass in athletic testing. I think DeJean is the better player.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Great instincts. Complete football player.

There are a bunch of players left who grade out pretty close. If I'm the Cardinals I trade back a few spots to get more ammo to move back up into the mid second with one of my early Third round picks. I want to end up with two picks in the top 50 today.

I don’t think you’re getting more than 5th round picks to move back, and that’s where the talent in this draft is likely to dry up.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
My surprise pick is Payton Wilson.

He's a bit older and has had injury concerns, but he is a super athletic linebacker who makes plays as run defender, pass rusher, and in coverage.

He was the ACC player of the year, Chuck Bednarik and Dick Butkus Award winner. Super fast, super aggressive, seek and destroy kind of LB.
Sing me up

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think you’re getting more than 5th round picks to move back, and that’s where the talent in this draft is likely to dry up.

I'm saying to move back a few spots and use that ammo to move up in to the second with the the Cardinals first 3rd round pick.

So say the Cardinals trade #35 to GB for the #41 and #126

Then the Cardinals move back up into the second with say Philly at #50 by trading the Cards #66, #104 and the extra pick gained from GB #126.

That would give the Cards two picks in the 2nd #41 and #50 and they would still have two picks in the 3rd.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That was probably because our corners were awful tho right? Did the 2022 Eagles primarily play zone?
They did. That's something the Fangio defense uses, and Gannon's defense is born from his scheme.
Great instincts. Complete football player.

Agree that moving back for "moar picks" is folly at this point. The place to do that would have been at #27 and even then, the Cardinals already have enough picks.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm saying to move back a few spots and use that ammo to move up in to the second with the the Cardinals first 3rd round pick.

So say the Cardinals trade #35 to GB for the #41 and #126

Then the Cardinals move back up into the second with say Philly at #50 by trading the Cards #66, #104 and the extra pick gained from GB #126.

That would give the Cards two picks in the 2nd #41 and #50 and they would still have two picks in the 3rd.
Quality over quantity

Interesting

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think Kool Aid could be a poor man's Patrick Peterson, and DeJean could be a poor man's Honey Badger in the NFL. I think Kool Aid fills the bigger need we have right now.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
One thing to remember is that we play zone more than any other team in the NFL.

Just like I should be thinking scheme with Robinson, the same with any corner.

But to argue against myself did we play so much zone because our corners sucked last year?
No, Gannon prefers zone.

Maybe that's a good argument for DeJean with his really good ball skills?

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
They did. That's something the Fangio defense uses, and Gannon's defense is born from his scheme.

Agree that moving back for "moar picks" is folly at this point. The place to do that would have been at #27 and even then, the Cardinals already have enough picks.
The only reason to move back would be to acquire 2025 picks. 2025 should be a better draft for defense. Ohio State returns 10 of 11 starters on defense this year. Some of those, e.g. Denzel Burke, are elite.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We need a LG as well - I could see us taking someone like Kiran Amegadjie and playing him there (played one season at LG).

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Rick Spielman, ex Vikings GM did a first 10 mock for round two on "With the First Pick". He has Buffalo taking Adonai Mitchell at 33, New England grabbing Ladd McConkey at 34. The Cardinals 'no brainer' pick is Cooper DeJean. Called him a versatile Swiss army knife who also adds value as a potential punt returner.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rick Spielman, ex Vikings GM did a first 10 mock for round two on "With the First Pick". He has Buffalo taking Adonai Mitchell at 33, New England grabbing Ladd McConkey at 34. The Cardinals 'no brainer' pick is Cooper DeJean. Called him a versatile Swiss army knife who also adds value as a potential punt returner.
Yeah, I could certainly see it going that way.

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm against taking a CB early, but Kool-Aid might be the best player.

What is in Newton's medical?

Listening today that JPJ tanked a lot of his team visit. If that's the case I'm out on O-Line in the 2nd.

Fiske is intriguing as well but double dipping at the position might be too early.

This WR class has so much talent. I think we can wait till the 3rd.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm really leaning DeJean, but my fan philosophy is to be open-minded. The more you know, the more.you understand how little you know.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn