Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wrong

That’s when a player has the most leverage. There have been a ton of cases in sports where a player has made it known he’s not going to play for a team if they draft him
Oh please. He is not going to sit out his rookie season, and get a bad rep right at the start of his career. Denying a workout is basically the only thing they can do, but big whoop, you should not base your draft off of one individual workout anyway.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh please. He is not going to sit out his rookie season, and get a bad rep right at the start of his career. Denying a workout is basically the only thing they can do, but big whoop, you should not base your draft off of one individual workout anyway.
And you'd have to be very secure in your position to draft someone that you didn't get to interview that has made it plain he only wants to play for the Kings. That's how Steve Francis and Kobe Bryant ended up where they did, they refused to play for teams that were in line to pick them.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you'd have to be very secure in your position to draft someone that you didn't get to interview that has made it plain he only wants to play for the Kings. That's how Steve Francis and Kobe Bryant ended up where they did, they refused to play for teams that were in line to pick them.

I wonder if some of those teams deeply regret passing on Kobe Bryant. If nothing else I'm sure a trade would have made it worthwhile. I'm not overly familiar with Francis since he was drafted #2.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In retrospect do you think it was worth the risk to have taken him, or would you rather have still drafted Jalen Smith?

Because to me they have both worked out about exactly how I expected to so far.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In retrospect do you think it was worth the risk to have taken him, or would you rather have still drafted Jalen Smith?

Because to me they have both worked out about exactly how I expected to so far.

The Suns actually did draft a player in the first round who refused to play for them. They drafted Jayson Williams number 21 in the 1990 draft. They later traded him for another first round pick.

The Suns could have likely done the same with Haliburton if they were conflicted on who to draft and he refused to play for them.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Kings now have one respectable three point shooter on their entire roster (Barnes) and zero players considered to be plus defenders. If they play Sabonis at PF they will have 2 bigs planted in the paint with wings and guards who do best going to the rim.

This should go swimmingly for them.

They've gotta be the dumbest franchise in the league.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The Kings now have one respectable three point shooter on their entire roster (Barnes) and zero players considered to be plus defenders. If they play Sabonis at PF they will have 2 bigs planted in the paint with wings and guards who do best going to the rim.

This should go swimmingly for them.

They've gotta be the dumbest franchise in the league.
I mean, the results speak for themselves.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The trade makes the Pacers better for sure. I was down on Heild early in his career but his numbers the last couple of years have been nice, then add a solid pg to the mix.

Either the kings are dumb (most likely) or they’re going to make more moves with I don’t what other assets because they have away two huge ones

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sabonis seems like a natural fit in Sacramento considering their history and success with Euro bigs.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems like the majority of fans want a move. If the Suns don't win a title? This board is going to light up about them not doing anything after the season.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Seems like the majority of fans want a move. If the Suns don't win a title? This board is going to light up about them not doing anything after the season.

I’m sure we can look back to the Barkley/Nash eras and think a 25% upgrade at <insert spot> might’ve changed something. I don’t want to look back at the CP3 era the same way. The Suns have had maybe 7-8 seasons where there was a championship window.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure we can look back to the Barkley/Nash eras and think a 25% upgrade at <insert spot> might’ve changed something. I don’t want to look back at the CP3 era the same way. The Suns have had maybe 7-8 seasons where there was a championship window.
If the Suns make a move and did everything they could and left everything out on the floor I am not sure how much fans could complain. I think it was ouchie that said it but leave all your chips on the table. Don't leave a doubt.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's a double edged sword. You swing a big move while you have the best record in the league and if you come anywhere short of the title this board and everywhere else will rip the Suns for screwing with something that was clearly working.

I am all for bringing in another guard but I don't think we should consider trading any of our top 8 guys away.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a double edged sword. You swing a big move while you have the best record in the league and if you come anywhere short of the title this board and everywhere else will rip the Suns for screwing with something that was clearly working.

I am all for bringing in another guard but I don't think we should consider trading any of our top 8 guys away.
Yep. Not what I am suggesting at all. Nobody said anything about swinging big and trading away your core. I don't see very many people suggesting we trade away our core. We have a couple guys and a pick we can move. I think the fans can appreciate making a move vs standing pat when you have not won a title yet.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns players, coaches and GM have a bond with each other. I understand that and I like it but championship windows are too narrow to ignore an area of weakness.

I'm certainly not wanting any large moves by the Suns but to ignore an area of weakness is to ignore reality. Another guard or forward to shore up an area of vulnerability shouldn't be too much to ask. I'm only looking at tweaks to add depth. We saw how important that was when Saric went down last season.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the player refuses to sign with the team that drafts them they have to sit out a season. There are not too many picks in the top 10 that will do that because of lost salary.

I’m aware

So has a player told teams in the past they don’t want to be drafted by them and won’t play if they are? Exactly

Thank you.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JJ should of learned last year

It’s clear as day we need another ball handler/shooter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member