Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Poor sabonis.

The Kings dumping both their good guards is confusing. Maybe they think the competition with Halliburton broke Fox.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that is their plan, it's a bad plan.

Good free agents are very hard to find, and Dame hasn't got much time left in his prime.

The Trail Blazers are good at finding talent but not as good at putting it together.

I don't think the fans would allow them to trade Lillard without a huge uproar.

Could it be the Trail Blazers may come after Ayton? They like their big men in Portland.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The Trail Blazers are good at finding talent but not as good at putting it together.

I don't think the fans would allow them to trade Lillard without a huge uproar.

Could it be the Trail Blazers may come after Ayton? They like their big men in Portland.
What could they possibly offer that we'd want?

Anything other than a fat extension for Ayton is a huge mistake.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. That is a strange trade.

But, I am kind of glad Sabonis is off the market.

The Kings have two stars now in Sabonis and Fox. Sabonis will likely play PF beside Holmes?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Poor sabonis.

The Kings dumping both their good guards is confusing. Maybe they think the competition with Halliburton broke Fox.
They aren't going to dump Fox now.

Fox was playing like a stud 2 years ago, will be interesting to see if he can get back there.

I think they found out Halliburton's trade value was much higher, but I have a feeling internally the Kings valued them about equally. I think that's why they ended up sticking with Fox.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What could they possibly offer that we'd want?

Anything other than a fat extension for Ayton is a huge mistake.

They don't have to offer anything other than money but they can give Ayton an early opt out.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Kings have two stars now in Sabonis and Fox. Sabonis will likely play PF beside Holmes?
Ok, but they didn't really improve their team, at least in my opinion.

Feels like Portland, Indiana, and Sacramento are just making changes to make changes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, but they didn't really improve their team, at least in my opinion.

Feels like Portland, Indiana, and Sacramento are just making changes to make changes.

At least the Kings got a star in return and maybe Haliburton turns into a star in Indiana.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At least the Kings got a star in return and maybe Haliburton turns into a star in Indiana.
Personally I value Halliburton a tiny bit higher than Sabonis so I don't really see that Kings accomplished much other than rebalencing their roster by getting rid of one of their starting level PG's.

Sabonis lack of defense as a center is a big problem.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Personally I value Halliburton a tiny bit higher than Sabonis so I don't really see that Kings accomplished much other than rebalencing their roster by getting rid of one of their starting level PG's.

Yeah, if Fox doesn’t turn things around then I think the Kings just got worse.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Kings still have Holmes so Sabonis at power forward would make them tough upfront.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Kings had three quality point guards so I think moving one was in order.

Just think if the Suns had drafted Haliburton, Sabonis might have been a Sun and they keep their core.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Kings had three quality point guards so I think moving one was in order.

Just think if the Suns had drafted Haliburton, Sabonis might have been a Sun and they keep their core.
I don't think so, I think we would have our CP3 replacement and our sixth man in Halliburton.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I absolutely feel we need another option at guard.
I see that, but I also don’t think this is a situation like several years ago with the Dodgers lapping the DBacks because the team did nothing at the deadline. The Suns have the pieces in place to win the title, even with the guard situation as it is

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Kings still have Holmes so Sabonis at power forward would make them tough upfront.

That seems like a lesser version of the Turner/Sabonis combo, which wasn’t exactly working in Indy.

If Sabonis doesn’t improve from three then he needs to play center, IMO.

With Hield and Haliburton gone that Kings team is going to build a lot of brick houses.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, this is why bad organizations remain bad. The Kings haven’t made the playoffs in 16 years. Haliburton should’ve been a top 5 pick last year. He’s putting up great numbers, is a bigger guard than Fox but you trade him….this makes no sense. Sabonis can’t play D, Fox has lost his outside touch and I know Buddy is hot and cold but I’d Justin Holiday an upgrade? This is a dumb trade. So Fox can’t shoot, Davion Mitchell is struggling with his shot, but you trade your most versatile guard….unbelievable

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sabonis can't shoot the 3 well enough, nor is he really quick enough to play the 4 against a lot of players. I really think his best position in the NBA is center.

Well he doesn't really fit either 4 or 5 very well actually, which is what makes his stat padding very misleading.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think so, I think we would have our CP3 replacement and our sixth man in Halliburton.

Either way, the Suns win if they draft Haliburton and he was there for the taking. It was a mistake that is likely to haunt the Suns.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Taking smith over Halliburton was doo doo
I was literally throwing a hissy fit in the draft thread when it was happening. Was the most obvious goof I can remember in the draft.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sabonis can't shoot the 3 well enough, nor is he really quick enough to play the 4 against a lot of players. I really think his best position in the NBA is center.

Well he doesn't really fit either 4 or 5 very well actually, which is what makes his stat padding very misleading.

Regardless the Kings have two stars in Fox and Sabonis. I think this is a move they needed to make.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was literally throwing a hissy fit in the draft thread when it was happening. Was the most obvious goof I can remember in the draft.

I think everyone on the forum had decided Haliburton was the right choice at #10.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems like a lesser version of the Turner/Sabonis combo, which wasn’t exactly working in Indy.

If Sabonis doesn’t improve from three then he needs to play center, IMO.

With Hield and Haliburton gone that Kings team is going to build a lot of brick houses.

IMO, it's more about the Kings getting another star than where he plays. They may not be done.

It seems like a fair return for Haliburton.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO, it's more about the Kings getting another star than where he plays. They may not be done.

It seems like a fair return for Haliburton.

I don’t think I’d call Fox a star right now, Halliburton has been a significantly better player this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose