Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Fox is basically pre-CP3 Booker. Technically he’s a “star” but needs to prove himself in meaningful games.

I like Sabonis but this makes the Kings slightly worse.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think I’d call Fox a star right now, Halliburton has been a significantly better player this year.

I think it's all about how the Kings view the trade. They still have two point guards they really like and add Sabonis to the mix.

Kings are looking towards the future.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More about the Kings-Pacers trade.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wasn't there a rumor that Halliburton refused to workout for specific teams and us drafting him would've been a moot point, since he didn't want to play here?

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Some buzz circulating (again) about us trading away Smith + Dario + 2nd rd pick for Thaddeus Young. Not sure why we would do that since Young will most likely get waived anyway.

Terrible trade if it goes through, but I'm all about planting "goodwill" with another team's FO (does that even exist?) if it means we can poach Dejounte Murray from the Spurs down the line as our CP3 eventual replacement. One can dream...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some buzz circulating (again) about us trading away Smith + Dario + 2nd rd pick for Thaddeus Young. Not sure why we would do that since Young will most likely get waived anyway.

Terrible trade if it goes through, but I'm all about planting "goodwill" with another team's FO (does that even exist?) if it means we can poach Dejounte Murray from the Spurs down the line as our CP3 eventual replacement. One can dream...

Anything can happen but until I hear it from Shams Charania or Adrian Wojnarowski (perhaps a few others in the media) I wouldn't give it much weight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Myles Turner may indeed be a happy man.

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I heard that but I couldn't substantiate it.

Here’s an article about this very thing….there’s a bit of irony to the story. He WANTED to be in Sacramento. Well he got his wish and now he’s out. His agents said none of the top 10 teams intrigued him….Him and Book as our backcourt after CP3 my goodness lol.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here’s an article about this very thing….there’s a bit of irony to the story. He WANTED to be in Sacramento. Well he got his wish and now he’s out. His agents said none of the top 10 teams intrigued him….Him and Book as our backcourt after CP3 my goodness lol.

And the Celtics picked Jayson Tatum because Josh Jackson wouldn't work out for them. There is always a story.

Draft BPA and go with it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wasn't there a rumor that Halliburton refused to workout for specific teams and us drafting him would've been a moot point, since he didn't want to play here?
That's BS. As a rookie he has no power. He has to play for the team that drafts him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That's awful.

But it might happen, because it allows us to dump Saric's contract for next year.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard that but I couldn't substantiate it.
I heard it during the draft or maybe just before the broadcast and more than one reporter (legit, not the made up kind) verified it after the draft. I even quoted Woj or someone like that when the board discussed this earlier. The consensus here was basically "who cares we should have drafted him anyway". Hard to say that's wrong but it kept other teams away too such as the Spurs whose fans went ballistic when they didn't take him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's awful.

But it might happen, because it allows us to dump Saric's contract for next year.
To be honest, if dumping his salary means it gives the Suns a little more flexible with money, allowing them to sign Ayton and Cam to extensions, it could be worth it.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's too much for Thad Young but they've come down from wanting Cam J in that trade.
I'm inclined to say F the Spurs for asking. We don't need a player just for the sake of getting a player.
Find someone that fits in in a position that we actually need.
Every player on our bench including Shame T has better numbers than Young.
To hell with Young 6pts and 3 rebounds a game is not worth trading anything for.
Hell Bizmak is twice the player he is.

And since I posted this you know that means its happening.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sick of hearing “the suns should have drafted Halliburton”.

We didn’t, so move on. We all know we should have but we didn’t. So enough of rehashing that draft.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sick of hearing “the suns should have drafted Halliburton”.

We didn’t, so move on. We all know we should have but we didn’t. So enough of rehashing that draft.
We would have drafted him never played him and when we did it would be at Center, and everyone would be here saying "We should have drafted Stix".

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Sabonis can't shoot the 3 well enough, nor is he really quick enough to play the 4 against a lot of players. I really think his best position in the NBA is center.

Well he doesn't really fit either 4 or 5 very well actually, which is what makes his stat padding very misleading.
Watching guys like Vucevic and Sabonis make me even happier that we have Ayton.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard it during the draft or maybe just before the broadcast and more than one reporter (legit, not the made up kind) verified it after the draft. I even quoted Woj or someone like that when the board discussed this earlier. The consensus here was basically "who cares we should have drafted him anyway". Hard to say that's wrong but it kept other teams away too such as the Spurs whose fans went ballistic when they didn't take him.

It's not a new discussion for sure. We can add Josh Jackson and Karl Malone to the story.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's BS. As a rookie he has no power. He has to play for the team that drafts him.

Wrong

That’s when a player has the most leverage. There have been a ton of cases in sports where a player has made it known he’s not going to play for a team if they draft him

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, the Suns are not shopping Deandre Ayton. Nothing to really indicate they were.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's too much for Thad Young but they've come down from wanting Cam J in that trade.
I'm inclined to say F the Spurs for asking. We don't need a player just for the sake of getting a player.
Find someone that fits in in a position that we actually need.
Every player on our bench including Shame T has better numbers than Young.
To hell with Young 6pts and 3 rebounds a game is not worth trading anything for.
Hell Bizmak is twice the player he is.

And since I posted this you know that means its happening.
Well, if the Suns primary concern is dumping Saric's salary the deal makes sense, because there aren't that many expiring salaries available.

If their goal is to improve the team, it doesn't make sense, because I don't think Thad Young will even get on the court unless there is an injury.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrong

That’s when a player has the most leverage. There have been a ton of cases in sports where a player has made it known he’s not going to play for a team if they draft him

If the player refuses to sign with the team that drafts them they have to sit out a season. There are not too many picks in the top 10 that will do that because of lost salary.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Maybe some red flags from Hali.

First he demanded to only play for certain teams.

Certain team drafts him.

Second, Certain team moves on from him.

Maybe the guy is toxic.