Should Zach Ertz be used more like Kelce and Andrews

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
We do go to him, but he seems so reliable to me I can't help but wonder if he shouldn't be relied on a lot more. It is hard to make any suggestion or assumption when all of our weapons have missed so many games this year. But if and when we do get everyone healthy, even if it is next year, I can't see any team keying on Ertz when we have so many good WRs to worry about. I just see him being the real stud in our offense if KK would study and incorporate a strategy more like the Chiefs and Ravens.

Am I missing something? Is he too old or is he not going to be a Cardinal after this year?

A Secondary Thought: Missing so much of our passing attack all season, never having everyone healthy, together, and coordinated, then throwing in our weak OL, it seems one could make the case that Kyler has carried this team all year. Maybe we should ease up on him and give him credit for what he has done, rather than what he hasn't. Just look at Brady this season when he has no OL and injuries to key players he relies on. Not to mention Rogers with the Packers WR woes. It is hard to QB when either your OL or WR corps are decimated, not to mention when both are like Kyler's has been each game this year.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Too slow.. does not get near the separation and absolutely terrible after the catch. Great hands though.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He seems to run his routes short of the first down too often. Or maybe I am just imagining that, I have no video breakdown of it to prove it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Ertz as a player is at the same level as Kelce and Andrews. Surprise surprise, Kelce is two years older than Ertz.
Kelce will go down as a top 3 TE all time. Ertz would be lucky to crack the top 10-15. Not bad company for sure, but Ertz even at his prime isn't Kelce.