Scott or Foles?

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
During this sports downtime I wanted to see who all of you prefer to be the QB next year. If the Cats can get decent play from the QB position they should have a good chance at going bowlin' again.

Personally I prefer Scott, I think his running ability can add a whole other dimension to the offense. But then again, whoever can get the ball to Gronko every play works for me ;)

Thoughts?

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Not to cop out but I like whomever has the better summer.

Scott brings an interesting dimension to the spread that we haven't seen with his running but if Foles can chuck the ball all over the place and makes plays then so be it.

I would say to ask this question you would have to have at least a small sample size for both players to judge from. Right now I have seen a little of Scott in scrub time and nothing of Foles. And their teammates seem to like both.

At this point I would be saying Foles cause I like his hair:shrug:

Wildcat05

Veteran
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the former Michigan recruit who just signed with UA - Dewayne Peace?

He seems like he'll be a nice addition to the WR corps. So whether Scott or Foles, they may have another option out there.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
We're set at WR next year - Gronkowski, Terrell Turner, and Dela Dean should get most of the balls and with Keola/Grigsby back there's not too many catches left.

As far as the Scott/Foles debate goes, I'm guessing Scott gets the nod with a medium-sized leash. Arizona should be fine this year if they get good QB play, everything else is still in place from last year's squad.

Wildcat05

Veteran
Reaction score
So Mao, are you suggesting that there could be a repeat bowl appearance in our future?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
They have the talent to do so, we'll see how the coaching shakes out. We usually lose two games a year we have no business losing and with us getting the unbalanced Pac-10 schedule that could cost us the postseason. One thing's for sure, Arizona has no business finishing behind UCLA, UW, or WSU.

Wildcat05

Veteran
Reaction score
Agreed.

ASU's defense will be tough, but I'm hoping their offense will be horrendous enough to give them a place among those teams you mentioned. Just a hope.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Who cares? Arizona's success or failure has nothing to do with Arizona State. The 'Cats should have slightly more talent (Gronkowski and Devin Ross should be first day picks, ASU has one at most) but neither team will be anything to write home about.

SD Chargers

Reaction score
I think if they get the qb situation resolved then Zona could easily win eight games this year. Personally i think Scott is the better fit for the type of offense that Dykes likes to run. The spread works best with a more mobile qb.

OP
OP
General Chaos

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
I'm trying my best to get the football talk rolling. From most reports it sounds like neither QB has separated himself from the other at this point. Both quarterbacks have been solid but not spectacular. If this continues I think the coaches will go with which either QB protects the ball better. Whoever wins the job has a lot of weapons at his disposal. The receiving corp is deep and talented, Gronkowski is a beast, and there are three solid running backs. I hope the coaches don't wait too long to make a decision, so they can get the starting QB as prepared as possible for the opener against the underrated C. Mich team. I still think Scott will end up winning the competition, but we'll have to wait and see.......

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whoever doesn't turn the ball over and who can get the ball to Gronk. Foles is the more accurate passer but Scott can run better. I really believe they won't have a #1 qb until the Iowa game.