rumors about arizona pick in round 1

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
La Confora is a moron, so I throw all his information down the sink along with his career as actually doing anything with a NFL team... and if D Wash shows up he sticks but it would be absolutely stupid to not consider what happens if D Wash is not there, this team did say till D Wash is there they will act as if he is not

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It is absolutely stupid to think D Wash is going to be gone more than 4 games. The legal precedent is there, he has to be punished under the OLD standards. Wasting a first round pick when we have other more pressing needs is asinine. If we do n fact get AP, my stance will change slightly.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
That one doesn't make sense to me unless they are throwing in the towel on Stinson and Martin already. Which, I doubt seriously.

Martin transitioning to OLB, and Stinson was what a 5th round pick? He showed he'll provide good depth, but he's not worth passing on a guy like Armstead if you think he's the next Dockett.

And Kenricks is probably best served as an ILB (WILB), but doesn't he offer some position versatility as a LB?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Washington and Weatherspoon are unreliable for different reasons. I'd love to see Dawson there at 55.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Martin transitioning to OLB, and Stinson was what a 5th round pick? He showed he'll provide good depth, but he's not worth passing on a guy like Armstead if you think he's the next Dockett.

And Kenricks is probably best served as an ILB (WILB), but doesn't he offer some position versatility as a LB?

I'm sure your points I have merit. I just really, really want either Gregory or Ray. :D

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You can't be serious.

The Cardinals were a pretty good defense last season with a combination of the re-animated corpse of Larry Foote and The Ghost and a rookie safety playing linebacker. You'd prefer another option at ILB than what the Cards have right now--not depending on Washington--but Kendricks isn't a special player, and burning a 1st on him when he's not materially superior to Shaq Thompson or a handful of other ILB picks is a monstrous waste of resources.

Kendricks is (maybe) the target of last resort, but a superior prospect will fall that the Cards will have graded higher or can entice a team to trade up for.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Cardinals were a pretty good defense last season with a combination of the re-animated corpse of Larry Foote and The Ghost and a rookie safety playing linebacker. You'd prefer another option at ILB than what the Cards have right now--not depending on Washington--but Kendricks isn't a special player, and burning a 1st on him when he's not materially superior to Shaq Thompson or a handful of other ILB picks is a monstrous waste of resources.

Kendricks is (maybe) the target of last resort, but a superior prospect will fall that the Cards will have graded higher or can entice a team to trade up for.

I agree , saying he is in the mix could mean he is in the mix of 4 or 5 other players they are considering .

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
that pick would certainly:

1. put to rest that Keim picks Best Player Available rather than reaching for need
2. Be squarely in the "good player, but picked half a round too high" category
3. Produce post after post of "wasted pick" vs "next hall of famer" wars

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Totally agree and I'm a UCLA fan. Kendricks is a good player but he's small which means he will have some issues the Cards have to scheme around. 2nd rounder absolutely, 1st rounder not a pick I'd like.

On Armstead I'm not sure I get why he's going to go so high beyond his size and physique. I thought Calais Campbell played too high in college but he was a better player than Armstead. He is the classic case of a guy who looks like he should be a much better player than he is. He's a physical freak, for people that don't know, his father is Guss Armstead(yes 2 SS) and he's a workout guy personal trainer in the Sacramento area. he is the guy who turned Ryan Anderson into an NBA player, took a fat HS senior that could really shoot and turned him into a great college player now in the NBA.

So the reason Arik Armstead looks like he does is he has a personal trainer for a father. But it sure looks like in HS and college he either got very little coaching, or he's not very coachable because he just doesn't seem to know what hes doing. One of the most common scouting reports you see is that he doesn't seem to get he's supposed to get off the block and make plays, he'll just push his man back 5 yards without realizing he's creating a hole for the RB in the process.

OP
OP
juza76

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lot of speculation as to Humphries (OT) being the pick, seems to me a step backwards to the old regimes way of thinking.

i will puke

i can say we should take some risk sometimes,maybe conservative also with the picks doesnt bring too much value sometimes
good guy good leader good effort,below average talent,,....

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Were we really a "good defense" last season? When it came to PPG, yea we were, but pass D is what killed us. Also, not being able to cover TEs killed us(have always killed us for a long time. Foote also got exposed from this). Something Kendricks is great at. He's also a good run defender(something Shaq Thompson is not very good at. Shaq does nothing better than Kendricks). Is he short for an ILB? Sure, he is, but so are division rivals Bobby Wagner & Navarro Bowman. Kendricks plays bigger than he is. Him & Dawson are the only ILBs worth a first round pick, IMO. We can't trust D.Wash & Weatherspoon is coming off of 2 big injuries. Minter has been a disappointment too.
If Kevin Johnson & Marcus Peters are off the board, then I would be ecstatic with this pick.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Were we really a "good defense" last season? When it came to PPG, yea we were, but pass D is what killed us. Also, not being able to cover TEs killed us(have always killed us for a long time. Foote also got exposed from this). Something Kendricks is great at. He's also a good run defender(something Shaq Thompson is not very good at. Shaq does nothing better than Kendricks). Is he short for an ILB? Sure, he is, but so are division rivals Bobby Wagner & Navarro Bowman. Kendricks plays bigger than he is. Him & Dawson are the only ILBs worth a first round pick, IMO. We can't trust D.Wash & Weatherspoon is coming off of 2 big injuries. Minter has been a disappointment too.
If Kevin Johnson & Marcus Peters are off the board, then I would be ecstatic with this pick.

This... but I would still be very happy with Goldman out of Florida St. to make the interior of our DL an immovable fortress against the run :)

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After reading these posts, it seems that we have MANY FANS who should be signed by the Cardinals. Until that happens, I'll stick with the choices made by BASK.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

This. Kendricks will be a very good player in the NFL.

No matter who we pick, posters will gripe. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn