Rumor: Lakers Seeking Sign & Trade for CP3

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not sure why you reposted something that was already posted, but the article doesn't address it either. Isn't there a rule that you can't include other players in a trade involving a Free Agent who is being signed-and-traded? I admittedly might be thinking of another rule.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you reposted something that was already posted, but the article doesn't address it either. Isn't there a rule that you can't include other players in a trade involving a Free Agent who is being signed-and-traded? I admittedly might be thinking of another rule.

I think that’s for RFA’s? Might be wrong there though.

overseascardfan

Reaction score
Actually there are multiple rumors about Schoeder and S&T. You are confusing rule with "restricted" FA's cannot be traded after re-signing.

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Me and my brother were laughing at this.

it’s just unrealistic anything the Lakers can put together. It takes nothing to be a sports writer.

why on earth would anyone take that package from the Lakers especially for an all star

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

it’s just unrealistic anything the Lakers can put together. It takes nothing to be a sports writer.

why on earth would anyone take that package from the Lakers especially for an all star

Sadly, it's not far off from Charles Barkley for Robert Horry, Sam Cassell, Mark Bryant and Chucky Brown...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Also a raging hot rumor on every radio show on nba sxm yesterday and today

Strongstyle

Free Agent
Reaction score
Honestly, just not giving him to the Lakers to improve their roster is more of a benefit than getting anything they would offer in return. Let CP3 walk if that's really how he feels. Lakers can't sign him outright.

1Sun

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Honestly, just not giving him to the Lakers to improve their roster is more of a benefit than getting anything they would offer in return. Let CP3 walk if that's really how he feels. Lakers can't sign him outright.

CP3 doesn't really need the money from the contract. The Lakers could sign him if he were willing to sign for the MLE. It might seem crazy to walk away from approximately $33 million, but LeBron could more than make that up for him in marketing/merchandizing deals, plus CP3 would get to stay home and play with his best friend, and the reality is that he would have a better shot at a championship playing beside LeBron and AD than he would playing beside Booker and Ayton. I am concerned. Very concerned.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Suns released Tyson Chandler to go to the Lakers and even traded Steve Nash to them. Just saying.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Suns released Tyson Chandler to go to the Lakers and even traded Steve Nash to them. Just saying.
LOL

You're comparing Chris Paul to a broken down Steve Nash and Tyson Chandler? We're not going to trade a good to great player to the Lakers.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL

You're comparing Chris Paul to a broken down Steve Nash and Tyson Chandler? We're not going to trade a good to great player to the Lakers.

Don't say something I didn't say.

I'm pointing out past moves the Suns have made which conceivably could have helped the Lakers.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Don't say something I didn't say.

I'm pointing out past moves the Suns have made which conceivably could have helped the Lakers.
But they didn't. We made the moves because we didn't care that it was the Lakers. In this case, we WOULD care. Do you dispute that?

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Never going to happen in a million years. Good luck with Westbrook, LeBron.

and why would Washington trade Westbrook for that package? Keep in mind the Lakers have no picks to give

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tally Cardinal