Rumor: Lakers Seeking Sign & Trade for CP3

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, just not giving him to the Lakers to improve their roster is more of a benefit than getting anything they would offer in return. Let CP3 walk if that's really how he feels. Lakers can't sign him outright.

The Suns released Tyson Chandler to go to the Lakers and even traded Steve Nash to them. Just saying.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Suns released Tyson Chandler to go to the Lakers and even traded Steve Nash to them. Just saying.
LOL

You're comparing Chris Paul to a broken down Steve Nash and Tyson Chandler? We're not going to trade a good to great player to the Lakers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL

You're comparing Chris Paul to a broken down Steve Nash and Tyson Chandler? We're not going to trade a good to great player to the Lakers.

Don't say something I didn't say.

I'm pointing out past moves the Suns have made which conceivably could have helped the Lakers.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Don't say something I didn't say.

I'm pointing out past moves the Suns have made which conceivably could have helped the Lakers.
But they didn't. We made the moves because we didn't care that it was the Lakers. In this case, we WOULD care. Do you dispute that?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Never going to happen in a million years. Good luck with Westbrook, LeBron.

and why would Washington trade Westbrook for that package? Keep in mind the Lakers have no picks to give

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Those suns teams (a) had those guys for at least a few years, (b) those guys were at the very very very VERY end of their careers, (c) we weren’t really a legit contender and thus the lakers weren’t a legit threat to us, and (d) EFF the lakers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to say all the Lakers have is KCP and Kuzma as movable contracts both around 15 million per.

Those are both bad contracts, I don't want either player at those salaries.

So honestly I would rather we let him walk than do that deal, and there is no reason to help Chris Paul out if he desires to go to the Lakers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Schroder's trash too. I would much rather resign Cam Payne and play him as starter than go with Schroder.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And arguably the Suns got the better end of both those deals - actually in the case of Nash it's not even arguable.

Lakers will not get to rip us off just because they are the Lakers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those suns teams (a) had those guys for at least a few years, (b) those guys were at the very very very VERY end of their careers, (c) we weren’t really a legit contender and thus the lakers weren’t a legit threat to us, and (d) EFF the lakers.

It doesn't change that it happened. I'm guessing you remember the uproar about Nash playing for the Lakers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But they didn't. We made the moves because we didn't care that it was the Lakers. In this case, we WOULD care. Do you dispute that?

I'm talking past history.

What if Paul going to the Lakers had the same outcome of Nash going to the Lakers?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And arguably the Suns got the better end of both those deals - actually in the case of Nash it's not even arguable.

Lakers will not get to rip us off just because they are the Lakers.

Don't you think at the time it happened, the Lakers thought they were getting the best end of the deal?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It doesn't change that it happened. I'm guessing you remember the uproar about Nash playing for the Lakers.
Yeah I don’t recall it being an uproar when we found out we got multiple first round picks. I remember people being mad nash wanted to play for them. But night and day different facts and circumstances from that to this.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't you think at the time it happened, the Lakers thought they were getting the best end of the deal?

Maybe. But I think that Suns management knew better. Both were broken down shells of their prior self, and the Suns knew it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t recall it being an uproar when we found out we got multiple first round picks. I remember people being mad nash wanted to play for them. But night and day different facts and circumstances from that to this.

I'm just saying the Suns have exhibited this type of behavior before... helping a rival.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm just saying the Suns have exhibited this type of behavior before... helping a rival.
Were the Lakers really a rival back then? Even if Nash could have helped them, it wouldn't have happened while we were a threat. And that turned out to be true. We just made it to the Finals. Talk about completely different circumstances.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
Three way trade:

Phx gets Dame Lillard
LAL get Chris Paul on a S&T
Portland gets Anthony Davis

Throw in the necessary change to balance out the trade.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three way trade:

Phx gets Dame Lillard
LAL get Chris Paul on a S&T
Portland gets Anthony Davis

Throw in the necessary change to balance out the trade.

I haven't checked out the particulars but I think the Lakers and Trail Blazers could do business without the Suns. The Lakers would likely prefer Lillard.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Lakers aren't interested in anything resembling a fair trade for anybody. They think they are basically entitled to get other teams stars for basically nothing in return. It's what they have been able to do for decades, and they absolutely believe it's their God-given privilege to endlessly do so.

So, if Paul really has any genuine desire to force his way there, expect the Lakers to offer something like Gasol, Caruso, and a future second... and say take it or leave it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers aren't interested in anything resembling a fair trade for anybody. They think they are basically entitled to get other teams stars for basically nothing in return. It's what they have been able to do for decades, and they absolutely believe it's their God-given privilege to endlessly do so.

So, if Paul really has any genuine desire to force his way there, expect the Lakers to offer something like Gasol, Caruso, and a future second... and say take it or leave it.

I know what you are saying but the salaries will not work.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I haven't checked out the particulars but I think the Lakers and Trail Blazers could do business without the Suns. The Lakers would likely prefer Lillard.

Probably, but I don't think the Blazers want any of the junk the Lakers would offer (hint - no way it's Davis)... and Lillard can't (and doesn't seem inclined to) forcing his way there.

Whereas, Paul... who knows?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably, but I don't think the Blazers want any of the junk the Lakers would offer (hint - no way it's Davis)... and Lillard can't (and doesn't seem inclined to) forcing his way there.

Whereas, Paul... who knows?

Someone had Davis in the trade.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were the Lakers really a rival back then? Even if Nash could have helped them, it wouldn't have happened while we were a threat. And that turned out to be true. We just made it to the Finals. Talk about completely different circumstances.

What I pointed out actually happened and the Lakers are in the Western Conference.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man... we really need something to talk about that not what happened in the Finals, huh?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose