Reuben Foster impressing while Reddick is learning

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t happen to a better team

I know right.

Speaking at the Annual League Meeting in Orlando on Wednesday, 49ers owner Jed York said the team is prepared to potentially move on from the 2017 first-round draft pick, who was arrested in February on suspicion of domestic violence and weapon charges last month.

Wow! Dumping a 1st rounder after a year would take some balls admitting you got it wrong.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Although I still think Reddick will become a very good player, Keim really needs to draft guys in the first round that can play day one. I know Reddick athletically was off the charts but he will be a project for another two years. The first round is for plug and play right away players except for maybe quarterbacks. Draft a player that's played his position for years. If you want a project get him after the first round.

It's a shame these kids screw up so bad. They really need good role models and mentors like what PP21 did for the Badger. Foster is such a good player and could have a long NFL career if he gets his act together in time. Sometimes I think the money and fame gets to these kids and they think they are bullet proof. The pot issue is just stupid. It should be legal to use like alcohol and tobacco. The whole country will be legal in the next three years anyway. The NFL should stop testing for it and come out of the dark ages.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Although I still think Reddick will become a very good player, Keim really needs to draft guys in the first round that can play day one. I know Reddick athletically was off the charts but he will be a project for another two years. The first round is for plug and play right away players except for maybe quarterbacks. Draft a player that's played his position for years. If you want a project get him after the first round.

It's a shame these kids screw up so bad. They really need good role models and mentors like what PP21 did for the Badger. Foster is such a good player and could have a long NFL career if he gets his act together in time. Sometimes I think the money and fame gets to these kids and they think they are bullet proof. The pot issue is just stupid. It should be legal to use like alcohol and tobacco. The whole country will be legal in the next three years anyway. The NFL should stop testing for it and come out of the dark ages.
These issues arise well before they get into the NFL. These top recruits coming out of high school are insanely coddled. They can practically do anything they want, and the schools (HS and College) will brush it under the rug as if nothing ever happened, so these kids think they're invincible. It's a systematic failure with these schools, and it's only when they get into the NFL that you start seeing their issues come to light, because they are put under a microscope and expected to act like professionals. Sad that these school coaches care more about their athletic ability, than their ability to be good people.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Not as wrong as Chopper. LOL

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
How was I wrong in this thread? Didn't anyone read the entire premise of the thread? It was a statement regarding the advantage of taking a guy who had played the position in college vs a guy who hadn't played the position in college.

This is the first post in the thread...

"Who knows how it plays out long term, but this what happens when you draft players to play a totally different position vs the position they have spent their career playing."

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Too bad Reuben's an idiot, but this is a good reminder that when a college player has warts, they often don't magically go away in the pros. Lot of ppl patting Lynch on the back for "stealing" this guy end of round 1.

I remember screaming at my TV when the Cards took Ryan Williams and then Rob freaking Housler over Justin Houston in rounds 2/3 way back when. Pretty sure he was off our board for failing his pot test. He's stayed out of trouble since then, but if you draft him and he pulls a Randy Gregory, you look like an idiot.

Just reminder to us fans who think we know everything, including me, that we don't know everything. And frankly, neither do the teams drafting them.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ith-three-felonies-in-domestic-violence-case/

Prosecutors charged Foster with one felony for that violent act, another felony for forcefully attempting to prevent the victim from reporting the crime, and a third felony for possessing an assault weapon. Foster is also charged with a misdemeanor for possessing a large capacity magazine. The charges could carry up to 11 years in prison.

Wow if convicted, he's toast, and the 49ers wasted that pick. (and the 4th rounder, #111 they used in addition to their 2nd rounder 34th overall to move up). So two picks wasted.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
How was I wrong in this thread? Didn't anyone read the entire premise of the thread? It was a statement regarding the advantage of taking a guy who had played the position in college vs a guy who hadn't played the position in college.

This is the first post in the thread...

"Who knows how it plays out long term, but this what happens when you draft players to play a totally different position vs the position they have spent their career playing."

I know I was. I would have taken Foster over Reddick in a heartbeat, and did agree Foster was producing while our pick was still learning.

Obviously I was wrong. Not sure if it justifies the draft choice in Reddick, but it does justify picking Reddick to play ILB over Foster.

That is a mess of a situation for the Niners.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beware the Crimson Tide. Experts at cloaking flaws and trouble. What happens in Tuscaloosa stays in Tuscaloosa.

They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beware the Crimson Tide. Experts at cloaking flaws and trouble. What happens in Tuscaloosa stays in Tuscaloosa.

They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues

Indeed.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-foster-charged-with-felony-domestic-violence

Foster is facing three felonies after being accused of attacking his girlfriend -- domestic violence with an allegation that he inflicted great bodily harm; forcefully attempting to prevent a victim from reporting a crime; and possession of an assault weapon. He's also facing one misdemeanor count of possession of a large capacity magazine.

If convicted on all charges, Foster faces the possibility of more than 11 years in prison. His arraignment is scheduled for Thursday at 1:30 p.m. PT.

Foster, 24, was arrested by police on Feb. 11 after he allegedly attacked his girlfriend at their Los Gatos, California, home. The victim told police Foster dragged her by her hair, physically threw her out of the house and punched her in the head eight to 10 times. She was treated at a hospital for multiple injuries, including a ruptured eardrum, prosecutors said.

Wow. Not good!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
two random thoughts:

1. Given Foster's drop, its clear the Cards weren't the only ones who had concerns about off field behavior

2. The 49ers said post draft that had Solomon not been there -- Foster was the pick. Either they didn't know (bad) or didn't care.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
two random thoughts:

1. Given Foster's drop, its clear the Cards weren't the only ones who had concerns about off field behavior

2. The 49ers said post draft that had Solomon not been there -- Foster was the pick. Either they didn't know (bad) or didn't care.

The red flags were very apparent considering his conduct leading up to the draft, so it's obvious that the 49ers didnt care.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised to see GM Lynch release his sorry ass soon!

I would, I'll bet he'll get off with probation and some community service BS . He will only be suspended for 6 games and by week 8 back on the field. Just a guess, but would not be surprised if he is not in more trouble by that week 8 either.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I would, I'll bet he'll get off with probation and some community service BS . He will only be suspended for 6 games and by week 8 back on the field. Just a guess, but would not be surprised if he is not in more trouble by that week 8 either.
We shall see but I think you wrong. I think Lynch has morals & values just like Keim & Michael where crap like this isn’t tolerated!

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I hope a thorough and ethical investigation is conducted and justice is served.

I hope the 49ers let the process play out before they pull the trigger. I think our system is too aggressive in punishing people before their day in court when it comes to DV issues.

Chics can lie, cops can be unethical, and the court will pick up charges/go to trial on an issue just because they make $$ doing so.