Reuben Foster impressing while Reddick is learning

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Ruben Foster reportedly claimed on waivers:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports ex-49ers LB Reuben Foster has been claimed off waivers.
Schefter initially reported the Browns were the claiming team but quickly apologized for jumping the gun. He has been claimed, however, which is a frankly shocking development. We should know by whom shortly. Nov 27 - 4:28 PM
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Bengals or Cowboys?

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How about they each file for a restraining order. Stay away from each other per the orders and get on with separate lives.

If either one violates just call the po po.

I completely understand why the 9ers cut him. In addition to his D V problems he is on probation for guns and dope violations.

After working in family law and criminal defense for over 10 years I can tell you that won't happen, and if it does they will ignore the orders. People in these types of relationships are almost always fundamentally flawed and continue to seek the same sort of toxic relationships until they accidentally find someone who isn't toxic. Then they usually ruin those people too .

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprise the Redskins would claim him off waivers.

IIRC the waiver system works with the team with the worst record has first shot and then the option works its way up the ladder. At 6-5 a whole bunch of teams passed.

By Tuesday night, 31 NFL teams – including the linebacker-needy, damaged-goods assembly line known as the Cincinnati Bengals – had decided Foster should be made to wait for future employment. That is a hell of a statement, considering his status as a wildly talented first-round pick from the 2017 draft. It’s the kind of currency that usually has NFL personnel men lining up around the block, yet nearly 97 percent of the league’s teams backed away from this one. All except for the Redskins.

Whatever suits Dan Snyder is good enough to validate his choices. The NFL postures itself as the saving grace concerning no tolerance for Domestic violence. Hypocrisy at it's utmost display. Every NFL team could have passed, since he won't be playing this year, and allow Foster to become a free agent next year. Nope the Redskins jumped at the opportunity. Ethics quotient is relative to skill set in the NFL.

https://sports.yahoo.com/redskins-claim-reuben-foster-peak-dan-snyder-hypocrisy-051501143.html

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Turns out the Redskins might not have done their full due diligence. According to a report from A.J. Perez of USA Today, there was only one team that called Tampa police about Foster's arrest.

That team? The Philadelphia Eagles.

What's interesting there is the Eagles have a higher waiver claim than the Redskins based on their record. In other words, whatever the Eagles found out from the Tampa police might have led them to decide a waiver claim wasn't the prudent move. The Redskins put in a claim, apparently, without checking with police and instead relying on what they heard from former teammates of Foster. It feels a little shortsighted.

Adding to the concern of Washington's claim is a report from Les Carpenter and Kareem Copeland of the Washington Post, in which we find out that it was Redskins president Bruce Allen who "masterminded" the claim of Foster. The same source who told the Post about Allen making the claim happen said "the front office was far from unanimous about the idea."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...bout-reuben-foster-and-it-wasnt-the-redskins/

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doug Williams on why Redskins signed Reuben Foster;

"Williams rationalized signing a player who has been accused of domestic violence on multiple occasions (and has been arrested three times this year alone, most recently just four days ago) by stating, "We've got people who are in high, high, high, high places that have done far worse, and if you look at it realistically, they're still up there. This is small potatoes [compared to] a lot of things out there."

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

"Williams rationalized signing a player who has been accused of domestic violence on multiple occasions (and has been arrested three times this year alone, most recently just four days ago) by stating, "We've got people who are in high, high, high, high places that have done far worse, and if you look at it realistically, they're still up there. This is small potatoes [compared to] a lot of things out there."
Wow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Heard this on Roc and Manuch yesterday and they were laying into Williams for that reasoning saying just because most teams would do it doesn't justify you doing it and it sends a wrong message to the female fan base.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump:

On GMA, Foster's GF now says she lied in court when she recanted her previous story. She loved him and didn't want to ruin his career.

These things happen a lot in abusive relationships.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I suspected this all along

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't really like to say much on DV or SA situations, because I don't want to:
1) Criticize a victim.
2) Criticize a potentially innocent person.

Reuben Foster SOUNDS guilty. It's very common for women to back off claims to protect men. Could he still be innocent? Sure, but I wouldn't want my team to sign him.