Reuben Foster impressing while Reddick is learning

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Who knows how it plays out long term, but this what happens when you draft players to play a totally different position vs the position they have spent their career playing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Who knows how it plays out long term, but this what happens when you draft players to play a totally different position vs the position they have spent their career playing.

I think you have to factor in that Reddick was literally a top five athlete at any position in this draft and is a hella good football player as well.

Reddick has a higher ceiling, but still has a decently high floor plus he has none of the known red flags Foster has.

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
Foster had medical concerns, character concerns, football IQ concerns.. you name it. He is a hell of an athlete for an ILB but Reddick has such versatility and will be like Drone/Mathieu in which we can line him up in multiple places. These two players will be forever compared but jesus man, the games havent even been played yet.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's wait until the end of the first quarter in week 1 before we start overreacting.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I get it

But I feel like Foster dropping as far as he did validated in a way the Cards decision

Had Foster gone 16th or something, the comparison would be different. That many teams passing says there was something in the due diligence that scared teams

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

I think it was this time last year that people were drunk off the Brandon Williams Kool-Aid after a few impressive practices and making sweeping conclusions about the trajectory of his pro career.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I get it

But I feel like Foster dropping as far as he did validated in a way the Cards decision

Had Foster gone 16th or something, the comparison would be different. That many teams passing says there was something in the due diligence that scared teams

Jurecki indicated that Foster plummeted because of both character and injury red flags. It's not as if the Cardinals made a misinformed decision to take Reddick over Foster.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Meanwhile Raekwon McMillan is already named the starter in Miami. I think a draft of a CB, Hooker, or OJ Howard, in round 1 and McMillan in round 2 would have served this team better but we'll see.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
A friend of mine posted this game preview on his page.... Seems to be a mixed bag for old Reuben.

49ers preseason week 1
Rumor is 1st year HC and GM Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch are going to allow starters to play longer into preseason games as they asses the roster.

Defense- Rueben Foster is the person I am looking forward to the most. Beat writers have said that he sticks out in practice because he moving a 1000 mph every play of 11 on 11, even if it's sometimes the wrong way. When Foster hasn't been lighting up RBs and racking up ints, he's getting faked out on Playaction vacating the middle of the field for Hoyer and co to throw. With Malcom Smith out for the year Fosters chance to shine and seize a starting role next to Bowman is now.

The battle of Cb2- with Rashard Robinson cemented as the Number 1, it's between 3rd year player Keith Reiser and Daunte Johnson.

Defensive line- i can't wait to see how truly dominate this group is, with the last 3 1st round picks going to this talented unit.

Offense-Brian Hoyer is going to surprise people this year, I doubt it shows in this game, with vanilla game plans, but Shanahan needs to throw the ball to figure out the Niners WR core

Wr- behind Pierre Garçon the Niners have a bunch of slot WRs, from Jeremy Kurley to Alrick Robinson to rookie Trent Taylor. So really the 2nd and 3rd position is wide open

HB- if you have heard that the Niners might cut Carlos Hyde, whoever told you that is wrong. Hyde has been one of the best players in camp. The competition will be for 2 and 3 though, between vet tim Hightower, Rookie 4th rounder Joe Williams, which Kyle Shanahan stood on the table to get him drafted, and matt Brieda who has been the fan favorite on 49ers twitter.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
which Kyle Shanahan stood on the table to get him drafted,

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

This whole standing on a table for a draft pick seems to be common place in the NFL for some reason. Maybe I should start standing on tables when I want things.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Nobody knows Jack or even has Jill's telephone number till these guys play in a real game... we know nothing and won't really know anything till midway into the season, or actually next season to be exact
You must be registered for see images attach

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Foster has really been killing it in the preseason games so far!! And I thought the Blaine Gabbert stuff was way premature!!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Foster has really been killing it in the preseason games so far!! And I thought the Blaine Gabbert stuff was way premature!!

Good Lord, Foster hasn't even played in a game yet and he's killing it? Can we at least wait until he plays in one stinkin pre season game.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Right!??... Dartin' all over the place just BLOWING poo up!!.... Dude is a man-child,...a BEAST!!

and our guy is just..............learning the defense

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meanwhile Raekwon McMillan is already named the starter in Miami. I think a draft of a CB, Hooker, or OJ Howard, in round 1 and McMillan in round 2 would have served this team better but we'll see.
Sadly
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was devastated when MIA took Tankersley right before we picked. Had we not traded down, we could have had our #2 CB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson