remaining schedule

Reaction score
Looking at the remaining schedule, the Suns seem to have it tough. Realistically, they'd be lucky to win half these games unless something drastic happens to improve their level of play.

But looking at Houston's remaining schedule, they only have about 4 easy games left, if you consider Golden State and Seattle to be tough teams (these days they are). So I think they may fall below 50% win rate.

Utah's schedule is a bit easier than Hoston's but I only see about 4 easy games there as well.

So IMO if the Suns win half their remaining games, they might be ok for getting the eigth spot. But considering how they have been playing lately, winning half is no easy task.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
But, for whatever reason, the Suns seem to do BETTER against strong teams.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
There aren't too many crummy teams coming up, so that might actually help the Suns. I wonder why the Suns struggle against lousier teams? Someone posted that they are not getting up for these games. I don't think that's it. I think that the younger, quicker teams with worse records just seem to out-hustle the Suns. The better teams seem to have more veterans and play more of a half court offense that somehow plays into the Suns favor. Thoughts?

Living in Seattle, I watch the Sonics a lot and they have the same situation. They can beat the Lakers then two days later lose to Denver and you wonder WTF? Today's lousy teams are really not that lousy....and the great teams aren't that great.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
It's going to be tough. Several things need to happen- Stephon and Marion have to continue playing like all stars. Amare has got to start playing a little bit better than he's pled last few games, JJ needs to continue playing well, and Jakes have to be a force inside. The big thing, in my oppinion is Penny Hardaway's play. I think that he is going to be a huge force down the strech.

I think the Suns will make playoffs. Penny is looking better than ever (in Phoenix anyway) and I think Stephon wants to win really bad.

Stefan

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirStefan32
It's going to be tough. Several things need to happen- Stephon and Marion have to continue playing like all stars. Amare has got to start playing a little bit better than he's pled last few games, JJ needs to continue playing well, and Jakes have to be a force inside. The big thing, in my oppinion is Penny Hardaway's play. I think that he is going to be a huge force down the strech.

Stefan

Couldn't agree more. Although, if Francis and Mobley continue playing like stars, and Yao starts playing a bit better than he's been playing, and Glen Rice and James Posey keep playing well, and Cato, Griffin and Taylor keep being forces inside, then it might be tough...

Stefan, if every team's players did their job, everyone would win. What you're asking is the Suns to play faultless basketball. And as we all know, this does not happen. The last game where everything clicked was the Kings game, before that, it was probably the Mavs game.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Originally posted by S_Marbury
Couldn't agree more. Although, if Francis and Mobley continue playing like stars, and Yao starts playing a bit better than he's been playing, and Glen Rice and James Posey keep playing well, and Cato, Griffin and Taylor keep being forces inside, then it might be tough...

Stefan, if every team's players did their job, everyone would win. What you're asking is the Suns to play faultless basketball. And as we all know, this does not happen. The last game where everything clicked was the Kings game, before that, it was probably the Mavs game.

Well, you are partially right. Very few team play near- perfect basketball. However, if every team's players did their job, only half of those teams would win, not everybody.

I don't think I am asking the Suns for much- Stephon, Marion and Penny are playing great basketball, I think it's reasonable to assume they will continue to do so.
Amare is in a slump right nopw, but we all know he'll get out of it very soon. Two somewhat unreasonable requests are JJ and Jakes.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by S_Marbury
The last game where everything clicked was the Kings game, before that, it was probably the Mavs game.
The win in SA was maybe the most perfect game of the Suns this year and it was after the DAL game.

Good news that SEA beated HOU today.

We definitely need to win today against UTA.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
We definitely need to win today against UTA

The Suns need to win against anyone they have left, but particularly against Utah. I can't stand the Jazz:evil: and they are only a couple games ahead of us.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really hope the Phoenix Suns can run away with the playoff spot. If they tie the Houston Rockets record and miss the playoffs you can bet I'll be bitching about that BS win Houston got against the L.A. Clippers last week.

Joe Mama

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I agree with you there Joe. ...and we'd have every right to bitch.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
I really hope the Phoenix Suns can run away with the playoff spot. If they tie the Houston Rockets record and miss the playoffs you can bet I'll be bitching about that BS win Houston got against the L.A. Clippers last week.

Joe Mama

Can you refresh our memories? :confused: :p

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Was the game that the Refs called the phantom foot over the line call?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Can you refresh our memories? :confused: :p

Oh, I'm still complaining about the Rockets bogus overtime victory against the Clippers last week. At the very end of regulation Andre Miller was shooting free throws. He could have given the Clippers the lead when he made a free throw, but he was called for stepping over the line. He missed the second attempt I believe, and the game went into overtime where the Clippers lost.

The problem is that Andre Miller did not step over the line. No one could figure out what correct free was looking at. That's a call that should only be made in the first three-quarters when it is obvious. To make that call at the end of the game like that, especially when there was no infraction to begin with was preposterous. It's the kind of thing that gets people talking about conspiracies. The next night during the Phoenix/Sacramento game Danny Ainge was complaining about it.

Joe Mama

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Speaking of conspiracies...

I watched some of the Detroit/Washington game last night, and I could not believe the calls that Jordan wasn't getting. He'd drive the lane and get really hammered, and there would be no call. And this was in Washington! It happened over and over. It was really strange, and I have no explanation for it. It wasn't that long ago when defenders would pick up fouls just for looking at Jordan the wrong way.

Has the league figured out that we're all sick of Michael Jordan, already? Or are they worried that, if he does make the playoffs, they'll be in too deep to allow him to lose?

Or -- more likely -- did the officials just think, "Well, we all know that Jordan gets too many calls, so I'm going to try to be less biased tonight," and then they overcompensated?

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by elindholm
Speaking of conspiracies...

I watched some of the Detroit/Washington game last night, and I could not believe the calls that Jordan wasn't getting. He'd drive the lane and get really hammered, and there would be no call. And this was in Washington! It happened over and over. It was really strange, and I have no explanation for it. It wasn't that long ago when defenders would pick up fouls just for looking at Jordan the wrong way.

Has the league figured out that we're all sick of Michael Jordan, already? Or are they worried that, if he does make the playoffs, they'll be in too deep to allow him to lose?

Or -- more likely -- did the officials just think, "Well, we all know that Jordan gets too many calls, so I'm going to try to be less biased tonight," and then they overcompensated?

Wars, disease, all sorts of debauchery... the signs are all there, but when Michael Jordan isn't getting calls the end of the world is surely on its way. :)

Joe Mama

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson