Rate the Hollywood Brown trade

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hindsight.
Plenty of people said he wasn’t at the time of the trade. I wasn’t one of them, but for those that did, that’s called foresight.

And regardless of foresight or hindsight, the RESULT of the trade DOES matter and I sure as hell am not shelling out too 10 WR money (which is a massive contract) for a guy who’s a good, but not even close to being great, WR.

That’s compounding the issue of a trade gone wrong. Signing him to a big deal would be a second wrong and two wrong ain’t making this right.

Sadly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was also the second HUGE 4th down pass that Hollywood dropped. The other one was in the Raiders OT game when laid the ball in to him perfectly and he didn’t secure the ball in and then dropped it when he got popped.

Tonight’s was even worse.

Guys who make a ton of money have to not just make big plays, they have to make the clutch catches. Those were both clutch catches that he totally crapped the bed on.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are we really evaluating trades for a guy that was on track for 1400 yards before injury because of one drop that wouldn't have made a difference to this game anyway?

As a reminder we also got a 3rd in the trade. The overall value of that trade was late 1st/early 2nd round pick. And yes it was worth that. Not his fault the offense sucks this year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are we really evaluating trades for a guy that was on track for 1400 yards before injury because of one drop that wouldn't have made a difference to this game anyway?

As a reminder we also got a 3rd in the trade. The overall value of that trade was late 1st/early 2nd round pick. And yes it was worth that. Not his fault the offense sucks this year.
Are you in favor of giving a massive contract extension paying Hollywood a likely top 10 WR salary even though over the course of his career, he will likely have only have achieved 800 yards receiving ONE time in his FOUR seasons? And that one time was barely hitting 1000 in a 17 game season?

If not, that trade is a bust. Period.

And if so, stop boozing with Keim. It’s already led his life to ruin. Would be a shame to see the same happen one of our own here.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you in favor of giving a massive contract extension paying Hollywood a likely top 10 WR salary even though over the course of his career, he will likely have only have achieved 800 yards receiving ONE time in his FOUR seasons? And that one time was barely hitting 1000 in a 17 game season?

If not, that trade is a bust. Period.

And if so, stop boozing with Keim. It’s already led his life to ruin. Would be a shame to see the same happen one of our own here.

He's obviously a talented receiver. Unfair to judge him on this **** show of an offense right now.

He's averaging 76 yards per game in this crappy offense. That's 9th in the league this season. That's more than CeeDee, McLaurin, Lockett, Evans, Cooper and Godwin. He's only 2 yards per game behind Waddle and 2.5 behind AJ Brown. Two players fans would be jizzing their pants over had we traded a 1st round pick for them.

If we were 8-5 and Brown has the exact same stats fans would be crowning the trade as fantastic. You're judging him on the overall performance of the team/offense when he's done his job.

And only missed games because of a crappy underthrown ball that cause a 200lb cornerback to land on his foot. The only significant time he's missed in 4 seasons.

So yeah, he's worth what he's worth when he hits FA which is still after next season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Eh, I liked the trade at the time, but it's not looking good now. Missed a large chunk of the season and we've already lost 9 games. Not his fault, but he's not lighting it up. He's the opposite of clutch right now. He's also only under contract for one more year and will want way more money than he's worth. C- for me.

Rookie
Reaction score
Horrible trade. Could’ve drafted Linderbaum or traded down for more picks and drafted Pickens or Watson. Both have SIZE and speed.

But no, SK wants to overpay for another midget who crumbles under pressure

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have FAR bigger issues than Hollywood. An atrocious OL can 100% destroy any potentially great offense. Until we fix our OL, this offense will stink no matter who we have at the skill positions. Single most important group on a football field is the OL. Always has been & always will be. Show me a great team with a crappy OL. You cannot.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
We have FAR bigger issues than Hollywood. An atrocious OL can 100% destroy any potentially great offense. Until we fix our OL, this offense will stink no matter who we have at the skill positions. Single most important group on a football field is the OL. Always has been & always will be. Show me a great team with a crappy OL. You cannot.
Yeah. Agree. But this trade voided the ability to improve the Offensive line or any other part of the team. Using the first round pick to select a future All Pro lineman or as fodder to trade down for good OL and additional pick makes far more sense.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I love the guy but wouldn't have made a difference? It was 13-13 if he catches that pass we're in easy FG range at worst, hopefully get a TD so we're either up 3 or up 7.

Next possession was the fumble by D HOp for the score and they went up. If you assume that still happens we're either down 4 or tied after that, instead of down 7.

ONe thing is and Aikman said it last night too, either someone is running wrong routes(mcBride?) or the design of the routes sucks. ON the play where Brown drew a PI, McBride was so close to him it was insane. On the big drop, McBride is downfield wide open too I think it actually had something to do with why Brown didn't catch it I think he was trying to make sure he didn't get too close to McBride and then reacted oddly to the throw. He kind of jumped for a ball he didn't need to jump for. I don't know if McBride is running the wrong route or if it's the play design but it sucks.

There was another player where Colt threw behind McBride and he couldn't catch it, you could see the reaction from Colt like he thought McBride ran the route wrong.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. Agree. But this trade voided the ability to improve the Offensive line or any other part of the team. Using the first round pick to select a future All Pro lineman or as fodder to trade down for good OL and additional pick makes far more sense.
You do realize that what prompted this trade was that we KNEW we would be without Hop for 6 weeks??? If you have a bitch with anyone, let it be with Hop. If Hop doesn’t get suspended, we would have taken that stud C with our 1st pick.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You do realize that what prompted this trade was that we KNEW we would be without Hop for 6 weeks??? If you have a bitch with anyone, let it be with Hop. If Hop doesn’t get suspended, we would have taken that stud C with our 1st pick.

I'm not even bothered about that. A WR is more valuable than a C.

Brown is already 33 all time on the Cardinals single season yards per game table. Out of over 1000. He's 4th in the past 10 years.

And our offense sucks. We've one of the lowest YPA's in the league and he's still delivering yards.

I don't get the complaint.

Linderbaum is a good C, might be great, but the return from a good WR will always be more value than that of a good C.

People complaining because he dropped a tough pass when Nuk coughed up a scoop and score...

What they are really complaining about is it's something Keim did so it has to be bad.

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love the guy but wouldn't have made a difference? It was 13-13 if he catches that pass we're in easy FG range at worst, hopefully get a TD so we're either up 3 or up 7.

Next possession was the fumble by D HOp for the score and they went up. If you assume that still happens we're either down 4 or tied after that, instead of down 7.

ONe thing is and Aikman said it last night too, either someone is running wrong routes(mcBride?) or the design of the routes sucks. ON the play where Brown drew a PI, McBride was so close to him it was insane. On the big drop, McBride is downfield wide open too I think it actually had something to do with why Brown didn't catch it I think he was trying to make sure he didn't get too close to McBride and then reacted oddly to the throw. He kind of jumped for a ball he didn't need to jump for. I don't know if McBride is running the wrong route or if it's the play design but it sucks.

There was another player where Colt threw behind McBride and he couldn't catch it, you could see the reaction from Colt like he thought McBride ran the route wrong.
Agreed. Brown could have stayed up and caught that in stride. It was a critical play at a critical time in the game.

mobyhammy

Reaction score
Classic case of hindsight being 20/20. I liked the trade when it happened, I was excited at the prospect of Brown and DHop playing together. We never got to really see it develop because of Brown's injury, which I don't think he's fully recovered from yet.

Now with Kyler hurt and probably gone for most of next year, it's hard to see how you take advantage of two stud WRs without a good QB.

Of course now, we see what Linderbaum has become, but there are no sure things in the draft, especially when it comes to offensive lineman. It's easy to judge now, but I don't think it was a bad trade when it happened. Sometimes things just don't go as you planned it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard