Rate the Hollywood Brown trade

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gotta see the contract and what he looks like after the injury.

Doubt we would’ve drafted Lindenbaum anyway.
This is the key statement

Never know what SK will do, even if a quality player of need is right in front of him
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last tweet just reminded me that we really should have moved up for Cam Jurgens @Chopper0080

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
I like the trade still. Many here were looking at an 0-6 start with D-Hop out. We ended up 2-4. Brown played well and was a reason for that "unexpectedly hot" 2-4 record. :lol:

Couldn't have predicted the falloff at C this year, really. So, it understandably was not a priority. Even if we had gotten Lindebaum, would have made us better than 2-4? (Can't believe I'm arguing in favor of a 2-4 record. Jeez. Cardinal life.)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was heading for 1400 yards and 10 TD's before injury so hard to say it was a bad trade.

In hindsight with Hudson's injury issue you could throw doubt on it but we could do that with most decisions in hindsight.

With Nuk's suspension, Hollywood's connection with Kyler and Kirk leaving in FA along with all receivers off the board I think it was a fair decision.

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Never likes it because it is a 2 year rental and right now you're not even getting two years of play out of him and he may not play the rest of the season. You trade away a first round pick for two years of play. Yes, they can tag him however that means you tie up $20 million in Brown and is he worth $20 million? Does anyone see him as a top 10 WR? I see it as a waste of a first round pick.

Yeah, you can argue Keim would have blown it anyhow, but even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. At least you would get 5 years of control instead of two. Does anyone really think Brown would stick around just to play with Murray?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we build a good offensive line this offseason, all will be forgiven.

Hump, Pugh, Hudson, Hernandez, Beachum was a perfectly good O line to start the season. Although Beachum should be replaced by Jones. But the injuries have been an issue.

But if he has 5 All pro's in there injuries can still be an issue.

They should have upgraded backup Center. Harlow was never good enough and I said so in the offseason. That was the biggest issue.

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Incomplete.
Agree, and not just because of his play and the injury but because we need to see how his contract plays out, if/how much we extend him for, and if this impacts what we do with D-Hop long term.

Also, re: us taking Linderbaum at #23, the trade was agreed to in advance of the draft and announced right after the Ravens made their own pick (before #23), so there wasn't a way to be sure he would have even been there at the time we agreed to the trade. Hindsight is always 20/20 after the fact.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I couldn't find anything on just the line however I found this, the most expensive offenses in 2022.
You must be registered for see images attach
Out of the top 10 I'd say everyone is getting their money's worth but us. Even Dan Snyder is outmaneuvering Bidwill. After reading the Defense thread, I'm convinced we'll be the worst team in football by years end. Statistically and just by eyeballing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA