Radio

Dr. Dumas

Registered
Reaction score
This morning while I was drinking my coffee, reading the sports section and listening to the Stern show, a Suns advertisment came on. the ad had to do with getting people to buy season tickets for the upcoming season. The funny part about it was that it mentioned Nash, Amare, Marion, but no Joe Johnson.

Do you think that the Suns management left JJ out of the advertisment for a reason?

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
Dr. Dumas said:
This morning while I was drinking my coffee, reading the sports section and listening to the Stern show, a Suns advertisment came on. the ad had to do with getting people to buy season tickets for the upcoming season. The funny part about it was that it mentioned Nash, Amare, Marion, but no Joe Johnson.

Do you think that the Suns management left JJ out of the advertisment for a reason?

My opinion ... We are looking too much into these things. I honestly dont think that a radio ad or even what Gambo says really means anything. I think we have to tough it out until the appropriate time to see what happens. I would be shocked if JJ is not a sun when all is said and done. That's not what I'm worried about. Im worried more about the fact that we need another big that can play and I'm not sure how we're gonna get him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No kidding...

Offseasons around here are pretty ridiculous... No mention of Joe Johnson in a commercial, no picture of Shawn Marion in the header of Suns.com... sheesh, we all need to just calm the heck down.

OP
OP
D

Dr. Dumas

Registered
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
No kidding...

Offseasons around here are pretty ridiculous... No mention of Joe Johnson in a commercial, no picture of Shawn Marion in the header of Suns.com... sheesh, we all need to just calm the heck down.

Trust me-I'm not panicking or even losing one ounch of sleep over the JJ issue. I just thought that it was interesting that the radio ad was promoting Nash, Amare, Marion and no JJ. Of course there is no way of knowing whether or not by leaving JJ out of it really means anything; just thought it was interesting.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Did they mention either D'Antoni or Kurt Thomas? Maybe they're on their way out as well?!?

;) Just Kidding

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This is the pic on the front page of suns.com

You must be registered for see images

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
If Bo is 6'8" and Both Shawn and JJ are 6'7", then why, in that picture, do the Matrix and JJ seem to be an inch taller than Bo? Is Bo standing in a hole in the ground?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SactownSunsFan said:
If Bo is 6'8" and Both Shawn and JJ are 6'7", then why, in that picture, do the Matrix and JJ seem to be an inch taller than Bo? Is Bo standing in a hole in the ground?

I read it sometime back, perhaps a couple years ago, that JJ was listed at 6'8" but had grown to 6'9".

I can't remember the source other than I read the Arizona Republic a lot.

Some players like to be listed taller than their actual height and some like to stay on the smaller side of their actual height. Perhaps JJ likes to be listed at 6'7".

I think JJ is a legit 6'8", but perhaps actually closer to 6'9".

I remember on a post game interview with Amare last year, he remarked JJ could even play the 4 if needed. Looking at the picture noted, he does indeed look like he could play the PF position if he desired. Actually this is one of my fantasies: Amare/center; Shawn/SF; JJ/PF; Nash/PG and Jackson/Bell/SG.

This combination could be deadly for short periods of time during the game.

I know most of these players have been on the court together, but I don't remember JJ playing like a PF which I believe he has the ability to do.

Anyway, his versatility is another reason the Suns need to get him signed.

Last edited:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
No kidding...

LOL

Chap, you seem to be the only one worked up here. It is the off-season. It's relatively boring right now. If no one was talking about the possibility that JJ might not be here next season there would be almost no activity here.

Joe

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
LOL

Chap, you seem to be the only one worked up here. It is the off-season. It's relatively boring right now. If no one was talking about the possibility that JJ might not be here next season there would be almost no activity here.

Joe

sigh...

I never said anything about not discussing JJ... I was commenting on all the ways people are getting paranoid about whether or not we're going to sign him.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SactownSunsFan said:

It's probably an optical illusion, but I have little doubt that JJ is heavier than listed. Perhaps he is a bit taller too, although unless they use him at forward it makes little difference. One of the reasons the Suns have no choice but re-sign JJ is that he is able to play four positions including PG. He creates mismatches at almost every position he plays at where he is either bigger or quicker than his opponents - but he has the potential of creating major matchup problems when he is at the point.

The only logical reason for the Hawks to chance JJ is to have him play the point, which is the same reason the Suns can't afford to let him go. Look at how much success Billips had against Parker in the finals: 20.4 ppg, 6.3 assists, and 5 rpg. He simply overpowered Parker. But Billips is just 6'3" 202 to Parker's 6'2" 177.

If Parker couldn't keep Billips out of the paint, how is he going to stop JJ? Putting him on Bell or Jackson is not likely to be an improvement for the Spurs. Attacking Parker appears to be a great way to tear apart the great Spur defense, because to give Parker help would leave someone like Amare wide open.

Last edited: