Weird Prediction from Pittsburgh Sports Radio

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I was listening to 93.7 the Fan just a few minutes ago, and they came out with a bizarre prediction: Gannon will be the first fired coach this season. Their reasoning? "Whispers" behind the scenes that he's trying to take all of Nick Siriani's credit on defense--whispers coming out of Philly, of course. Why Cook and Joe--two otherwise good sports radio personalities--would buy that is beyond me. I mean, I'm as dark as the dark side comes, but that's patently ridiculous. Gannon would have to hump Bidwill's wife in front of him to get fired, no matter what happens.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was listening to 93.7 the Fan just a few minutes ago, and they came out with a bizarre prediction: Gannon will be the first fired coach this season. Their reasoning? "Whispers" behind the scenes that he's trying to take all of Nick Siriani's credit on defense--whispers coming out of Philly, of course. Why Cook and Joe--two otherwise good sports radio personalities--would buy that is beyond me. I mean, I'm as dark as the dark side comes, but that's patently ridiculous. Gannon would have to hump Bidwill's wife in front of him to get fired, no matter what happens.
You mean this?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Pretty sure Michael isn't married, so that would be a miracle in itself...lol Regardless, that's a totally crazy take and I don't believe it at all.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The implication is he is a fraud and thus he will be exposed when our defense sucks this year. That it will look disorganized and basically all the same snafus that Kliff had when it came to running the offense.

It also projects that Gannon has not delegated any responsibility to his DC.

All while forgetting our team is in a rebuild mode.

Or does he somehow rationalize that they'll fire Gannon after one year for optics' sake in order to somehow cancel out firing Wilks after one year?

Kind of funny though. I guess some people will believe anything about the Arizona Cardinals. We mean that little to them it's easy to suspend any rationality. But given our history, there is an element of truth in buying buffoonery about us.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It really seems like when Philly fans turn on you they just take it too ridiculous extremes.

They hate Gannon so he sucks and will be the first coach fired in the NFL this season is what I am getting out of this.

I have already seen enough to know he is far better than Wilks, and he almost got a second season from Bidwill.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Your more grey side than dark side lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
LMAO...damn Pittsburgh sports...

This game is gonna go so badly for shittsburgh it's gonna get a name...

The Steel City Stomping.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Well in the same vein of thinking, I really believe my neighbor is disposing of dead bodies because he takes his trash out every week at the same time and it's always full....just as plausible lol

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Foolishness - chances of us winning the Super Bowl are higher than Gannon getting fired (both of which are pretty fricken low)

I just hope we can weather the storm of this year and still bring his hype going into next year

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It really seems like when Philly fans turn on you they just take it too ridiculous extremes.

They hate Gannon so he sucks and will be the first coach fired in the NFL this season is what I am getting out of this.

I have already seen enough to know he is far better than Wilks, and he almost got a second season from Bidwill.
Let's not forget what many Philly fans truly are.....douchebags. They themselves booed and hissed when the Eagles even hired Siriani. They themselves said Siriani would be fired after one season. I live in Eagles country & have many friends that are diehard Eagles fans. I didn't go to any SB parties last year, because these people turn into absolute idiots once the games start. I root against that team EVERY chance I get.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of Coworkers who are huge Eagles fans. They don't like JG very much as they still follow the Phili news.

I make it a point every day to remind them that the entire reason the Eagles lost the Super Bowl was that JG was more worried about preparing for his new HC interview than preparing for the Super Bowl. It gets them riled up every time and I get a kick out of provoking Eagles fans.

:cool: