Q & A With Amare Stoudemire

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dustbuster said:
Was this a response to my post, because if it is, I don't think you read my intent AT ALL. I wholeheartedly disagree with you that everyone has a realistic understanding of Amare's deficiencies, or else they wouldn't immediately jump upon someone that points them out. And the fact that someone has the potential to improve any problem area is in no way a guarantee that they will do so, particularly if he receives constantly all that I said above in my previous post...

And I don't recall anyone saying that he was going to be a problem, only that such priviledged treatment often creates problems.

But thanks for the quick and final dismissal of my point, despite the fact that you cited no facts or real arguments. That allows leads to hearty discussion and debate.:rolleyes:

Settle down, chief. I never attacked you, no need to get all bent out of shape. I disagree that a problem will be created, that's all. And I think it's too extreme to EXPECT that one will be created.

What facts are you wanting me to cite? The facts are basically what he said in the interview and how he's performed year after year. The rest is all speculation. You (or at least baltimore) are afraid that problems could be created after reading his interview. I disagree. What's wrong with that, other than for some reason getting you all angry?

Dustbuster

Veteran
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Settle down, chief. I never attacked you, no need to get all bent out of shape. I disagree that a problem will be created, that's all. And I think it's too extreme to EXPECT that one will be created.

What facts are you wanting me to cite? The facts are basically what he said in the interview and how he's performed year after year. The rest is all speculation. You (or at least baltimore) are afraid that problems could be created after reading his interview. I disagree. What's wrong with that, other than for some reason getting you all angry?

How about this summary dismissal?
Definitely wrong on that account too
That's not debate or disagreeing, that's dismissal.

I don't think there is ANYBODY on this board that doesn't understand the realistic shortcomings of Amare's game currently, most specifically, on the defensive end.
And this is a generalization that could hardly be true of any group of fans, regardless of how informed they might be...not a fact at all. I'm not angry at you, Chaplain, and I don't mind you disagreeing with me. But I will not accept a post that I put time and thought into being summarily dismissed simply because you happen to disagree with me.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dustbuster said:
And this is a generalization that could hardly be true of any group of fans, regardless of how informed they might be...not a fact at all. I'm not angry at you, Chaplain, and I don't mind you disagreeing with me. But I will not accept a post that I put time and thought into being summarily dismissed simply because you happen to disagree with me.

So does this mean you believe that there are people on this board that think that Amare is a perfect player? I suppose that could be possible, and like you, I would disagree with that. Remember, also, that everything is "IMO" as well. I would hope I wouldn't have to put that on every single post I ever write. Sorry if you took it as "dismissal", we were having a pretty solid disagreement. Apparently, you don't agree?

Although now I'm wondering what exactly we ARE disagreeing about... :)

Oh, and it's "Chaplin", not "Chaplain"--I'm definitely no man of God! ;)

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Did anybody else read between the lines that Amare is not in love with JJ.

He listed the guys he's talked to and left JJ out and when specifically aske dabout JJ he gave a short PC answer that basically sounded to me like he could care less whether JJ leaves or not.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I crack up when I read a lot of stuff from Amare Stoudemire. I'm amazed he can get off the ground with that huge head on the shoulders. IMo it's funnier than it is annoying because it seems so innocent. I love the part where he's talking about how his camp will be such a big thing to these kids because HE is there playing with them. The only thing that ever scares me is where he seems to forget that he plays on a team at times. When he was talking about that Game 4 he says repeatedly that HE would not let the team lose instead of WE would not lose.

I think he's a great player, and he's only going to get better. The stuff about the extension was a bit disturbing. It really would not surprise me if his extension has a player option after three years. If he can get away with it would be extremely smart. He'll get a chance to make sure that the Phoenix Suns are going to stay in contention for titles at that point, and he should be eligible for the super max.

Joe Mama

Errntknght

Reaction score
Joe, "The stuff about the extension was a bit disturbing. It really would not surprise me if his extension has a player option after three years. If he can get away with it would be extremely smart. He'll get a chance to make sure that the Phoenix Suns are going to stay in contention for titles at that point, and he should be eligible for the super max."

Of course, it's a bit disturbing to me, too, but if it's very disturbing to Sarver then it may be a good thing. It gives him lots of leverage and if he uses it to encourage Sarver to spend the money to keep the team contending that's good, but if he starts to play GM then it could turn sour. (Though so far his record is pretty good along that line - as he seemed to give his strongest support to acquiring Nash and KT.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison