PS4

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$399?

Damn that's pretty good. I'm a huge fan of Uncharted and the MLB the Show series so it's tempting. I'll still hold out for at least a year though for the library to build up and some of the game prices to drop a little. Hell, we just bought Gears of War 3 for $15 and Fallout 3 for $4. A little late to the party!
I am always late to the party too but it saves me a ton of money so its cool.

No you pay $60 for a year subscription that works out to $5 a month. To have a monthly subscription it is $9.99

To be more on an even plane 3 months for live is 24.99 and PS plus is 17.99 for 3 months. Also plus will carry over with no additional cost while live will not.

I buy a year at a time so yes, its 5 a month. Do you plan only only gaming one month at a time or something? Funny thing to complain about when if you just pony up, its the same cost.

but w.e, I guess I am just not the budget warrior that everyone else is. Looking past all the silly complaints of the xbox watchjing you and the MONTHLY cost being more unless you buy the annual subscription that most people pay, the consoles look very good. It looks like the xbox has a little more but that is reflected in the price as well. Looks like another great 8 years of games is on its way!

I honestly didnt even know you could go month to month, I chose annual renewal when xbox live first started on the first xbox :shrug:

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I am always late to the party too but it saves me a ton of money so its cool.

I buy a year at a time so yes, its 5 a month. Do you plan only only gaming one month at a time or something? Funny thing to complain about when if you just pony up, its the same cost.

but w.e, I guess I am just not the budget warrior that everyone else is. Looking past all the silly complaints of the xbox watchjing you and the MONTHLY cost being more unless you buy the annual subscription that most people pay, the consoles look very good. It looks like the xbox has a little more but that is reflected in the price as well. Looks like another great 8 years of games is on its way!

I honestly didnt even know you could go month to month, I chose annual renewal when xbox live first started on the first xbox :shrug:

I work a lot so I only have it active for like the first 3-6 months madden or a new COD game comes out after im done and I havent used live in a month I deactivate it then reactivate it when a games comes out I want to play in multiplayer. Its not that I need that extra money in this economy every penny helps and its a waste for me to buy a year when I wont use it as much.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's funny that three of the seven bullets of this meme have to do with trading/re-selling in games. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't live and breathe in the video game resale market. I"ll guess that a good portion of the "OMGZ Micro$oft" outrage has more to do with cutting into the allowance subsidy that these games are good for after the kid beats his Christmas gift in six hours.

I'll end up buying the system that has the games I want to play. All the other stuff is noise to me.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
its kinda funny all the people complaining about the need to be online, ive had broadband in my house for like 8 years - not sure why its an issue unless you are overseas or something. Also have subscribed to xbox live happily without blinking for quite some time now too.

As much as a lot of us take high speed internet for granted these days, it's still fairly common for people not to have access to it. I have family in the Valley that don't have access to it because they live in a neighborhood that's a county island. Cox and Qwest don't offer there because it's an older neighborhood that has a low density so it's not worth it for them to pay for the infrastructure. That's here in Phoenix, not out in the middle of the woods somewhere.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work a lot so I only have it active for like the first 3-6 months madden or a new COD game comes out after im done and I havent used live in a month I deactivate it then reactivate it when a games comes out I want to play in multiplayer. Its not that I need that extra money in this economy every penny helps and its a waste for me to buy a year when I wont use it as much.

makes sense I suppose. I dont even game online that much these days but I do download a lot of games and updates, watch netflix and hulu with it and etc. I get budgeting and etc too - its part of my job but at the same time on visit to happy hour can run me $60. $60 for a year of live is no biggie for me.

I am hoping they bring back the family pack - it was 4 xbox lives for 100 bucks. I would pay the extra 40 to have the kids play on their own gamertags. I imagine a lot more online gaming for them will be happening in the future with t he evolution of kinect too.

As much as a lot of us take high speed internet for granted these days, it's still fairly common for people not to have access to it. I have family in the Valley that don't have access to it because they live in a neighborhood that's a county island. Cox and Qwest don't offer there because it's an older neighborhood that has a low density so it's not worth it for them to pay for the infrastructure. That's here in Phoenix, not out in the middle of the woods somewhere.

I would assume its fairly rare vs fairly common? Either way - I like the fatures it provides.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
If I was still back at home no way I could use the Xbox ...... my house is still on dialup as that is the only viable option

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were a) into gaming much or b) looking for a new console then I'd buy the PS4 over the Xbox One. Sony just punched MS in the groin with this one, with MS only having Kinect 2.0 as win point, IMO.

However, I'm more than happy with my XBOX 360 with Kinect and would rather have it than either of these two new revs.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I am buying the xbox one over ps4. Not sure where you guys and others think Sony destroyed MS with this. Some silly complaints about the xbox one but mainly from just Sony lovers, really. I think both machines are good but prefer Xbox for a few reasons. The kinect technology far exceeds Sony...whatever it is they have and Xbox One it comes included. I hear it doesn't with PS4. I also hear that game restrictions will be coming for PS4 as well..based on the game publisher much like Xbox. The Xbox controller and Xbox live is far better, in my opinion than what Sony throws out there. I am not concerned with the required internet connection but I know it is a concern for a very small % of the gaming population. Sorry, if you consider yourself a "gamer" and have no internet connection just keep walkin'. I don't care about the camera checking me out. Apparently there are setting t o control that and if not, electrical tape will do the trick. I am excited about the HDMI passthrough and being able to control my tv with voice commands-hate looking for the remote all the time. I feel for the $100 difference in price xbox offers many features that the Sony does not. Xbox has owned so much of the market share for so long they stand to lose a little of that but they will still be the industry leader in console gaming.

kps0001

Reaction score
I also hear somewhere that starting 7/1/13 Xbox Live Gold Members are going to get 2 free games a month. I assume those would be downloadable games but still cool. What you got Sony?

*Edit* Plus Smartglass. How could I forget about that? So you can stream stuff to your PS Vita, if you shelled out $ for that. Otherwise I can use my phone or tablet to sync xbox through smartglass. Word!!!

Plus I can play a game and watch tv simultaneously or play a game and skype simultaneously. Not sure how much I would use it but the ability to do so sounds good to me.

So the PS4 has a little better graphics card and RAM. I am sure it isn't that noticeable to the general consumer.

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I also hear somewhere that starting 7/1/13 Xbox Live Gold Members are going to get 2 free games a month. I assume those would be downloadable games but still cool. What you got Sony?

Sony has been doing something like this for awhile now with PS Plus.

kps0001

Reaction score
Sony has been doing something like this for awhile now with PS Plus.

Cool. Are they decent games? I can get games for free on Xbox now but some of them are just indie or arcade type games. I guess now they are going to give you games like Halo 3 and Assassins Creed 2.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I am buying the xbox one over ps4. Not sure where you guys and others think Sony destroyed MS with this. Some silly complaints about the xbox one but mainly from just Sony lovers, really. I think both machines are good but prefer Xbox for a few reasons. The kinect technology far exceeds Sony...whatever it is they have and Xbox One it comes included. I hear it doesn't with PS4. I also hear that game restrictions will be coming for PS4 as well..based on the game publisher much like Xbox. The Xbox controller and Xbox live is far better, in my opinion than what Sony throws out there. I am not concerned with the required internet connection but I know it is a concern for a very small % of the gaming population. Sorry, if you consider yourself a "gamer" and have no internet connection just keep walkin'. I don't care about the camera checking me out. Apparently there are setting t o control that and if not, electrical tape will do the trick. I am excited about the HDMI passthrough and being able to control my tv with voice commands-hate looking for the remote all the time. I feel for the $100 difference in price xbox offers many features that the Sony does not. Xbox has owned so much of the market share for so long they stand to lose a little of that but they will still be the industry leader in console gaming.

I think you have the companies confused, the only game restrictions are coming from xbox which is why all the indies are running to sony to get their games out. Plus on Xbox you cant play used games or play your game at a friends house plus you have to connect your xbox to the internet once every 24 hours in order to play a game. Sony got a standing ovation at E3 when the said there would be no game or online restrictions plus it is $100 cheaper than xbox so guess which one parents will choose. PS I hate kinect I have it now and I just dont like it, its not worth $100

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Xbox controller and Xbox live is far better

The Playstation controller is probably the best hand fitting controller ever made.. It's one of the reasons I have stayed with Playstation for so many years.. Not the only reason, but it played a part..

kps0001

Reaction score
The Playstation controller is probably the best hand fitting controller ever made.. It's one of the reasons I have stayed with Playstation for so many years.. Not the only reason, but it played a part..

Funny. It's one of and probably the main reason I stopped playing playstation. Too small and makes my wrists hurt. Supposedly they improved the ergonomics a bit though.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed, the xbox controllers are the best, hands down. I hate the playstation controllers.

kps0001

Reaction score
I think you have the companies confused, the only game restrictions are coming from xbox which is why all the indies are running to sony to get their games out. Plus on Xbox you cant play used games or play your game at a friends house plus you have to connect your xbox to the internet once every 24 hours in order to play a game. Sony got a standing ovation at E3 when the said there would be no game or online restrictions plus it is $100 cheaper than xbox so guess which one parents will choose. PS I hate kinect I have it now and I just dont like it, its not worth $100

I have nothing confused, my friend. I am just speculating here but the restrictions will come from game publishers not Sony itself. Sony is selling it that they won't restrict it, which may be true for them but not the game publishers, just wait. If game publishers are putting restrictions on their xbox games why wouldn't they for PS4?

As for the used game stuff...

"In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends.

We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or consumers for enabling transfer of these games.”

I am a parent and I choose xbox. :shrug: What is the big deal about the internet connection? You obviously have internet. I just did a quick search and one stat says about 80% of Americans have internet. I don't use Kinect for games but probably will with the new one if it is good as they say it is. However, I will use the voice commands for controlling tv and whatnot. My kids love the kinect. I on't play games at friends homes. My kids might but they, according to the above quote, still will be able to..at least once. ;)

I am not trying to persuade anyone to get the xbox instead of PS4. I just don't think that the PS4 is so much better than xbox one as the E3 reaction is making it seem. Each has positives and negatives. For me the positives of Xbox One exceed PS4. The things that people are saying Xbox lost on mean nothing to me...and will be the same for millions of other users.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If game publishers are putting restrictions on their xbox games why wouldn't they for PS4?

I read an article that said pretty much the opposite.. It said if publishers aren't asking for restrictions, then why is Microsoft forcing the restrictions on their new console?

kps0001

Reaction score
I read an article that said pretty much the opposite.. It said if publishers aren't asking for restrictions, then why is Microsoft forcing the restrictions on their new console?

They aren't forcing anything. They are providing the technology for games to be restricted. They seem to be restricting which retailers you will be able to sell and trade games with though. Not really concerned about that but need more info. Its their choice to form such a partnerships... if any will exist. The actual restriction that everyone is so up in arms about will come from publishers and retailers that choose to do so. This has been going on for years with PC games. I really don't see any difference or the problem.

What Sony is saying is only games made by Sony won't be restricted and there is nothing built into there hardware that would restrict games. Those same game publishers and third party retailers can restrict using their own methods and charge extra fees if they choose so though. They have the same policy as MS.

The other restriction with One is the internet check once every 24 hours. Not really gonna be much of a restriction except for about those 20-25% of Americans with no Internet and I would bet not a whole lot of that group is concerned with buying a One or PS4. I think this is getting blown out of proportion.

This is going to be interesting to see how this console battle continues to play out. I would bet MS continues to hold the market share of console gaming after the dust settles.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What is the HDMI passthrough? Im not familiar with that part or what that is - I already pre ordered my xbox :) Is it possibly that the xbox has hdmi in and out? Right now because of using hdmi my home theatre is not connected - its from prior to hdmi technology.

*Edit* Plus Smartglass. How could I forget about that? So you can stream stuff to your PS Vita, if you shelled out $ for that. Otherwise I can use my phone or tablet to sync xbox through smartglass. Word!!!

Plus I can play a game and watch tv simultaneously or play a game and skype simultaneously. Not sure how much I would use it but the ability to do so sounds good to me.

So the PS4 has a little better graphics card and RAM. I am sure it isn't that noticeable to the general consumer.

Fable 3 is already available for free download NOW. Halo and creed coming soon plus others throughout the end of the year, I believe its 15 days per offer to get your download on. Will be great for years down the line when my son is getting older, hell have a bunch of extra games I never paid for.

Kinect is ok - im hoping it gets better. I like the features of it and my kids like playing kinect games. $100 isnt a lot of money so its no big deal to me, I put $70 in my gas tank last night :shrug: And yes, you can play your games at your friends house. That has been debunked. You also can play used games. You should read the press releases, not the rumors.

IMO playstation controllers are too small but I have large hands.

Funny. It's one of and probably the main reason I stopped playing playstation. Too small and makes my wrists hurt. Supposedly they improved the ergonomics a bit though.

This. The new remote does look cool, im curious of the mousepad thing.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fable 3 is already available for free download NOW. Halo and creed coming soon plus others throughout the end of the year, I believe its 15 days per offer to get your download on. Will be great for years down the line when my son is getting older, hell have a bunch of extra games I never paid for.

Huh?? Where? For 360?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh?? Where? For 360?

yes. its in the games section on the top right last I looked but I downloaded it two days ago when it dropped. You can also get to it on xbox.com Go to fable 3, hit download but choose pay with points, if you do pay with credit card it has an error. If you do pay with points, it will add it to your download queue.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
promotion is called games with gold

Games with Gold” free games offer available 6/10/13-12/31/13 for paid Gold members only. Xbox 360 games (selected by Xbox) available for free download from Marketplace only during specified half-month window; available games may vary by country. Kinect and/or hard drive required for some games. See xbox.com/live."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard