Premier League 2023-2024 Season

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Klopp is gone and he's you're reason, right?

I've always liked Liverpool since I was a kid. I actually liked New Castle the most when I was really young. When I was around 15 or so and started paying more attention in the early 2000s is when I settled on liking Liverpool. I just really happen to like Klopp too.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've always liked Liverpool since I was a kid. I actually liked New Castle the most when I was really young. When I was around 15 or so and started paying more attention in the early 2000s is when I settled on liking Liverpool. I just really happen to like Klopp too.
Gotcha gotcha. One guess why you liked Liverpool better--they were better! Well, a second guess would be that they were on TV more often :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha gotcha. One guess why you liked Liverpool better--they were better! Well, a second guess would be that they were on TV more often :)
Liverpool has always tried to play attractive football as well, even before Klopp. Even the Rafa Benitez led teams were that way.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

That they were. I didn't have much other than the Suns as a kid so I had to find a winning team elsewhere lol!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liverpool bites. Ok, maybe just Suarez.
Suarez and his play style is a major reason I chose Liverpool. He could do things with the ball that one else could do, also his teeth.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think if I were to go for a London Team it'd be the Gunners or Spurs. I just can't get over Arsenal being owned by Kroenke.
One would need to make a choice quickly between those two. I wouldn’t pick either. I’m a spurs fan. they frustrate me a lot.

I started watching the PL in 2002/2003 timeframe. Manchester United and Arsenal were both a lot better then. I actually liked Thierry Henry, but I’ve always refused to root for arsenal or manunited because of their popularity in America.

when I lived in England I watched a lot of spurs games. Spurs were very popular in England, a lot more than in the USA. So I’m still a front runner to some degree. in my time in England I always felt like Liverpool had the most fans wherever I went.

Spurs were playing at wembley during that time so it was easy to get tickets to their matches. I went to spurs vs dortmund to see Christian pulisic play, it was actually very affordable. That got me connected to spurs. Spurs were very good then. It’s been easy to be a spurs supporter because I can watch their games anywhere. I would struggle to keep up with a team like Norwich or Ipswich. I went to a few of their games when I lived there because they were both close by and their fans treated me well. The best live match I ever watched was Norwich vs Newcastle at carrow road. It was a better environment and more exciting than the NLD I went to (that spurs rightfully won). But that one was at wembley. I wish I got to see a match at old white hart lane.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Arsenal has super cool uniforms and lots of fun young players. Their stadium is pretty cool. Man U stinks.
Tottenham’s stadium and uniforms are better. Spurs manager is also less of a cry baby. Arsenal’s players are perhaps better at the moment. We will see if they can avoid another late season slide. Someone said before the last NLD that spurs did not have one player that would be in arsenal’s top 11. That is perhaps close to being accurate with a couple of exceptions. I think Son would be arsenal’s top scorer if he played for them. Thank god he doesn’t.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
To think, I could have done that while I lived in England and actually went to a bunch of games.
That’s how I started rooting for spurs. Going to their games sealed it for me. And I remember getting pissed when they lost in the FA cup. As they do. That’s when i knew I was spursy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
So you're done with Liverfool after this season? Cool :)

Style guide says it's "Liverpoo". Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

I’m a spurs fan.

My condolences.

One thing Newcastle does top the table for is uniforms. Coolest in the PL bar none.
Black and white stripes. Okay. Brighton has the best kit. Palace's kits are pretty good. I like the Tottenham pewters, but I'm in the minority here.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score

My condolences.

Black and white stripes. Okay. Brighton has the best kit. Palace's kits are pretty good. I like the Tottenham pewters, but I'm in the minority here.
Brighton's isn't bad. I never cared for Palace's. Spurs? Meh. Honestly, I liked West Ham's way back (and that they were sponsored by Dr. Martens), and Villa's kits are good.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unrelated, but I am flying to London over the weekend, and was hoping to get a Liverpool game. They are playing at Old Trafford, but I don't want to go there, even if I could get the tickets. When I went in 2017, I saw Liverpool v Man U.

Instead I will be driving down to Exeter and watching a Rugby match.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Unrelated, but I am flying to London over the weekend, and was hoping to get a Liverpool game. They are playing at Old Trafford, but I don't want to go there, even if I could get the tickets. When I went in 2017, I saw Liverpool v Man U.

Every time I've been in England, there's been a break and no games :(

Lorenzo

Reaction score

It’s really tough to get tickets to a premium match like that too without overpaying by a lot. Unless you have a source. It’s probably not worth it considering United are not what they once were. I had a lot of fun going to championship games. I miss going to London and visiting all the different parts of the town.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

My condolences.

Newcastle have a great stadium. Very underrated and their fans are very good. Their uniforms remind me of hamburglar though. I like all of Tottenham’s kits.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s really tough to get tickets to a premium match like that too without overpaying by a lot. Unless you have a source. It’s probably not worth it considering United are not what they once were. I had a lot of fun going to championship games. I miss going to London and visiting all the different parts of the town.
Oh I know. I had to buy the hospitality package when I went in 2017 and I think I paid $350-400 a ticket.