Premier League 2023-2024 Season

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What part? That might really help decide who to support.
About an hour and a half north of London. I think I'm leaning towards a London based team.

Poking around on the Arsenal website, they post full game replays for free. That's unheard of in US based sports.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About an hour and a half north of London. I think I'm leaning towards a London based team.

Poking around on the Arsenal website, they post full game replays for free. That's unheard of in US based sports.
Especially for Premier League too. Liverpool has it, but you need to be a part of their MyLFC subscription.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tottenham would also be a good team. I don't think we have a supporter of Tottenham that posts a lot here.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Skip to 2’ or don’t. The whole thing is awesome.

West Ham or Brighton are the teams you should choose from. Fulham used to have a bunch of USMNT players.

Liverpool are fun AF right now but you might be catching them at the apex.

Avoid United. Subscribe to Peacock.

Don’t pick Burnley even though they’re pretty fun and JJ Watt and the Dude Perfect jamokes are in the Ownership group.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I DECLARE FREE AGENCY!

So I've been watching a bunch of the Champions League this week for really the first time ever, and it's weird because I'm actually looking forward to the games starting each day. I have zero allegiances, but I've watched some of the All or Nothing series in the past.

How did you guys pick which team to follow? What did you consider when picking a team?

Picking a team that is readily televised in the US seems important. Liverpool seems to have an incredible YouTube channel where they show a ton of behind the scenes stuff, which is awesome, but aren't they basically the Cowboys of the Premier League? Arsenal and Manchester United seem to have incredible stadiums.
I got into soccer really right before Barcelona's heyday, basically right after Ronaldihno left the team, going into Messi's golden years. Arsenal was simply the closest thing to that kind of tiki taka football, and they had Thierry Henry, so that helped.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Skip to 2’ or don’t. The whole thing is awesome.

West Ham or Brighton are the teams you should choose from. Fulham used to have a bunch of USMNT players.

Liverpool are fun AF right now but you might be catching them at the apex.

Avoid United. Subscribe to Peacock.

Don’t pick Burnley even though they’re pretty fun and JJ Watt and the Dude Perfect jamokes are in the Ownership group.
You know, West Ham United because of their song, and Green Street Hooligans make them have some serious curb appeal. Also, Pick Up Trucks.

Last edited:

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Relegation seems wild the more I look into it.

So Burnley, Sheffield United and Luton Town were all promoted from the Championship last year after being the top 3 teams, and this season they are the bottom 3 teams in the Premier League looking at relegation. Zero grace period given.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

So Burnley, Sheffield United and Luton Town were all promoted from the Championship last year after being the top 3 teams, and this season they are the bottom 3 teams in the Premier League looking at relegation. Zero grace period given.
THE BEST

Imagine Vanderbilt having to go to the MAC if they end up at the bottom of the SEC.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Luton needs to go. They got up 3-0 on Bournemouth yesterday and couldn't hold it after halftime. What a bunch of nonces.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

It usually doesn't work out that way, but pretty much everyone saw this year's promotees as an especially weak group. Although relegation could come down to which team has the least amount of points reduced from their total based on financial fair play penalties!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Luton needs to go. They got up 3-0 on Bournemouth yesterday and couldn't hold it after halftime. What a bunch of nonces.
Luton probably deserves to go back down since their ownership didn't invest in building an EPL quality team, but I'd like to see them stay up as the scrappy underdog. If their ownership was committed to building like Brighton has it could turn into a similar story to that, but it's doubtful at this point. Luton are building a new and bigger stadium - which was part of the catalyst for Brighton. Having a local billionaire owner for Brighton has helped a lot too though!!

Like Luton, Brighton was almost a near unanimous pick to finish dead last their first year in the EPL, and scraped through a couple of relegation battles early on before building themselves up through an exceptional talent management strategy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Luton probably deserves to go back down since their ownership didn't invest in building an EPL quality team, but I'd like to see them stay up as the scrappy underdog. If their ownership was committed to building like Brighton has it could turn into a similar story to that, but it's doubtful at this point. Luton are building a new and bigger stadium - which was part of the catalyst for Brighton. Having a local billionaire owner for Brighton has helped a lot too though!!

Like Luton, Brighton was almost a near unanimous pick to finish dead last their first year in the EPL, and scraped through a couple of relegation battles early on before building themselves up through an exceptional talent management strategy.
Also TikToks of fans entering and exiting Luton's stadium literally never get old.

Do I need to see more of Leeds or Leicester City? Probably not. Ipswich, though?

Feel bad for Burnley. They had a great strategy to build mindshare but are five full points out of safety with a BRUTAL schedule ahead.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also TikToks of fans entering and exiting Luton's stadium literally never get old.

Do I need to see more of Leeds or Leicester City? Probably not. Ipswich, though?

Feel bad for Burnley. They had a great strategy to build mindshare but are five full points out of safety with a BRUTAL schedule ahead.
Am I crazy to think the other teams in the relegation zone are not that much better than Luton who didn't spend to field an EPL side?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Am I crazy to think the other teams in the relegation zone are not that much better than Luton who didn't spend to field an EPL side?
The point of relegation is that there's not much difference between the worst EPL teams and the best Championship teams, right?

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
100% not.

Big 6 = Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea.
Septic 6, more like. Try to form a breakaway league and ruin English soccer? Here's a slap on the wrist fine. Dare to spend too much money to catch up to the Septic 6? POINTS DEDUCTION! RELEGATE THOSE PEONS!!! lol

That said, Newcastle are actively trying to join the Septic 6 lol

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I DECLARE FREE AGENCY!

So I've been watching a bunch of the Champions League this week for really the first time ever, and it's weird because I'm actually looking forward to the games starting each day. I have zero allegiances, but I've watched some of the All or Nothing series in the past.

How did you guys pick which team to follow? What did you consider when picking a team?

Picking a team that is readily televised in the US seems important. Liverpool seems to have an incredible YouTube channel where they show a ton of behind the scenes stuff, which is awesome, but aren't they basically the Cowboys of the Premier League? Arsenal and Manchester United seem to have incredible stadiums.
I was playing FIFA '98 while stationed in Germany. Obviously started out in the English Premiership. I learned there was a team with the same name as my home town and with really cool unis. Thus my love for all things Magpies was born. And the Mags won the league the very next year (in the game).