Per Jurecki on Twitter ...... Cardinals sign DE Frosty Rucker

asuhoopsnut

Registered
Reaction score
Per Jurecki on Twitter ...... Cardinals sign DE Frostee Rucker

Mike Jurecki ‏@mikejurecki 1m

I'm hearing Cardinals have signed defensive and Frosty Rucker who played in Cleveland last year. #depth
Expand

Last edited:

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
He is supposed to be a good run defender from what I am reading. 6-3 280 was drafted in the 3rd round by Cinci in 2006

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
:confused: different positions right?

Good question.

I thought he would be more of a OLB'er, but I see where you are coming from that he could be looked at as a DE (3-4 DE)

It would make more sense that he would back up the DE's, and they will keep David Carter as the back up NT.

I dunno. I am a little unsure of where he will be played.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
He's apparently a solid run defender who doesn't fit Horton's version of the 3-4 defense. Good locker room guy which seems to fit what BA is looking for.

The 29-year-old Rucker spent six seasons with Cincinnati before signing last March with Cleveland. He established himself as a leader in the Browns' locker room and Rucker was a staunch supporter of coach Pat Shurmur and general manager Tom Heckert, who were both fired after the Browns went 5-11 last season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000136487/article/frostee-rucker-released-by-cleveland-browns

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
:confused: different positions right?

Good question.

I thought he would be more of a OLB'er, but I see where you are coming from that he could be looked at as a DE (3-4 DE)

It would make more sense that he would back up the DE's, and they will keep David Carter as the back up NT.

I dunno. I am a little unsure of where he will be played.

My first assumption was he would going to be a OLBer

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im betting backup at 3-4 DE espec at that size

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Well it definately looks like they're going to go OL or OLB in the 1st Rd. though. Shaunessy and now Rucker added to DL.

2nd Rd. wide open as well, but I expect a QB there.

Sam Wise

Big, Dumb, Stupid Looking
Reaction score
DE Frostee Rucker signs

Not a huge signing, but definately give depth at DE, starter last two years, may allow DD to move inside or be a rotational guy. Like it.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I really like the fact that it appears that we have gotten bigger and younger on the defensive side. We may be a bit stouter against the run. That will be a huge change from years past.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I really like the fact that it appears that we have gotten bigger and younger on the defensive side. We may be a bit stouter against the run. That will be a huge change from years past.

If you look at all the free agents the Cardinals signed.

They are physically much bigger then what we are used to seeing.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dude is not special as far as a pass rusher but plays the run well, very solid defender

He had 4 sacks each of the past 2 years. Considering the fact that Ronald Talley, Vonnie Holliday, and Nick Eason combined for a paltry 2 sacks total I would say it was a significant upgrade.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good pickup, cheap 1 year contract, has been a starter.
That's been the main theme in this here free agency, tankmode dot com. Looks like 2014 is when we'll be signing multiple year deals, it's not like a team can live off of numerous 1 year sigs each year. This plan is full on now that we got rid of Kolb, 2013 is a year of reflection and new direction.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard