Per Jurecki on Twitter ...... Cardinals sign DE Frosty Rucker

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, we sure are signing a lot of DEs.
1. Makes me wonder about Dockett's future. Or
2. Are we, in fact, going to run a 4-3, with Dockett and Williams at DTs and Campbell and these signings at DE. I really didn't think that Bowles would run that D.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That's been the main theme in this here free agency, tankmode dot com. Looks like 2014 is when we'll be signing multiple year deals, it's not like a team can live off of numerous 1 year sigs each year. This plan is full on now that we got rid of Kolb, 2013 is a year of reflection and new direction.

It's not just the Cards - a lot of teams are taking players on 1-2 year deals because the players want to make it back to free agency when the cap increases. It doesn't mean we can't extend some of these guys that are really successful.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's interesting that quite a few of the defenders we've picked up are stated by various media reports to be good at stopping the run.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, we sure are signing a lot of DEs.
1. Makes me wonder about Dockett's future. Or
2. Are we, in fact, going to run a 4-3, with Dockett and Williams at DTs and Campbell and these signings at DE. I really didn't think that Bowles would run that D.

I think we are just filling the holes on the roster after we let the older guys like Nick Eason and Vonnie Holiday walk.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Hype.

What has Butler done ?

12 sacks & numerous pressures for a very limited time player for 3 yrs is pretty impressive. Have you ever seen him for extended amounts of time in Cowpuke Silver? Considering he's done almost as much as Schohawk & Acho we should be turning over every rock trying to add an edge rusher.

Give me a break if you think the ST dude from the Skins is going to amount to anything on the defensive side of the ball.

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
DD needs to step up to his want a new early contract potential- you know since he got a top contract. Frosty might take his spot.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Good pickup. He fills the Holliday role and better run defender.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
12 sacks & numerous pressures for a very limited time player for 3 yrs is pretty impressive. Have you ever seen him for extended amounts of time in Cowpuke Silver? Considering he's done almost as much as Schohawk & Acho we should be turning over every rock trying to add an edge rusher.

Give me a break if you think the ST dude from the Skins is going to amount to anything on the defensive side of the ball.

If he is about as good as Schofield and Acho then why not keep those two, and wait for a better opportunity.

The question is why doesn't the Cardinals at least knock on Elvis Dumervil's door ?

BTW - I try to watch the Cowboys as little as possible, unless they are getting beat. Then I watch.

Oh, and no, I don't think Alexander is going to be a pass rusher for us.

.............I think Alex Okafor will be tho. :D

THESMEL

Reaction score
I miss Cosell

I miss Howard Cosell getting tight on MNF- He was extremely well prepared but if the game got away- so did the Howster!

Gruden could use about a quart of wild Turkey to loosen up his lips.

Talking about a time capsule- halftime highlights from Cards against the undefeated Dolphins in 1972- Franco Harris rookie- Archie Manning- Leroy Kelly- just a bunch of mud, blood and beer- makes your nuts swell like Braveheart- AHHHGGG

link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBHTu3ie_kY

I'm waiting for the first mix up of the first letters of his names...

Last edited:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I definitely didn't see this one coming. It's kind of odd that we signed him after Cleveland deemed him a poor fit for a 3-4, but I'm interested to see what he can do.

Keim seems to be focused on solidifying the trenches. I like it.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
That's been the main theme in this here free agency, tankmode dot com. Looks like 2014 is when we'll be signing multiple year deals, it's not like a team can live off of numerous 1 year sigs each year. This plan is full on now that we got rid of Kolb, 2013 is a year of reflection and new direction.

Yeah, I really wish we threw a ton of money/long-term contract at guys like the Dolphins did. I'd be surprised if any of those guys see the playoffs with Miami.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
I miss Howard Cosell getting tight on MNF- He was extremely well prepared but if the game got away- so did the Howster!

Gruden could use about a quart of wild Turkey to loosen up his lips.

Talking about a time capsule- halftime highlights from Cards against the undefeated Dolphins in 1972- Franco Harris rookie- Archie Manning- Leroy Kelly- just a bunch of mud, blood and beer- makes your nuts swell like Braveheart- AHHHGGG

link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBHTu3ie_kY

Don't forget about my favorite former cardinal with the mixed up name, Rusty Lisch...

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Why would any DE sign with AZ other than out of desperation for a paycheck?

We have two of the best 3-4 DEs in the NFL and a solid #3 in Carter

I'm confused. As usual.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Why would any DE sign with AZ other than out of desperation for a paycheck?

We have two of the best 3-4 DEs in the NFL and a solid #3 in Carter

I'm confused. As usual.

It's for the 4 man rush---our 34OLBers have not translated well as 4 man rush DEs. Plus, Shaughnessy and Rucker can rush from the inside as well.

DE Shaughnessy
DT Campbell
DT Dockett
DE Rucker

The hope is too that Lorenzo Alexander can be a 4 man rush DE. I believe he may surprise us with his ability to do that.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Arians beefs up both lines (signing dline FA's for depth and oline thru draft) then I will be a happy camper regardless of wins/losses this year. If they're truly building inside out then that's a path to success IMO. Guess we'll see what we have after the draft.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'm afraid Frosty has a little baggage though. Some kind of sex assault charge or something similar from back around 2007 or 2008.

Not saying he doesn't deserve a second chance or anything, it's just something that might have lowered his FMV.

THESMEL

Reaction score
stoney Case man

Just a stoney case man-

Frosty the Lineman - was melancholy foe
with pork chop right and a football nose-
He knocks QB's stiff and cold!

Like I said DD better step up to his paycheck- or he'll get
Frosty Ruckered!

Don't forget about my favorite former cardinal with the mixed up name, Rusty Lisch...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It's for the 4 man rush---our 34OLBers have not translated well as 4 man rush DEs. Plus, Shaughnessy and Rucker can rush from the inside as well.

DE Shaughnessy
DT Campbell
DT Dockett
DE Rucker

The hope is too that Lorenzo Alexander can be a 4 man rush DE. I believe he may surprise us with his ability to do that.

That actually is a pretty good DL in my opinion

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Is this the same Frostee Rucker that was arrested for spousal battery in 2005 when he played for the Bengals? I can't imagine it being anyone else with that name. Seems like he was always involved in episodes with women, much like Rothlisberger. Don't know the results of any of the accusations though.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

DE Shaughnessy
DT Campbell
DT Dockett
DE Rucker

I don't see it. We're going back to a 4-3? Wasting the draft picks of Acho and Schofield who would have no place in such a lineup?

DWash plays Wolb. Brinkley the middle. Who plays SOLB? Alexander?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

DE Shaughnessy
DT Campbell
DT Dockett
DE Rucker

I don't see it that way. Shaughnessy and Rucker are rotational guys to give Campbell and Dockett the occasional break and keep them fresh.

Williams and Carter will split time at NT.