Peacemaker (HBO Max)

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I will say that Cena is good but I just couldn't get past the F word fest. I am not a prude and have said the word myself on occasion but don't care for it every other word in a movie. That and the friend that made up the imaginary pregnant girlfriend who was getting an abortion was enough for my wife and me to check out. Just too silly, which is probably the point of it but not really funny to us.

Different strokes for different folks :)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just finished binging it. Took about three days.

Loved the opening credit sequence a lot and John Cena impressed me a lot. I still don’t think he’s a good physical comedy actor—he has no real expression in his face — but he’s pretty nails in the action scenes.

Loved the cameos at the end but there was one that was missing that I was surprised by.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say that Cena is good but I just couldn't get past the F word fest. I am not a prude and have said the word myself on occasion but don't care for it every other word in a movie. That and the friend that made up the imaginary pregnant girlfriend who was getting an abortion was enough for my wife and me to check out. Just too silly, which is probably the point of it but not really funny to us.

Uh... did I miss an episode... or entire plot line in Peacemaker? Don’t remember the imaginary pregnant girlfriend thing at all.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Uh... did I miss an episode... or entire plot line in Peacemaker? Don’t remember the imaginary pregnant girlfriend thing at all.
Uh...maybe you did...it was in the first episode. Fanboy of Peacemaker, doing his "butt dance" and then talking outside with another dude. Girlfriend's name was Sharon Osborne...etc., etc. Think his name was Carl. Maybe she wasn't imaginary, didn't watch the rest.

Anyway, just wasn't our cup of tea. No big deal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh...maybe you did...it was in the first episode. Fanboy of Peacemaker, doing his "butt dance" and then talking outside with another dude. Girlfriend's name was Sharon Osborne...etc., etc. Think his name was Carl. Maybe she wasn't imaginary, didn't watch the rest.

Anyway, just wasn't our cup of tea. No big deal.
Weird. I literally have zero recollection of that.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skip the first Suicide Squad.

The second one is much better and better if you watch realizing it's pure ridiculousness, you should enjoy it. John Cena is hilarious in Suicide Squad and follows it up with even more hilarity in Peacemaker.

We thoroughly enjoyed the Suicide Squad II. Miles better than the first one.

We're two episodes into Peacemaker and it has potential. I'm not blown away at this point, but we're still interested enough to keep going.

The opening dance number is pretty tremendous!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Heh stay away from anyone in the military then lol.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished binging it. Took about three days.

Loved the opening credit sequence a lot and John Cena impressed me a lot. I still don’t think he’s a good physical comedy actor—he has no real expression in his face — but he’s pretty nails in the action scenes.

Loved the cameos at the end but there was one that was missing that I was surprised by.
This is more of he fits the part type scenario. I wonder who you were surprised was missing?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Batman. He was mentioned so much and they didn’t need the actual actors, so I was surprised.[\spoiler]
Ah. Yep, they could have done the same thing. Although, it would have sparked questions about which one likely. Maybe that's why.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Batman. He was mentioned so much and they didn’t need the actual actors, so I was surprised.[\spoiler]
That character is still their crown jewel. I feel like WB would feel like they were slumming it with with character if they brought him down to Peacemaker’s level.... so to speak.

The other two... well, no one really cares about one of them and the other one plays in a totally ridiculous world as well, not to mention the actor seems down for anything.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That character is still their crown jewel. I feel like WB would feel like they were slumming it with with character if they brought him down to Peacemaker’s level.... so to speak.

The other two... well, no one really cares about one of them and the other one plays in a totally ridiculous world as well, not to mention the actor seems down for anything.
The had the entire group except for that one character. Does it really matter if he's "brought down to that level"? I just don't buy the "crown jewel" argument. Having him might even add legitimacy. I mean, the other 2 of the "big 3" were there, albeit CGI or stand-ins.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The had the entire group except for that one character. Does it really matter if he's "brought down to that level"? I just don't buy the "crown jewel" argument. Having him might even add legitimacy. I mean, the other 2 of the "big 3" were there, albeit CGI or stand-ins.
So what could be the possible reasoning? I mean it was glaring to have four of the six (and no really thinks about cyborg that much - but you think Justice league and Batman is is usually the first or second member in mind).

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So what could be the possible reasoning? I mean it was glaring to have four of the six (and no really thinks about cyborg that much - but you think Justice league and Batman is is usually the first or second member in mind).
And he was mentioned the most over the length of the series. This is by no means a big deal, just something that stood out to me.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO this comes down to the DC multiverse being a complete cluster of confusion and piss poor planning. It's confused the hell out of fans. It's all over the map between the Movies and TV shows. I don't think they wanted to explain or couldn't explain the multiverse in DC right now. It didn't help that they created a ton of confusion with changes in Suicide Squad 2 at the last minute....decided it's an alternate Universe as a copout to explaining things to fans.

For example, Batfleck was Batman in Suicide Squad 1 because that is the same Universe as the current Justice League we have been watching. The Flash is reintroducing Keaton. The new Batman film is a completely different Batman. That's not counting the TV shows with even more Batmans. So, that would have complicated things further. Which Batman should have been there? Which universe are they really in? I am assuming it's the same SS2 universe. Sure they could have used a generic figure but then what would fans do?

They would all want to know which version was there.

If Suicide Squad 2 was an alternate universe as they say...then that Justice League CANNOT be the same Justice League we have been watching because Peacemaker is a continuation from SS2 which was said to be an alternate universe. So who is Batman in this version? It can't be Batfleck because he was in SS1 universe. So, who is it in this Universe? I seriously doubt they wanted to entangle the new film in this mess.

Unlike Marvel? DC's Multi-verse IS A GIANT CLUSER F. I seriously doubt they thought that far ahead verses.....hey this would be cool to throw that in there.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
IMO this comes down to the DC multiverse being a complete cluster of confusion and piss poor planning. It's confused the hell out of fans. It's all over the map between the Movies and TV shows. I don't think they wanted to explain or couldn't explain the multiverse in DC right now. It didn't help that they created a ton of confusion with changes in Suicide Squad 2 at the last minute....decided it's an alternate Universe as a copout to explaining things to fans.

For example, Batfleck was Batman in Suicide Squad 1 because that is the same Universe as the current Justice League we have been watching. The Flash is reintroducing Keaton. The new Batman film is a completely different Batman. That's not counting the TV shows with even more Batmans. So, that would have complicated things further. Which Batman should have been there? Which universe are they really in? I am assuming it's the same SS2 universe. Sure they could have used a generic figure but then what would fans do?

They would all want to know which version was there.

If Suicide Squad 2 was an alternate universe as they say...then that Justice League CANNOT be the same Justice League we have been watching because Peacemaker is a continuation from SS2 which was said to be an alternate universe. So who is Batman in this version? It can't be Batfleck because he was in SS1 universe. So, who is it in this Universe? I seriously doubt they wanted to entangle the new film in this mess.

Unlike Marvel? DC's Multi-verse IS A GIANT CLUSER F. I seriously doubt they thought that far ahead verses.....hey this would be cool to throw that in there.
I pretty much agree with you on all of this. The only thing I would say is that this upcoming Batman film feels more like a standalone experiment like Joker, and not part of any extended universe, multi- or no. Maybe they'll make it that if this new movie does really well, but for now, I have always felt it's more a reboot of the character and not directly tied to anyone else (except MAYBE Joaquin Phoenix's Joker).

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with you on all of this. The only thing I would say is that this upcoming Batman film feels more like a standalone experiment like Joker, and not part of any extended universe, multi- or no. Maybe they'll make it that if this new movie does really well, but for now, I have always felt it's more a reboot of the character and not directly tied to anyone else (except MAYBE Joaquin Phoenix's Joker).
Except they have already explained that both standalone projects are part of their "multiverse". It's the only way they could explain existing. The Batman is part of Earth 2.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Except they have already explained that both standalone projects are part of their "multiverse". It's the only way they could explain existing. The Batman is part of Earth 2.
Where did you hear that? I haven't heard anything about any of it being part of any multiverse.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you hear that? I haven't heard anything about any of it being part of any multiverse.
There is no such thing as a DC film not being set in one of the existing universes. Walter Harmada confirmed that The Batman takes place in another universe outside the current DCEU. So, that's a fancy way of saying yes, it's an alternate universe but we won't be necessarily connecting to those multi-verses. LOL.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a DC film not being set in one of the existing universes. Walter Harmada confirmed that The Batman takes place in another universe outside the current DCEU.
What does that mean exactly? Giving him an out in case they want to merge universes? The actuality is that it means nothing in the scheme of things.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree to disagree.

Especially if you don’t think that character isn’t the crown jewel.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does that mean exactly? Giving him an out in case they want to merge universes? The actuality is that it means nothing in the scheme of things.
Exactly my point. DC has been playing fast and loose with the entire concept. Using it when they need an explanation and basically saying...yes The Batman and Joker are alternative universes although not connected to the multi-verse storylines. It's all confusing because they never had a plan to begin with. They don't appear to have a cohesive plan now other than to explore a single thread of the multi-verse while continuing with these standalone projects that are "other universes" but not connected. Yeah...OK.

Like I said...cluster.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson