Rome (HBO)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Biting out his tongue? Wick-ed. I love Pullo.

Watching 300 today and Rome tonight...damn, I need to get myself a sword.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didnt someone say that a Japanesse company is paying to have this continued?
Rumor update: It was a Chinese company. On the last day of filming for this season, the reshot the last scene because the Chinese company bought the show. That probably means the show will continue, but it might not be for sure.

This comes from one of the cast members second hand.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will cry when this show ends. It is bar none the best ever.
You are so right. I will weep as well. It was so awesome to see Augustus ream Marc Antony. I am glad they finally gave Augie some personality.

But Augie's wife was supposed to be one of the most beautiful in Rome. I would have to question the casting of Livia. She even had weird teeth.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would kneel before Xerxes if we got a third season of Rome.

Wait, wrong time period.

I also didn't care much for horsey-teeth wife. Titus Pullo is about to run Rome, not just the Aventine.

He's not technically Augie yet though, correct? Doesn't he take that title later? They rush the timelines on this show so fast...

And yes, they finally gave this Octavian more of the Max Pirkis flavor...it was good to see. I've now bought this guy is the same guy...took a bit.

And OctaAugie likes Ye Ol' S&M play, huh?

BTW, I wasn't expecting Eirene to actually die...just to lose the baby. I was a little :shock: there. Ray Stevenson needs a damn Emmy already. Thank goodness we just had a girl, because if we had a boy I might have named him Titus Pullo.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Santa Cleopatra!! hat death scene was perhaps the best death bed scene in TV history. Perhaps we need a thread about it.

The episode also had the best bite out the tongue scene ever. Perhaps we need a thread on that.

ASFN Discussion point:

Is it possible to bite out someone's tongue like that?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A source I have a HBO said: Only two more episodes because the show is so expensive.

Fingers crossed that the Chinese rumor is more reliable.

Sorry for the Gambo/Jurecki/PFT nature of my rumor posting.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree his wife was not attractive at all.

Greatest line ever (from memory)

"I will hit you on occasion. Not for anything you did wrong but because it gives me sexual pleasure."

And says it in such a business like way lol

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree his wife was not attractive at all.

Greatest line ever (from memory)

"I will hit you on occasion. Not for anything you did wrong but because it gives me sexual pleasure."

And says it in such a business like way lol
Awesome. "Sometimes with my hand, sometimes with a small whip. Not hard..."

(from memory)

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I think Rome is most likely done after this season. HBO has a recent history of cancelling popular shows because of their expense etc. like Carnivale and Deadwood.

You can already see the show wrapping up the characters like Servilia and Eirene (dead) & Timon (left for Jerusalem). I really hope I'm wrong, but it would be very surprising if it was kept going at the quality it is right now.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Rome is most likely done after this season. HBO has a recent history of cancelling popular shows because of their expense etc. like Carnivale and Deadwood.

You can already see the show wrapping up the characters like Servilia and Eirene (dead) & Timon (left for Jerusalem). I really hope I'm wrong, but it would be very surprising if it was kept going at the quality it is right now.
At lunch I had confirmation that HBO will cancel Rome after the next 2 episodes because it is too expensive. More episodes were written, but will not be shot.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marc Antony:

"You won't turn to drink will you? You stoic types always do, and then disappoint later in life."

cinque/cinque

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Another dark but brilliant episode. At least the show will go off the air with a bang

"Shh You'll scare the deer" lol

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Just...Wow! Great episode. I loved how they resolved the Pullo/Gaia/Eirene situation. I really enjoy the rapport between Vorenus and Antony. Great stuff!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard