Peacemaker (HBO Max)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Ah, gotcha. By and large I've loved the Marvel movies, though I'm not watching them all any longer. By and large the DC movies have sucked, but not, IMO, because they're DC. I'm not one of "those" Marvel Fan boys.
What I take umbrage with from Marvel fan boys are the ones who criticize the DC movies for a "darker tone".

Personally I hated Thor Ragnarok from a stylistic perspective. I thought the movie was funny and fun, but I thought it didn't take itself serious enough. I mean, Asgard was destroyed and Thor and his crew are making jokes right after? That's kind of stupid IMO.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What I take umbrage with from Marvel fan boys are the ones who criticize the DC movies for a "darker tone".

Personally I hated Thor Ragnarok from a stylistic perspective. I thought the movie was funny and fun, but I thought it didn't take itself serious enough. I mean, Asgard was destroyed and Thor and his crew are making jokes right after? That's kind of stupid IMO.
Actually, I thought Thor Ragnarok was atrocious. They absolutely wasted goth Cate Blanchett, and just relied way too much on the yuk yuk.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please at least say you hated the 1st one a thousand times worse, because...wow.
I hated the bad guys (including Leto). The rest of the characters I liked. Both movies disappointed but I really hated the second movie. I wanted it so bad to be better but the writing was lazy (cartoon, cliche bad guys), what I posted above and another alternate universe copout.
Are you a Marvel fan boy?
No. Grew up on DC. My favorite hero is Batman. I can just admit that most of the DC movies have been sub-par efforts while Marvel has been hitting it out of the park. DC simply does TV better than film. DC movie fans deserve better.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm no John Cena (or Suicide Squad) fan, but I guess I should watch this.
Same here. It's no secret I thought the second Suicide Squad was cliche, had lazy writing and had one of the silliest endings ever with Patrick Star. However, I really think this show is funny. You should give it a shot. Even though I don't think Cena is a very good actor his "style" fits the tone of this show.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. It's no secret I thought the second Suicide Squad was cliche, had lazy writing and had one of the silliest endings ever with Patrick Star. However, I really think this show is funny. You should give it a shot. Even though I don't think Cena is a very good actor his "style" fits the tone of this show.
Count me as a former skeptic turned big fan. I think Cena gets a bad beat for a lame attempt to break into the action pantheon after wrestling.

He’s actually a pretty hilarious comic actor. Was really funny in that movie about parents trying to keep their daughters from sex on prom night and Vacation Friends.

And Peacemaker has been the perfect character/vehicle for him to combine action and the comedy chops he’s honed to perfection over the years.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Count me as a former skeptic turned big fan. I think Cena gets a bad beat for a lame attempt to break into the action pantheon after wrestling.

He’s actually a pretty hilarious comic actor. Was really funny in that movie about parents trying to keep their daughters from sex on prom night and Vacation Friends.

And Peacemaker has been the perfect character/vehicle for him to combine action and the comedy chops he’s honed to perfection over the years.
I think that is fair. He does comedy MUCH better but I think because he comes off as "cheese" as an actor. You are talking about Blockers and that was hilarious.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that is fair. He does comedy MUCH better but I think because he comes off as "cheese" as an actor. You are talking about Blockers and that was hilarious.
Yeah, Blockers. That was it.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm no John Cena (or Suicide Squad) fan, but I guess I should watch this.

I'm in the same boat with regards to SS.

To those who have watched, are the SS movies a prerequisite to this series or can we dive in?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

To those who have watched, are the SS movies a prerequisite to this series or can we dive in?
They are only slightly a prerequisite. You can certainly watch this without having seen them. They’ll bring you up to speed.

I LOVE this series. And I never knew who peacemaker was despite being a comic book guy in the preteen years. And the finale was flat out fantastic.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Skip the first Suicide Squad.

The second one is much better and better if you watch realizing it's pure ridiculousness, you should enjoy it. John Cena is hilarious in Suicide Squad and follows it up with even more hilarity in Peacemaker.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skip the first Suicide Squad.

The second one is much better and better if you watch realizing it's pure ridiculousness, you should enjoy it. John Cena is hilarious in Suicide Squad and follows it up with even more hilarity in Peacemaker.
Yeah... I started watching the second one again late last night. That movie is just pure, ridiculous fun.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Just finished the last episode and it did not disappoint. My opinion, easily the best comic book show because the character is a dumb one that is done fantastically. Great writing to take a C list comic villain and bring him to life.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson