Patrick Peterson

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I know it's early, but color me un-impressed so far. Both the Raiders and Packers have completed just about every pass thrown to his man. He just lays off and lets his man catch the ball in front of him.

He hasn't come close to making a big play. I thought he was supposed to be the most exciting player in the draft?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
yeah, cuz we all want the kid to be real exciting in the second week of pre season.................

Brewster10

Registered
Reaction score
I know it's early, but color me un-impressed so far. Both the Raiders and Packers have completed just about every pass thrown to his man. He just lays off and lets his man catch the ball in front of him.

He hasn't come close to making a big play. I thought he was supposed to be the most exciting player in the draft?

He's been a professional player for two weeks. Give the kid a chance to learn the system and speed of the game.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Come on Renz. Horton was just quoted recently saying the kid is learning a whole new defensive system and his head is swimming and he has only been practicing for 2 weeks. Give the kid a chance to absorb everything.

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Wasn't PP7 one of the dumbest players in his draft class? Maybe that's stopping him from being a elite NFL CB.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Come on Renz. Horton was just quoted recently saying the kid is learning a whole new defensive system and his head is swimming and he has only been practicing for 2 weeks. Give the kid a chance to absorb everything.

while youre right Shane he still isnt being used to his strengths...man & press coverage!!! The knock on him coming out of LSU was his ability to play zone, which is what Horton said he will do & Pit did when blitzing.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
while youre right Shane he still isnt being used to his strengths...man & press coverage!!! The knock on him coming out of LSU was his ability to play zone, which is what Horton said he will do & Pit did when blitzing.

Then he needs to learn zone.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I haven't seen the best player in the draft speed, I think its his head in the way not his heart. He's overwhelmed, no OTA's.

He has my break He won't be full speed well into the season, Nor will Horton.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score

Bingo! Making him play zone is pissing me off, but at this point I'll trust Horton until he gives me a reason not to.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I haven't seen the best player in the draft speed

Me either. I'm not concerned because he's making rookie mistakes by covering the wrong guy or taking the wrong angle but that he doesn't really look like anything special as an athlete.

Maybe the coaches are hiding him like McGinnis did Anquan. :D

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Macs only chance at winning was tricking the other team out of a W when he had players like a washed up Emmitt & Jeff Blake leading that team. :D

An all-world performance by the rook of the year couldn't even pull out that win against the lowly Lions. :mad:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Macs only chance at winning was tricking the other team out of a W when he had players like a washed up Emmitt & Jeff Blake leading that team. :D

An all-world performance by the rook of the year couldn't even pull out that win against the lowly Lions. :mad:

That was an amazing debut by Q. You just don't normally see rookie WRs put up numbers like that in their first NFL game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Me either. I'm not concerned because he's making rookie mistakes by covering the wrong guy or taking the wrong angle but that he doesn't really look like anything special as an athlete.

I guess you weren't watching last week when he returned that kick. One more crease and he takes it to the house.

Generally, even fast athletes will look slow when they are forced to think too much. Remember....DRC looked like dog **** tacos his first 10 games or so as a rookie.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I guess you weren't watching last week when he returned that kick. One more crease and he takes it to the house.

Generally, even fast athletes will look slow when they are forced to think too much. Remember....DRC looked like dog **** tacos his first 10 games or so as a rookie.

No I didn't see the kick return last week. But haven't seen much athleticism out of him in the time I was watching.

Maybe I shouldn't have watched those Deion Sanders highlights during HOF weekend. Just wishing that we could have another guy who just walked on the field and looked like a stud like Q did in '03.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course it is early but Toler impressed me more as a rookie in preseason.

Peterson hasn't shown a thing on D yet. No speed or toughness that I have seen.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So are we to believe PP ran the 2nd fastest 40 time at the combine, had the 3rd best vert among CB's, but he's lost all that athleticism since we drafted him?

These guys aren't in shape yet because of the lockout and because of limited practice time.

And yes watch the Punt return last week the acceleration was obvious.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So are we to believe PP ran the 2nd fastest 40 time at the combine, had the 3rd best vert among CB's, but he's lost all that athleticism since we drafted him?

These guys aren't in shape yet because of the lockout and because of limited practice time.

And yes watch the Punt return last week the acceleration was obvious.

Combine #'s mean nothing once guys put on the pads and start moving on a football field.

I have yet to see anything from him to indicate he is an elite athlete on the football field. He just looks like a Rod Hood or Bryant McFadden so far to me.

Come on PP21 lets see some of that magic that had people calling you the #1 player in the draft. It doesn't have to be every play just a glimmer man.

Last edited:

jerseyred

Rookie
Reaction score
It seems to me that he has the mindset that its preseason i dont want to get hurt , you can tell hes not going all out

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He had Jennings covered perfectly on the touchdown play, but you could tell he hasn't learned the back-shoulder throw that QBs use in the NFL.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Bingo! Making him play zone is pissing me off, but at this point I'll trust Horton until he gives me a reason not to.

Brian-----ref. your sig. I will put this as diplomatically as I possibly can. Since you put it out there for everyone to see,----- my only comment is that,-----you are a mod. You shouldn't have needed to be told not to.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Of course it is early but Toler impressed me more as a rookie in preseason.

Peterson hasn't shown a thing on D yet. No speed or toughness that I have seen.

Don't forget that Toler had an entire off-season of OTA's and mini-camps that PP21 was not fortunate enough to have due to the lockout. Give the kid a little slack until he shows that he cannot play at this speed. I think you will be surprised when he catches on. Besides, even if he doesn't catch on at CB, we have a huge need at SS, which is exactly where many projected him to play anyway once he reached the pros.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Don't forget that Toler had an entire off-season of OTA's and mini-camps that PP21 was not fortunate enough to have due to the lockout. Give the kid a little slack until he shows that he cannot play at this speed. I think you will be surprised when he catches on. Besides, even if he doesn't catch on at CB, we have a huge need at SS, which is exactly where many projected him to play anyway once he reached the pros.

Don't forget that PP21 played 3 years of professional football before coming to the Cardinals. Toler and DRC played amateur football.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard