Panther' Pick

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you're the Panther's GM, who do you take 1st overall?

OP
OP
bg7brd

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They need both DT and DE but I'm leaning towards Bowers since DE is a position that garners top money and they're going to run a 4-3 D

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fairley appears more dominant and a safer pick than Bowers but both are good.
However don't rule out WR A.J. Green. He is an awesome prospect.

rode kardinaal

Registered
Reaction score
Forfeit the pick, wait two picks, and then pick who's left of the three and save yourself millions of dollars in guaranteed money. Or just trade down if there's a team that's willing.

Unless there's a rookie scale, in which case I would go A.J. Green i think.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Nick Fairley. They already have a pretty good defense, their problems were almost all offensive. But no offensive prospect will have the impact that Fairley will have so I think the Panthers draft Fairley with an eye on having an elite defense and fixing the offense through Free Agency.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I say Bowers, if they are running a 4-3. I see him becoming the next Mario Williams. Fairley would be a DT in a 4-3 scheme, for the money they are going to be paying it might as well be for a pass rushing DE which Bowers is.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
I am leaning towards Bowers, but I hope they pick Green since that will drop more talent down to us.

I am really curious to see what Bowers comes in looking like at the combine and how he runs and does the drills. That will help determine whether he can play OLB in a 3-4 or if he is strictly a 4-3 DE.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am leaning towards Bowers, but I hope they pick Green since that will drop more talent down to us.

I am really curious to see what Bowers comes in looking like at the combine and how he runs and does the drills. That will help determine whether he can play OLB in a 3-4 or if he is strictly a 4-3 DE.

if they choose green then more talent to us?????..green is the best talent

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1) Fairley
The Panthers have a pretty bright future in DE's Greg Hardy and (more obviously) Charles Johnson.

If anything the lessons of Suh's recent success could influence the decision and help give the Panthers a legitimately troubling defensive line they haven't had since their SB run.

2) Julio Jones
If they want to make some strides on offense I'd actually recommend Julio Jones.

He's a large bodied target who excels after the catch and understands how to block. He may not be the more attractive product Green is, but he could be a much safer option for a team with a young QB and Steve Smith still provides the stretch option.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
1) Fairley
The Panthers have a pretty bright future in DE's Greg Hardy and (more obviously) Charles Johnson.

If anything the lessons of Suh's recent success could influence the decision and help give the Panthers a legitimately troubling defensive line they haven't had since their SB run.
They also have Everette Brown who was on IR and is another young DE. I think Bowers is the best player but think AJ Green will be the pick, or Fairley.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Nick Fairley will go 1. The Panthers are thin inside at DT.

Broncos will take Marcel Dareus or Bowers depending on whether they go 4-3 or 3-4.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The popular pick is going to be Cam Newton. They need a QB and most people are going to fall in love with his Athletic Talent. This pick will bring ticket sales right off the bat and satisfy a position need. Panthers pick Newton than the Cardinals wouldn't be tempted or pressured in taking that pick. I can't wait for the cheesy lines that will promote Newton. Newton redifining the law of gravity.

Last edited: