Our Offensive Line is very very bad

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
idk but when I posted this thread yesterday - the only thing I could say about Paris was he's a rookie
Maybe you weren't watching him specifically? He had a good game for the first game as a rookie going against arguably a top 10 pass rusher in this league. If you couldn't see positives in his play, I'd start to believe that there is some bias preventing it.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Maybe you weren't watching him specifically? He had a good game for the first game as a rookie going against arguably a top 10 pass rusher in this league. If you couldn't see positives in his play, I'd start to believe that there is some bias preventing it.
My bad, I meant the only knock on Paris that I could come up with was that he was a rookie. I couldn't knock his performance yesterday, he played like a bully. I wish we had 3 more of him.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bad, I meant the only knock on Paris that I could come up with was that he was a rookie. I couldn't knock his performance yesterday, he played like a bully. I wish we had 3 more of him.
That makes more sense.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
In my opinion they will not be as bad as they looked since it was unfortunate circumstance to face such a solid DL before having a chance to gel much with what looked to be an indecisive QB. I’m waiting for conclusive judgment on many things until after Kyler is back though.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Buffalo allowed 5 sacks...and only got 95 yards rushing with runningbacks way better than ours.... but yet everyone says they are contending for the super bowl.

we have three new guys and one of them is a rookie.... this was their first game together. They will gel and improve.
This is the hope.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn’t think our online played nearly as bad as some think.
I don't either. I think our offensive playcalling and the QB play made it look bad. I'd probably give it a C+ or a B-. The saddest part, is the most stable player on the team (Humphries) had the worst game of the lot.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't either. I think our offensive playcalling and the QB play made it look bad. I'd probably give it a C+ or a B-. The saddest part, is the most stable player on the team (Humphries) had the worst game of the lot.
I think that has a lot to do with him playing next to Elijah Wilkinson, TBH.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that has a lot to do with him playing next to Elijah Wilkinson, TBH.
You could be right. Without watching the game a 2nd time, it's hard to really focus on line play.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I wrote earlier that Johnson played like a rookie. He didn’t play badly, he just got schooled a few times. He did nothing to make me think he wouldn’t develop into a good player. Humphries wasn’t terrible except for a costly penalty. Both tackles could have provided better run blocking. The inside OLs were terrible. They provided no push when running and were continually bypassed in pass protection. Keim’s refusal to use top picks to solidify both lines are proving costly. Going forward I think the Cards are fine at Tackle but atrocious inside. I know Washington has a great DL. I expected them to be effective. I predicted the Cards would only score 6. I just thought the Cards would win a few more times.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wrote earlier that Johnson played like a rookie. He didn’t play badly, he just got schooled a few times. He did nothing to make me think he wouldn’t develop into a good player. Humphries wasn’t terrible except for a costly penalty. Both tackles could have provided better run blocking. The inside OLs were terrible. They provided no push when running and were continually bypassed in pass protection. Keim’s refusal to use top picks to solidify both lines are proving costly. Going forward I think the Cards are fine at Tackle but atrocious inside. I know Washington has a great DL. I expected them to be effective. I predicted the Cards would only score 6. I just thought the Cards would win a few more times.
Keim did spend as high first round pick on Cooper. He didn't work out, but he tried at least once.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I think teams are going to exploit our middle - disrupt our handoffs and force the 5 yard throws from a forever disoriented Dobbs. I almost feel bad for Hollywood

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think teams are going to exploit our middle - disrupt our handoffs and force the 5 yard throws from a forever disoriented Dobbs. I almost feel bad for Hollywood
KM has so much to look forward to

Hard for him to want to come back early knowing he'll be under pressure at the snap

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Keim did spend as high first round pick on Cooper. He didn't work out, but he tried at least once.
It's actually cost prohibitive to draft an IOL in the first round of the draft when it comes to the 5th year option. That said, I feel you can find quality IOL players all across the top threes.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
It's actually cost prohibitive to draft an IOL in the first round of the draft when it comes to the 5th year option. That said, I feel you can find quality IOL players all across the top threes.

At this point, we need impact players. We can worry about 5th year options when we actually draft somebody good.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree with you, just pointing it out that we did try.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea, under no circumstance this team should be drafting a IOL in the first, especially with a high pick. Whether we’re #1 pick or Super Bowl contenders.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Bone headed Froh-start penalty by the Wildling killed a muy importante drive today - other that (and the 4th quarter) I think the O-line did better today especially with the run blocking