Our Offensive Line is very very bad

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, WAS defensive line is probably the best we will see all season, but yeah I think we could address another piece or two in the draft or FA.
As 'bad' as our defense was supposed to be, it looked much better because of how bad Washington's OL was. We were the same in reverse. Our OL was supposed to be much better than it played, but it played the 2nd best front 4 in football after SF. (IMO)

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Overreaction Monday I see.

Washington literally has one of the best front sevens in football. Competent QB play would have guaranteed a victory in this game.
Agreed. If we had a serviceable QB, this was a win. Even with someone like Colt.
This is why I was perplexed that we did not go out in the offseason and get a serviceable guy to hold down the fort for if/when Kyler was healthy this year. Now doing so pretty much cemented the tank notion.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agreed. If we had a serviceable QB, this was a win. Even with someone like Colt.
This is why I was perplexed that we did not go out in the offseason and get a serviceable guy to hold down the fort for if/when Kyler was healthy this year. Now doing so pretty much cemented the tank notion.
Eh I think a legit backup could see from a country mile that the Cardinals weren't a good opportunity. Even Dobbs spurned the Cardinals.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this staff and doctors believed McCoy would be ready to go but that never developed. I’m not happy with Dobbs but I understand getting him even if now it appears to be a mistake.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The front office thought Dobbs was serviceable. It looks like they were wrong.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Some are saying our offensive line played so crappy because of Dobbs - and at the same time they're saying we should keep starting Dobbs

I don't know what to tell these people - I mean we're stuck with this craptacular line for the immediate future

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'll just point out that Bryce Young was about as bad as Dobbs.

There aren't even 32 good NFL QBs. Heck, the Commanders trotted out Sam Howell. SAM HOWELL!
Why do you keep bringing up a rookie's predictable crappy debut and comparing it to a 6 year vet's crappy performance? And according to you... Dobbs should've had the clear advantage, being that he WAS SO FAMILIAR

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Why do you keep bringing up a rookie's predictable crappy debut and comparing it to a 6 year vet's crappy performance? And according to you... Dobbs should've had the clear advantage, being that he WAS SO FAMILIAR
LOL with 13 days of practice, vs. a #1 overall pick who had all off-season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Some are saying our offensive line played so crappy because of Dobbs - and at the same time they're saying we should keep starting Dobbs

I don't know what to tell these people - I mean we're stuck with this craptacular line for the immediate future
Starting Tune is very likely just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic at this point.

I'll want Tune in a few weeks if we don't see marked improvement.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To be fair, WAS defensive line is probably the best we will see all season, but yeah I think we could address another piece or two in the draft or FA.
Have you heard of Eagles?

Reactions: PJ1

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
LOL with 13 days of practice, vs. a #1 overall pick who had all off-season.
Who chose to bring him in and start him on 13 days of practice? Shockingly enough, he looked exactly like he did in all his other starts - crap. Which is why he's never won an NFL game, and why it was absurd to give up resources for a guy who once again showed he's no better than Blough.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard