OT: Other games 12-30/31-23

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Ben Johnson's play calling tonight is giving his aspirations of a $15 million/year coaching contract a reality check.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
McCarthy’s play calling is overpriced. he spends the entire game calling stupid run plays that cool off his best players and then when they need to run the clock he throws the ball.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s not out of the picture that Panthers get a W today with TLaw out.. believe we still would be picking 2nd bc of SOS but would make week 18 a little interesting

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, from looking at social media, it looks like the refs handed the Cowboys the win.

Video shows that Decker clearly checked in with the refs, and he acknowledged it and told the Cowboys, but yet called the penalty anyway

Further evidence at the NFL is rigged and they weren’t about to let the Cowboys lose on Jimmy Johnson night

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, from looking at social media, it looks like the refs handed the Cowboys the win.

Video shows that Decker clearly checked in with the refs, and he acknowledged it and told the Cowboys, but yet called the penalty anyway

Further evidence at the NFL is rigged and they weren’t about to let the Cowboys lose on Jimmy Johnson night
You are correct

Here is an article on it

And of course it helps the Cowboys on national TV

The NFL should be embarrassed about these blatant missed calls favoring certain teams

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get to watch Dolphins at Ravens for my early game

This should be a really good game

Hoping the Dolphins win

Edit: forgot we are the early game today

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Decker has to be 100% sure the ref knows he’s identifying as eligible which he didn’t do. The other lineman clearly did. Also, the Cowboys are the 2nd most penalized team in the league.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Draft watch games of interest:

Titans at Texans with CJ Stroud back. Lets go Tenn!!

Carolina at Jax with Trevor Lawrence out --

Pats at Buff.

SF at Wash

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decker has to be 100% sure the ref knows he’s identifying as eligible which he didn’t do. The other lineman clearly did. Also, the Cowboys are the 2nd most penalized team in the league.
I think you missed this part:

Skipper said he “did not say a word to the ref,” and an overhead shot from ESPN shows Decker going up to Allen before the play presumably to report.

“All I really want to say on it, just so I don’t get myself into trouble, I did exactly what coach told me to do,” Decker said, via video from Nolan Bianchi of the Detroit News. “I went to the ref and said, ‘Report.’ It’s my understanding, too, that Dan [Campbell] brings up the possibility of those sorts of plays pregame. I did what I was told to do and did it how we did it in practice all week. That’s all I want to touch on with that.”

The confusion may have been Skipper coming off the sideline, with Decker already in the game. The intent likely was to confuse the Cowboys, but it confused Allen instead.

Lorenzo

Reaction score

I’ll take it. The refs have rigged a lot of games against Dallas lately. The game should have been over already but wasn’t thanks to a bogus tripping call.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think you missed this part:

Skipper said he “did not say a word to the ref,” and an overhead shot from ESPN shows Decker going up to Allen before the play presumably to report.

“All I really want to say on it, just so I don’t get myself into trouble, I did exactly what coach told me to do,” Decker said, via video from Nolan Bianchi of the Detroit News. “I went to the ref and said, ‘Report.’ It’s my understanding, too, that Dan [Campbell] brings up the possibility of those sorts of plays pregame. I did what I was told to do and did it how we did it in practice all week. That’s all I want to touch on with that.”

The confusion may have been Skipper coming off the sideline, with Decker already in the game. The intent likely was to confuse the Cowboys, but it confused Allen instead.

On the replay they kept showing you can see the ref pointing at #70 and runs over to the Dallas defense to tell them #70. The ref made a mistake. I thought Dan Campbell should have kicked the extra point after that.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Dallas should have at least two home losses, but - refs.
The play that no one talked about is the tripping penalty that got called on the wrong team. Dallas could have run the clock out if the refs didn’t screw them. So the refs are the ones that gave Detroit time to have a comeback attempt. But espn failed to notice and didn’t report it until today. During the play you could see hendershot screaming as he was coming off the failed, but aikman and buck didn’t even address the penalty.

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s incorrect Decker clearly made sure that the ref knew

And it’s the timing of the penalties were Dallas gets the benefit

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That’s incorrect Decker clearly made sure that the ref knew

And it’s the timing of the penalties were Dallas gets the benefit
The tripping call on the wrong team extended the game. That was bad timing for the refs to make a mistake. Dallas should have been able to run the clock out after their interception. Instead the narrative is Dallas got handed the game. If Mike McCarthy called those series of plays and lost the game after going for 2 points, he would get roasted for that. And for good reason. Dan Campbell let his ego get the best of him.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The ref made a mistake for sure. Detroit had 3 linemen going to the ref in an attempt to confuse the cowboys defensive coverage, instead they confused the ref. Allegedly Dallas wasn’t told 68 was eligible so they did not put a defender on him. If the play was upheld Dallas would have a had a legit reason to protest, especially if you factor in the prior blown call that extended the game.

Detroit were terrible in short yardage situations in that game. And Dan Campbell was coaching as if they were unstoppable in short yardage situations. The lions can blame the refs for sure, but if the shoe were on the other foot, non cowboys fans would not care and McCarthy would be getting roasted for going for 2 three plays in a row.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Draft watch games of interest:

Titans at Texans with CJ Stroud back. Lets go Tenn!!

Carolina at Jax with Trevor Lawrence out --

Pats at Buff.

SF at Wash
Houston are back to their explosive ways with stroud. And SF 13-10 over Washington at the half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd