OT: I am now retired

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just logged off for the final time.

It feels great!

Looking forward to hitching up the trailer and doing some traveling. Safely, of course.

Just wanted to share with my Card fan buddies on ASFN.

Thank you for indulging me. Now, back to the regularly scheduled arguing

Congratulations!!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But u keep doing something? Right?

yes I still work however it’s completely unnecessary I do it to keep the boredom away and to get me out of the house… It is a completely different perspective when you don’t need the job. literally zero stress and much more enjoyable....

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes I still work however it’s completely unnecessary I do it to keep the boredom away and to get me out of the house… It is a completely different perspective when you don’t need the job. literally zero stress and much more enjoyable....

do you ever foresee yourself doing something completely different, trying on a new hat with the freedom you have now?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you ever foresee yourself doing something completely different, trying on a new hat with the freedom you have now?

I’m already trying. Would like to get out of the security industry altogether. But the problem is my background and experience is geared that way. I could go back to school but I feel like it would be a waste. I’m 47 and don’t plan on working anymore after 50 and being truly done and retired. My little one will be out of the house by then.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
5 more years for me, maybe 4 if things fall right. Happy for TRW and jealous of Shane.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I retired 14 years ago but like Shane said it is nice to work when you want, do what you want and stop when you want. A great feeling.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just logged off for the final time.

It feels great!

Looking forward to hitching up the trailer and doing some traveling. Safely, of course.

Just wanted to share with my Card fan buddies on ASFN.

Thank you for indulging me. Now, back to the regularly scheduled arguing
Congratulations on your milestone and enjoy TRW!! In this day and age when retirement seems to take longer to reach, you made it.

Drop_D

Rookie
Reaction score
Umm, I think he meant that he retired from the board.

And, with his newfound free time from not reading if we should trade PP or how much Keim sucks at drafting, he is going to travel and enjoy life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I will never get to fully retire..... was semi-retired for about eight years and it kinda drive me nuts..... fortunately my third divorce put an end to that poo.... as well as any likelihood I will ever see true retirement

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Congrats, I retired 4 years ago and have not regretted one minute of it. Love the retired life. Do what you want when you want, no one to tell you you have to do something, no deadlines, no mandatory extra work, it's great! You have total control over your life. Last week, my wife said let's go on a dolphin sightseeing tour, boom on the boat enjoying the water and looking at dolphins. This pass Tuesday, let's go visit Daufuskie Island because we never been there, caught a boat to the island and enjoyed the day there. Played golf yesterday and it was a gorgeous day to be outside. Absolutely love it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson